SG9665GC V3 keeps "reformatting" itself periodically & endlessly?

the entire disk available, wow, seems overkill

With that one exception I mentioned with my friend's father I've never heard of it being an issue for anyone. I suspect it prevents more problems than it creates for people who work with huge graphics or video files and need to trash them.

With that one exception I mentioned with my friend's father I've never heard of it being an issue for anyone. I suspect it prevents more problems than it creates for people who work with huge graphics or video files and need to trash them.

I think Mac users traditionally have perhaps been a bit more savvy, graphics industry, education users etc but as the technology ages up and older users have switched to Mac this is less so than before

I think Mac users traditionally have perhaps been a bit more savvy, graphics industry, education users etc but as the technology ages up and older users have switched to Mac this is less so than before

I've seen this with older users going back to the early days. It's a relatively small demographic, but indeed, it's been a growing one as computers have become ubiquitous. Reminds me of when I would visit my elderly aunt and uncle and the clock on their VCR was always blinking cause they couldn't figure out how to set it. I'd have to set it every time I'd visit.

Reminds me of when I would visit my elderly aunt and uncle and the clock on their VCR was always blinking cause they couldn't figure out how to set it. I'd have to set it every time I'd visit.

I think everyone has at least one relative in the family like that

A bit of bad news here.
Having reformatted the Sandisk 200 GB mSD card in the desktop computer, and in the camera, and all was well - all of a sudden, the GC V3 dashcam plays up again yesterday.
It asked to reformat, but when I click down, and click enter, it would NOT reformat - instead the GC did NOT record, and the left red LED off.
I had to pull the mini-USB power cable out - wait a few seconds for the unit to switch off, then plug the power back in, and everything was fine.

Well, if this keeps up, must go to Samsung 256 GB, or Transcend 128 GB mSD cards.
All SG9665GC's may all have to stay clear of Sandisk 200 GB micro SD cards????????????
Just giving everyone feedback...

The only Sandisk cards that are solid are their High Endurance white cards.

Samsung EVO Select is the recommended 256GB card. (The green one)

Strange, because the Sandisk 200 GB mSD card works fine in the SGZC12RC V2...

I did a quick format.
I heard someone say that full formats on solid state memory damages the drive, esp SSD & SSM's?

me mate paul who has a V3 just told me its asking to be formatted every hour or so, told him to format in camera not PC as that is what he was doing, will see how it goes.

me mate paul who has a V3 just told me its asking to be formatted every hour or so, told him to format in camera not PC as that is what he was doing, will see how it goes.

yeah don't format in PC, if things are out of whack get him to do a full format in the PC using the SD Formatter software then format in camera, if he still has issues let me know if he needs a replacement memory card

Be careful.
Check with your friend to see if his dashcam is "really" reformatting the micro SD card inside?
Because when mine plays up, the SG9665GC won't reformat inside the dashcam at all.
What actually happens is the left red LED stops blinking; in other words, the dash cam is no longer recording.
I have to pull my mini USB out, wait and few seconds, and re-insert the mini USB to reboot - then everything is fine - until the next episode.
I will try to do a FULL reformat of the micro SD card in the desktop PC, and then see what happens...

Same issue happening to my V2. It has a transcend 400x 64gb card and seems like almost every day now the dashcam will ask to format the card and not initially record. It was formatted in the dashcam originally, haven't tried reformatting the card again yet.

Same issue happening to my V2. It has a transcend 400x 64gb card and seems like almost every day now the dashcam will ask to format the card and not initially record. It was formatted in the dashcam originally, haven't tried reformatting the card again yet.

How old is your camera/card and how many hours a week/month do you record with it? A memory card is a consumable and they are the weakest link. (They don't last forever)

You should format the card in cam at least a few times per year to clean it up.

You should also update to the latest firmware if you haven't done so since you bought it.

Here is a better cleanup plan.

1) format the card in your computer using this app
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

2) pop the card back into the camera and format it in the camera.

3) power down, eject the card, put it back in your computer via card reader. Check it with h2wtest downloaded from: https://streetguardian.info/support

Your card is included as part of the Street Guardian warranty if you need a replacement.

Transcend also has a warranty and RMA process.
http://rma.transcend-info.com/us/repair/

The latest North America SG9665GC V3 are currently shipping with Samsung EVO Select cards.

I purchased the v2 refurbished from ebay about 3 weeks ago. Also the card was brand new as well. I'll try formatting on pc and then on dashcam.

Back