Street Guardian SG9663DC (DC = Dual Channel)

How would I go about getting a 6M cable. I'm sure the shorter one will not be long enough for my SUV(CUV?).

6 meter cable on the way
For anyone who's ever questioned SG customer service I'd like to point out that only 27 minutes elapsed between these 2 postings. I received the shipping notification 4 or 5 minutes before SG's post. (y)(y)(y)(y)

Just ordered a new vehicle today - Toyota Highlander (Kluger for you folks down there). It's longer on the interior than my current vehicle and I know that 3M will be to short in it.

yeah anything with a tailgate the 6m cable is probably going to be the preferred option

For anyone who's ever questioned SG customer service I'd like to point out that only 27 minutes elapsed between these 2 postings. I received the shipping notification 4 or 5 minutes before SG's post. (y)(y)(y)(y)

I'll have a word with Jon about his tardiness :P

yes we've all been doing a lot of packing at the moment
Did the emails go out for those that registered on the street guardian website? I've been checking my spam folder just in case :)

Regards,

Cj

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Having dealt with Rick, Jon and Niko over the last few years all I can say is only Amazon beats their levels of customer service!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: M83
Did the emails go out for those that registered on the street guardian website? I've been checking my spam folder just in case :)

Regards,

Cj

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

not yet, we're still prepping stock right now

It sucks you guys can't do a location in tampa [emoji14] I'd work weekends to help get stuff out [emoji14]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Received Tracking number Yesterday :-) Thanks for going all out (and most likely not sleeping for 24 hours or more) to get the packages in the mail.
CRS

i'm a little conflicted. I have a Quad Cab Tacoma with short bed.
I don't want to mount it to the rear glass because it's tinted so i'm thinking about making a bracket that's secured above the headliner, but i'm also contemplating installing it on the bumper...

I don't want to mount it to the rear glass because it's tinted so i'm thinking about making a bracket that's secured above the headliner, but i'm also contemplating installing it on the bumper...

The included rear camera is not water proof or meant for external mounting. There should be more options coming for that in the future though.

it will work through tinted glass ok, here pretty much every car has tinted glass, we will be adding some individual controls for front and rear in the firmware later to allow some adjustability also

rear camera is only suitable for internal mounting, we are working on a waterproof external option as well but that won't be available until early next year

it will work through tinted glass ok, here pretty much every car has tinted glass, we will be adding some individual controls for front and rear in the firmware later to allow some adjustability also

rear camera is only suitable for internal mounting, we are working on a waterproof external option as well but that won't be available until early next year
Perhaps if the rear window is super dark tint, you could razor blade out a small cutout of the tint for the lens. You'd never really notice it from the outside. However, these cameras see well though medium tint.

Ok, now the time of delivery is getting nearer, I have a couple of questions regarding the DC...

With regards to the CPL, I see that it can attach one way or be rotated 180 degrees, my question is are the filters set to work a certain way? With other CPL’s I’ve had to rotate them to find the ‘sweet spot’ but with the one included with the DC it looks like it can’t be rotated?

Second question, when I press the emergency record button will it lock the current file or will it record 10 secs before and create a separate file?

Ok, now the time of delivery is getting nearer, I have a couple of questions regarding the DC...

With regards to the CPL, I see that it can attach one way or be rotated 180 degrees, my question is are the filters set to work a certain way? With other CPL’s I’ve had to rotate them to find the ‘sweet spot’ but with the one included with the DC it looks like it can’t be rotated?

Second question, when I press the emergency record button will it lock the current file or will it record 10 secs before and create a separate file?

the CPL is preadjusted, it would work either way but you leave the larger opening facing up (that will make sense once you see it)

if you press the emergency button you will hear a camera shutter sound and the screen will show a full screen icon to indicate you have pressed the save button, it will take a photo front and rear at the time you press the button and save these to the photos folder, at the same time it will save the current video recording segment, if it is in the first half of the current recording it will also save the file prior to the current one, if it's in the second half of the recording it also will save the next file and save these to the RO (read only) folder as per normal

Back