SGZC12RC - blurry and out of focus?

I just like no pressure is needed, things just get fixed as thats just the way it is. :):cool:

Sure wish i had parties / ppl like that to vote on last thursday, but sadly thats not what the Danish ppl want, or so it seem. :confused:

About 30.000 pl voted blank here ( no x on ballot ) about 9000 ballots was cansled for some other reason ( mine beeing one of them )
Dont know how many dident even bother to go vote, the turnout of voters was 85% so many dident even bother ( and i cant really blame them )

With the first day of summer a week past, and the weather(at least in my state) getting hotter and hotter, any update to the fix?

Also, to users who aren't comfortable with a DIY repair, what are their options?

Thanks!

With the first day of summer a week past, and the weather(at least in my state) getting hotter and hotter, any update to the fix?

Also, to users who aren't comfortable with a DIY repair, what are their options?

Thanks!

if you're getting focus shift with the heat there's no DIY fix, we will be testing an updated lens assembly in around a weeks time, if that all checks out then we'll be arranging replacements for anyone that has a unit that is showing this problem

It appears that I am getting the blurry and out of focus issues with my cam as well. It's especially bad during the afternoon, the ambient temperatures out here are around 110* F right now. However, it's also about the same in the mornings when the temp is in the 80's. I put my Panorama S in my car are well so I could take some comparison video. I can upload vids of the morning if needed.

Links to the raw files:

Panorama S, Afternoon - https://mega.nz/#!O90k2KJD!-zaRS7ZCSyiwXhLj82ViigaSPzkGJ7sx4y3geLcCOQg

SGZC12RC, Afternoon - https://mega.nz/#!31dlzbwY!LQHPIw_9otgBZWlpfCJOum9dtzTudcEo_csjmq4CzRE

Panorama S, Night - https://mega.nz/#!ylUxUDaS!w2e5X2ctIdC7kD9wPLr5KgClknmddE3475sCsi8hZ7M

SGZC12RC, Night - https://mega.nz/#!7wMD1ZgD!gKb7YpLZfW2sBovfmE4Qoe5SIoV7q1ydh7eC_fbCseA

Thanks we should have this sorted soon, and everyone affected will receive a new updated camera lens. Our confirmation sample should arrive this week.

Thanks we should have this sorted soon, and everyone affected will receive a new updated camera lens. Our confirmation sample should arrive this week.

i'm looking forward to that. and depending on how good the focus is on lens mount v.2, i'm going with 2X RCs for my dual channel setup. :)

Not to beat a dead horse, but any updates on the replacement lens. It's a little disappointing to pay for a premium product, and have an issue like a lot of us are experiencing.

We have some final samples being prepared now which should ship out next week, we need to do our own field tests and confirm it's all good, if so then the replacement cameras will be prepared and sent out to the resellers who will arrange the replacements as necessary, I appreciate that it's not transparent to the end users but there has been a lot happening behind the scenes to get this sorted, and we will sort it

Am liking the small camera on this product, but unfortunately my cam also has a heat-related focusing problem. Compare parking-lot pics below, with morning on top and afternoon bottom. Also, why does the unit's accelerometer not always indicate zero when car is still?

sgzc12rc_morning.jpg sgzc12rc_afternoon.jpg

Am liking the small camera on this product, but unfortunately my cam also has a heat-related focusing problem. Compare parking-lot pics below, with morning on top and afternoon bottom. Also, why does the unit's accelerometer not always indicate zero when car is still?

The heat shift focus issue is what will be fixed in the new lens. Please PM me your order number/shipping address, and I'll queue up the replacement that should be arriving to our office next week. I'll have to look into the accelerometer question. Does it happen on both http://registratorviewer.com and http://dashcamviewer.com ?

The heat shift focus issue is what will be fixed in the new lens. Please PM me your order number/shipping address, and I'll queue up the replacement that should be arriving to our office next week. I'll have to look into the accelerometer question.
Thank you.
The accelerometer values (along with date and time) are encoded into the video stream by the unit itself.

if it reads zero start panicking while you float away, while ever we have gravity though those values will change
OK, I guess they're uncalibrated. Bottom pic does show "orbital" readings though.

So what is the situation with regard to new orders? Is it possible that I could receive a unit that has this issue or could I be re-assured that new deliveries have already received the fix?

So what is the situation with regard to new orders? Is it possible that I could receive a unit that has this issue or could I be re-assured that new deliveries have already received the fix?

The new reworked second production lens was just made recently at the factory. Pier28 was told samples are on the way. Once we confirm all is well, all new SGZC12RC orders will include the new updated lens. If anyone orders the first production version and has a problem we'll be sending them the new lens at no cost. We'll post more here as soon as the exact time line is known. Thanks for standing by so we can make things right.

I have a faulty lens bought through @Niko and I trust it to be dealt with in due time. Thank you guys for your awesome and professional customer service.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a faulty lens bought through @Niko and I trust it to be dealt with in due time. Thank you guys for your awesome and professional customer service.
Complaint noted. Replacement will be organized after new camera lens will be available. All exchange related postage cost is on me.
Sorry for troubles and thanks for patience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to this asap. I wanted to get this installed in time for a holiday trip across France in August:)

Back