Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

Dublin City Centre Night video from SG9665GC.

Compilation

Original files can be downloaded HERE

Full length videos from compilation with a lot of traffic.

OK - I jumped. I bought two - one for the front window of Santa's Little Red Sleigh and one for the rear window. I am replacing a DVR-027 which has developed a habit of stopping recording randomly. I have to keep the display open so I can make sure it is recording all the time. I am looking forward to a much nicer image as well as increased reliability. I can't wait to get them and install them! Thanks to Pier28 for their great customer service.

http://www.littleredsleigh.com/photographs.html - Scroll to the bottom to see photos of the Little Red Sleigh.

Last edited:
cant see santas ride, evil minions have messed up his internet.

Are there any updates on shipping and distribution for US customers?

Nice videos Niko.

Been there done that :) respect for the Santa attitude, we need more of that stuff in this day and age.

From link below you may find individual videos of SG9665GC in different conditions of Sunny Day ( low direct sun, back sun, "underground car park", near trees, etc ) and comparison to generic version.

Sunny Day. B40 / A118 vs Street Guardian SG9665GC

Last edited by a moderator:
My first post :)

Niko, thank you very much for all the videos you have shared. They are very helpful!

I recently bough and returned a A118C, mostly because the image was quite soft soft beyond about 10 m (and I think I know why but didn't want to take it apart and void the return or warranty period). I am now considering the SG9665GC because of the better sensor, hardware, firmware support and (hopefully) better quality control during assembly. After reading all of these posts, I have faith in jokiin's product.

When reviewing your night videos, it looks like there may be a couple hot or dead pixels: A bright white one about 20% in from the right edge of the image and a little less than half way up, and a less bright one about 20% in from the left edge and about half way up. Are these hot/dead pixels or are they just reflections from inside your car? Thanks!

My first post :)

Niko, thank you very much for all the videos you have shared. They are very helpful!

I recently bough and returned a A118C, mostly because the image was quite soft soft beyond about 10 m (and I think I know why but didn't want to take it apart and void the return or warranty period). I am now considering the SG9665GC because of the better sensor, hardware, firmware support and (hopefully) better quality control during assembly. After reading all of these posts, I have faith in jokiin's product.

When reviewing your night videos, it looks like there may be a couple hot or dead pixels: A bright white one about 20% in from the right edge of the image and a little less than half way up, and a less bright one about 20% in from the left edge and about half way up. Are these hot/dead pixels or are they just reflections from inside your car? Thanks!
They are reflections of light from windshield being with scratches and stone chips.

I've been selling Sony Exmor DashCam products since early 2014 and I can only think of 2 that had a dead pixel. The Sony CMOS quality control is excellent. If there is any problem I'll/We'll make things right lightening fast. I'm expecting the GC to be bulletproof based on the previous GM track record alone.

yes, they were airfreighted this week so all being well with customs clearance etc we should see them next week sometime

Air-freighted to Oz, US or UK or all of the aforementioned?

Excellent! Hopefully, will be in touch next week then:)

yes, they were airfreighted this week so all being well with customs clearance etc we should see them next week sometime

Hi jokiin

Counting my sleeps now! :cool:

My Troopy has a rear view mirror screen (for RV Cam) with a spare input.

The connector is the round 4 pin type.

Is there an adaptor for connecting a SG? :rolleyes:

Google didn't help! ;)

Cheers

Back