With all the chatter in here, I'm expecting a detailed "how to" install video for the DC as it will be my first ever dashcam. If there are tips/guides on how to position it and focus it with distance markers please let me know as well. Thanks!

With all the chatter in here, I'm expecting a detailed "how to" install video for the DC as it will be my first ever dashcam. If there are tips/guides on how to position it and focus it with distance markers please let me know as well. Thanks!
I am sure there will be a lot of information in this forum soon.

There are plenty of how to install dashcams on youtube its pretty much the same for any camera / brand.
Position center and as high as you can on the windscreen, but do remember to leave a little room so you can slide it off its mount if need be, if you have a dotted area on top of windscreen that's cool as it will hide most of the dashcam then.

No need to focus, dashcams bar one i know off ( lukas ) are fixed focus, so nothing you need to do there.
The main issue i think are making sure your camera are installed on the windscreen in a nice horizontal way, this can be a little tricky if you have to install it off center due to some silly sensor housing there, still the wide angle lens should make sure you record what you need.

I will try to make a install video in my car when i get the DC, but by then a lot of other people should also have gotten theirs, though most of those probably wont be bothered with making a install video.

Only thing i would add is make sure the lense is where the wiper wipes. I had one of mine mounted above that for a while and it doesnt see anything when the windshield gets muddy or covered in sleet or heavy rain.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

YES ! must be in the area covered by wipers.

I am lucky i have that both front and rear on my little car, but due to the flat vertical rear end a lot of dirt get back there, so in winter month i have to use washer and wiper a lot back there.
Actually i have been dreaming if i could get "programmable" washer and wiper, so i could set some interval for wiper to operate at, and then once in a while the washer would add a squirt of water.
But i only have 2 speeds on rear wiper and washer are manual, and i dont that the skill to come up with something though it cant be that complicated.

will I receive a "your item has shipped" notification? I pre-ordeerd from a link on tho website back in September. Hopefully they haven't lost the order.
CRS

will I receive a "your item has shipped" notification? I pre-ordeerd from a link on tho website back in September. Hopefully they haven't lost the order.
CRS

DHL tracking shows USA freight will be arriving in Nevada next week.
“Estimated Delivery Date
November, 09 2017 - By End of Day”
(Often times it arrives 1 day early though so maybe 8th)

I’ll do my best to ship out all USA pre-orders same day if there is enough time left that day.

And yes an email is Always sent confirming shipment along with a tracking link. We even send out a 2nd follow up email once tracking confirms and shows it’s been delivered.

54c4391af0e8.png

9607203f937f.png

011e1e6c75eb.png

99241e40527e.png
Sweet, another good dashcam I don't have a car to put it in. :(

Sweet, another good dashcam I don't have a car to put it in. :(
The car im putting mine into first is worth less than the camera. You could buy a car and a good single channel camera cheaper than this camera :)
To protect your investment, lol

With the hardwire kit not releasing with the camera, is it better to wait to get the Vico-Power Plus when it is ready or it doesnt matter and I should get it with the camera? I want to be able to use the parking mode when/if its ready in the firmware.
Parking mode will work with Vico Power-Plus. Need to wait for special SG hard wire.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Only thing i would add is make sure the lense is where the wiper wipes. I had one of mine mounted above that for a while and it doesnt see anything when the windshield gets muddy or covered in sleet or heavy rain.

b829da34-fa11-43df-bf8d-f336b097cdf2_1.1e1a6c78fccd92b2453cddb878092363.jpeg

I live by this. Hard to get a hold of here, so I have my parents ship me a couple bottles a year.

Once I have the new DC installed in my car, I will try to remember to post a vid when raining to show how good this stuff works.

Last edited:
Parking mode will work with Vico Power-Plus. Need to wait for special SG hard wire.

So then it is ok to get it now with the camera then?

So then it is ok to get it now with the camera then?
Hard wire for parking mode is not ready yet.

Wow! that is one cheap car :D

Yup! I just put $250 of headlights, signal lights and control arms on it, replaced the clutch and every oil seal on the engine last year, gets 50mpg and never breaks down but i doubt i could give the car away. Probably wouldnt either. Its got 465,000km, the engine and transmission are great but the body is rusting out. You can pick up much better ones than mine for $300. Its rusting through everywhere. I just want one last winter in the car though, so many memories and good times in that car its hard to park it.
5b0c25e648c1138659bdd93882e9d7e0.jpg
3a0971f74ff50ae759256b17830e059a.jpg

Not much left of that frame rail^

Did everything with it, even was our wedding car and our honeymoon was a road trip in that car.
31d7916be2c1f09ba222a3bf6fa1e7b9.jpg

Powering the DC via Vico Power Plus will act like the GC does today. You can use the timer function to keep recording a bit longer on demand etc.

You won’t get actual auto parking mode until the new specialized hard wire kit is ready.

I meant the Vico Power-Plus
Yes, I do have Vico Power Plus in stock if needed but it will not work for DC full parking mode function.

With the hardwire kit not releasing with the camera, is it better to wait to get the Vico-Power Plus when it is ready or it doesnt matter and I should get it with the camera? I want to be able to use the parking mode when/if its ready in the firmware.

basic parking mode functions are in the firmware code already but they won't work until the hardwire kit is ready, they won't work with 3rd party hardwire products

Back