Street Guardian promotional activity.

Interesting, a wifi version. Is that really any major advantage/perk?
Another noob question-- How do you adjust the camera lens to the correct angle relative to the windshield if there's no real-time screen to look at?

some people like WiFi, I don't think it's that big a deal personally

you can view the live feed over WiFi, even the model with a screen I never look at the display when adjusting though, there are reference marks on the side adjusters that make it very obvious how to aim the lens

Street Guardian and A118 it's the same ? If not, what are differences?

Street Guardian and A118 it's the same ? If not, what are differences?

Here are a few things I threw together when asked on Amazon: (I want to make a nice spreadsheet/chart some day soon)
http://www.amazon.com/forum/-/Tx38RV4PR26BXWZ/ref=ask_dp_dpmw_al_hza?asin=B00U0OJMYG

Q:
Is this any better than your standard generic B40/A118 device?

A:
Here is a side by side Night Time video so you can see for yourself.
The SG9665GC might "look" like the B40/A118 from the outside but it's totally different inside. Instead of the lower cost Aptina sensor the SG9665GC uses a high end premium Sony IMX322 CMOS sensor which results in superior night performance. The all glass medium wide lens is also much sharper edge to edge resulting in a crystal clear perfectly focused image. The all metal lens housing keeps the lens from warping in high heat as well. The budget model B40/A118 lens is too wide and uses a cheap plastic lens/housing which results in an often times out of focus (heat warped) soft image. The SG9665GC has a higher spec Novatek NT96655 CPU which is more capable and has a higher heat tolerance than the B40/A118 NT96650 lower spec CPU. Let's not forget about the audio either. The microphone and sensitivity is far superior on the SG9665GC compared to the muffled B40/A118, you'll be pleasantly surprised how well audio is picked up. B40/A118 has a light grey non-stealth color adhesive pad, while the SG9665GC adhesive is stealth black and blends right in from the outside. For GPS, the B40/A118 uses a GoTop with MTK (Taiwan) chipset, ours is Ublox 7020 (Switzerland). SG9665GC Ublox: it's very stable and has great performance. It acquires GPS signal very fast whether the vehicle is moving or still. Also the GPS signal acquisition is quick when the vehicle comes out of a tunnel. GPS accuracy is very good. The craftsmanship and appearance of Ublox is better. But the cost is higher. The A118/B40 MTK GPS: newcomer in GPS tracking business,. It has worse performance in GPS signal acquisition and stability. If the vehicle comes out of a tunnel, it may take some time to reacquire the GPS signal, but of course the cost is lower. The SG9665GC is a premium product that just happens to share the same shell. Brighter clearer screen, New PCB, New Upgraded Sony Sensor, New Upgraded Higher quality Optics(which makes a lot of difference to the end result), All Metal Lens Housing, updated extreme temp compatible super capacitor + enhanced power supply with a longer cord, 32GB microSD card pre-installed with 64GB support, microSD/SD USB/OTG Android compatible card reader, microFiber bag, spare thicker mount for vertical windows, 3M static sticker for temp rental car installs, and more) Street Guardian is all about quality with over the top customer service and support

I saw the vídeos and SG quality is nice. It's a shame a high price because here in Brazil we pay at least 60% overprice by taxes in a foreigner goods.
[emoji24]

I saw the vídeos and SG quality is nice. It's a shame a high price because here in Brazil we pay at least 60% overprice by taxes in a foreigner goods.
[emoji24]

yeah unfortunately the tax rate in Brazil is out of control, everytime I meet a wholesaler from Brazil they're looking for the cheapest possible products as the product ends up so expensive by the time they get it then they feel they can't sell it

for example, we have this figure even more + the collapse of the rouble to the course $,
but we see the future of the brand Street Guardian™ and we continue to work with even greater force

Was referring to the over all camera itself as explained in your other heat thread. (Real world results vs published factory specs don't always match) it's been heat chamber tested much higher.

I was referring to the two CPU, you was comparing.
I don't think heat camber test, change the spec of the CPU. Second there is many way you can test in environmental test chamber. So it does not give any meaning, by say "it's been heat chamber tested much higher." Best case you can use it you "sale speak"
I have been working with environmental test chamber and militarily electronic. The reason why the factory of the chips give that max temperature, is that it can be unpredictably in higher temperature and shorten its life time.

I don't disagree that SG9665GC overall, got better component than B40/A118. But CPU got the same temperature range.

Last edited:
I think it's safe to assume the CPU spec is the reason the "official" over all camera specs will remain 70. I'm told the GC worked just fine heat chamber tested much higher though. Real world results show no problem this year even with record heat waves in Texas/Arizona even etc. (not a single heat failure yet).

I see both got Operating Ambient temperature from -10C to 70C.

https://dashcamtalk.com/cams/mobius/Novatek NT96650.pdf
https://dashcamtalk.com/cams/Novatek NT96655 Data Sheet.pdf

Can you clarified "has a higher heat tolerance than the" regarding CPU temperature? How does that work out from the data sheet.

doing the same job the 96655 runs much cooler than the 96650 does, it's two channel capable and we're only running it single channel which is not much of a load for this processor, put the two cameras on the bench and after about 30 minutes recording you can tell which is which just by touch, so while they are both rated at the same operating temp with all else being equal the 96650 version is going to get to those temps much faster

Back