Street Guardian SG9663DC (DC = Dual Channel)

4 actually with 2 cars. So nah, I think I'll go for 2 DC's instead. :D

isnt this the saucepan forum? be good to start talking about this new cam in its own thread.

Yes, I do have Vico Power Plus in stock if needed but it will not work for DC full parking mode function.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk
Just to make sure I understand this correctly:
DC with hardwire kit and using parking mode cannot be used with a device that will detect the battery voltage and cut off power to prevent the battery from being drained.
If this is correct, does the DC then have this built in? I cannot see using parking mode without some sort of cut off if battery level gets low.

Just to make sure I understand this correctly:
DC with hardwire kit and using parking mode cannot be used with a device that will detect the battery voltage and cut off power to prevent the battery from being drained.
If this is correct, does the DC then have this built in? I cannot see using parking mode without some sort of cut off if battery level gets low.
With upcoming original DC hard wire for parking mode there will be low voltage cut off and automatic parking mode.
At the moment you can still use it while car is parked as normal recording if you hardwire via Vico Power-plus.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TNT
Armchair quarterbacking seems to be a favorite pastime for a lot of folks ;)

It's the only way you can quarterback without spilling your beer :ROFLMAO:

Phil

The car im putting mine into first is worth less than the camera. You could buy a car and a good single channel camera cheaper than this camera :)
To protect your investment, lol

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
You didn't understand, it has nothing to do with how much the camera costs and there's nothing wrong with the car I drive except for the fact that it isn't mine (can't have no fixed installations) and it's a work car (no chance of putting a rear camera). :(
The front camera's FOV and reduced distortion at the bottom is exactly what I'm looking for.

b829da34-fa11-43df-bf8d-f336b097cdf2_1.1e1a6c78fccd92b2453cddb878092363.jpeg

I live by this. Hard to get a hold of here, so I have my parents ship me a couple bottles a year.

Once I have the new DC installed in my car, I will try to remember to post a vid when raining to show how good this stuff works.
I used to use rain x, but now I just use regular car wax. Works just as well, though it's a little more work to apply... Except if you're already waxing the car, then it's a trivial amount of time.

It's the only way you can quarterback without spilling your beer :ROFLMAO:

I have been wondering when those beer helmets will come with dual gimbals for a more active experience without spilling your beer load.

You didn't understand, it has nothing to do with how much the camera costs and there's nothing wrong with the car I drive except for the fact that it isn't mine (can't have no fixed installations) and it's a work car (no chance of putting a rear camera). :(
The front camera's FOV and reduced distortion at the bottom is exactly what I'm looking for.
Your right, i misunderstood, sorry.
b829da34-fa11-43df-bf8d-f336b097cdf2_1.1e1a6c78fccd92b2453cddb878092363.jpeg

I live by this. Hard to get a hold of here, so I have my parents ship me a couple bottles a year.

Once I have the new DC installed in my car, I will try to remember to post a vid when raining to show how good this stuff works.
That is great stuff, just discovered it 2 months ago. Wish i had tried it 10 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Idk if anybody has done something like this (granted it wouldn't work for parking mode). I ended up using this https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...let-12v-ac744-a-124m/6250129-P?searchTerm=12v
Cutting the end off the plug and figuring out the + since the red light was led. I used t taps and tapped into my 12v that turns on in ACC and ran the whole thing to my glovebox and used the normal 12v plug for my sg9665gc. So not only does it turn on when i start the car but i gain additional outlets. I can take pics if anybody is interested

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Idk if anybody has done something like this (granted it wouldn't work for parking mode). I ended up using this https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...let-12v-ac744-a-124m/6250129-P?searchTerm=12v
Cutting the end off the plug and figuring out the + since the red light was led. I used t taps and tapped into my 12v that turns on in ACC and ran the whole thing to my glovebox and used the normal 12v plug for my sg9665gc. So not only does it turn on when i start the car but i gain additional outlets. I can take pics if anybody is interested

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Yes, this is pretty common here. Some have even replaced their ash tray with similar units. I can't do that in my car since it doesn't have an ash tray. But I did run 12v up to the useless sunglasses bin in my overhead console and add one socket and my bdp in there.

Have these shipped yet? I thought they went out last week..

Here is the latest status of USA stock en route to Nevada from the factory.

Destination
RENO, NV - CARSON CITY - USA
Status
Customs status updated
November, 04 2017 10:34 CET

Estimated Delivery Date
November, 09 2017 - By End of Day

All pre-orders will receive an email with tracking once shipped.

I used to use rain x, but now I just use regular car wax. Works just as well, though it's a little more work to apply... Except if you're already waxing the car, then it's a trivial amount of time.

I wouldn't wax my windshield/windows as they might leave a film behind.

I would recommend either Gtechniq G1 (best) or Aquapel (better than rainx).

Rainx is better than nothing, but I've read many people get wiper chatter with it. Coming from someone who details their car as a hobby.

Thing with applying G1 is that you have to be careful and really clean up the windshield to get its full benefits/longevity.

For the average person, I would recommend Aquapel for ease of use. It should last about 6 months or more depending on your climate.

You can order Aquapel on Amazon or even Walmart.

http://www.detailedimage.com/GTechniq-M70/G1-ClearVision-Smart-Glass-P867/15-ml-S1/

I wouldn't wax my windshield/windows as they might leave a film behind.

I would recommend either Gtechniq G1 (best) or Aquapel (better than rainx).

Rainx is better than nothing, but I've read many people get wiper chatter with it. Coming from someone who details their car as a hobby.

Thing with applying G1 is that you have to be careful and really clean up the windshield to get its full benefits/longevity.

For the average person, I would recommend Aquapel for ease of use. It should last about 6 months or more depending on your climate.

You can order Aquapel on Amazon or even Walmart.

http://www.detailedimage.com/GTechniq-M70/G1-ClearVision-Smart-Glass-P867/15-ml-S1/
In my experience, using liquid wax on the windshield lasts several months. If you have old crusty wiper blades it can leave streaks but then you don't need the wipers as much either. After buffing the wax off the car and glass, I do have to go back with a clean cloth to finish polishing the glass but that's it. Only takes a few seconds.

I do not recommend using wax on any window that can roll down - the weatherstrip will leave lines that look bad. But it's great for the back glass too, esp on vehicles that don't have a rear wiper.

Back