SGGCCPL Circular Polarizing ( CPL ) Lens Filter for Street Guardian SG9665GC

Received my CPL. I thought it was made of cheap black foam, but it's actually pretty stiff and good quality. Fits prefect. It helped with glare overall, but doesn't seem to affect the corner glares much.

I have my street guardian sg9665gc v2 installed and all working well. I have hardwired it in as well. Now that I have the GPS working properly with the right program for viewing (thanks jokiin ).I do notice a lot of glare from the dash when driving into the sun, which is not good . I may need to get hold of one of the CPL filters. I think I read they are only available from the website. I will have to check if there are any in stock .

I only have one left at the moment, next lot won't be for a couple of weeks

Thanks jokiin. I better get on there now then.

I have just finalised my order, hopefully in time.

order # is: 100000100

Last edited:
yeah I see it there, will go out Tuesday (tomorrow is a holiday here) so you should see it Wednesday or Thursday at the latest

Thank you jokiin. Sounds great to me. I am looking forward to seeing the difference the filter makes. :)

Anybody know which format I need to put a screenshot in to post in the thread? I have them saved as a PNG and it says they are too big to post. Thanks

I am posting a few screenshots of footage from my street guardian. I would like some opinions on which look the best quality. One is with no filter ,one is with filter attached and the other is with the filter on the other way up. Thanks. I am thinking I may need to pit a dashmat in the car to help with reflections. How does the orientation of the screen look. Not enough sky or too much sky?

Attachments

• with no filter.jpg
    with no filter.jpg
    515.7 KB · Views: 44
  • with filter.jpg
    with filter.jpg
    453.6 KB · Views: 45
  • with filter other way up.jpg
    with filter other way up.jpg
    479.4 KB · Views: 46
Should the CPL need to be adjusted at all and does it matter which way the filter is put on the camera? As there are two ways to put the filter on the camera lens, does it matter which way up is or is it a matter of trying both ways? I hope that isn't a stupid question btw.:) Cheers.

technically the larger opening goes toward the top, in practice though it works either way

Ok thanks jokiin. I will have to check which way I put it on.

Back
Top Bottom