the CPL is preadjusted, it would work either way but you leave the larger opening facing up (that will make sense once you see it)

if you press the emergency button you will hear a camera shutter sound and the screen will show a full screen icon to indicate you have pressed the save button, it will take a photo front and rear at the time you press the button and save these to the photos folder, at the same time it will save the current video recording segment, if it is in the first half of the current recording it will also save the file prior to the current one, if it's in the second half of the recording it also will save the next file and save these to the RO (read only) folder as per normal

Perfect, that’s what I wanted to hear. My Thinkware currently records 10 secs previous to the manual record button, sometimes that just isn’t enough.

Sorry, edited as the previous answer Rick gave included my question regarding the CPL.

Proper event handling, with this you can even get dazed from that car plowing into you - find out your right arm are broken and press event button with the left arm, and you will not miss what you need to save.

Old fashioned handling of events are so,,,,,,, well old.

Well, that’s it. Ordered my DC via HINIKO. Have to say, his customer service so far is outstanding! Great comms! Should be here in the next few days. How’s about we start a new ‘SG9663DC owners’ thread ha!

Yeah Nico are on the top of his game for sure. (y)

i'm a little conflicted. I have a Quad Cab Tacoma with short bed.
I don't want to mount it to the rear glass because it's tinted so i'm thinking about making a bracket that's secured above the headliner, but i'm also contemplating installing it on the bumper...
Are you worried about it not seeing through the tint or it wrecking the tint when you remove it?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. I didn't think about the camera being exposed to the elements, doh!

To clarify, it's not the tint and how it will affect the video I'm worried about. It's that if I want to remove it in the future, it will probably mess up the tint. Also the center portion slides open so there goes my OCD of wanting it centered.

Either way, I'll figure something out. I'll look into fashioning a bracket that comes out from the headliner that the camera will be affixed to and will be shaped so that the camera is nearly fish with the glass.

Either way, I'll figure something out. I'll look into fashioning a bracket that comes out from the headliner that the camera will be affixed to and will be shaped so that the camera is nearly fish with the glass.

that's probably the better option

Thanks for the replies. I didn't think about the camera being exposed to the elements, doh!

To clarify, it's not the tint and how it will affect the video I'm worried about. It's that if I want to remove it in the future, it will probably mess up the tint. Also the center portion slides open so there goes my OCD of wanting it centered.

Buy an inexpensive cell phone screen saver ( peels on and off the screen) and cut off a piece that is slightly larger than the size of the double face mounting tape on the rear camera. Attach the screen saver to the tint first, then double face tape the camera mount onto the screen saver . When you want to remove the camera, peel off the screen saver from the window tint. I've read where people have had success with this technique....saving the window tint from damage.

Buy an inexpensive cell phone screen saver ( peels on and off the screen) and cut off a piece that is slightly larger than the size of the double face mounting tape on the rear camera. Attach the screen saver to the tint first, then double face tape the camera mount onto the screen saver . When you want to remove the camera, peel off the screen saver from the window tint. I've read where people have had success with this technique....saving the window tint from damage.

That is a great idea! I actually have some that's specifically for this reason. I bought some small metal plates from Spigen for a magnet mount and it came with those films to attach to the phone or case first, then the double tape. I never used them and still have it in a drawer somewhere.

USPS says i will get delivery today!!!

Just got mine in the mail >:)
8eb21e43e5c089855c837ea128ad9a94.jpg

Mine's here too. Going to be a bit before it goes into a vehicle though. Just removed the cams from my current vehicle 'cause my new one is coming in today or tomorrow and then I'm out of town until midweek. :(

Yea i probably won't be able to do mine until Saturday. One is for my mom, one is mine and my sg9665gc is going to my gf

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

...One is for my mom, one is mine and my sg9665gc is going to my gf...
Come next week I'll have 3 GC's and 2 A118C's that will be looking for new 'employment'. A couple will likely go to side cam duties.

I'd put a couple in my wife's car as side cams but she has a 4 door sedan with no immovable windows so that will be a problem - that and she's not real happy about the current front and rear cams so it's not likely she'd be pleased about 2 more. :grumpy:

if it's factory "tint" which toyota calls "privacy glass" then you don't have to worry about the adhesive messing it up - the tint is actually embedded in the glass - it's a dye they mixed in while the glass was still molten.

as for mounting it above the sliding section, i did exactly that in my 05 extra cab tacoma - made the bracket out of an old door striker plate (from the house). worked perfect, even though i almost never opened the window. try searching for "ch-100b tacoma" and see if you can find my photos. they're on here somewhere.

edit: here ya go - https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/ch-100b-video-review.15063/#post-237707

Last edited:
Is there a suction cup mount I could use for rental cars, etc? Thank you for including two mounts for the front camera though, I will swap the front camera between cars.

edit: What is the red shoehorn looking thing?

Is there a suction cup mount I could use for rental cars, etc? Thank you for including two mounts for the front camera though, I will swap the front camera between cars.

edit: What is the red shoehorn looking thing?

A dual channel system isn't very ideal to move from car to car especially if you plan to tuck the wires in for a pro install.

You could however just use the front camera for a rental car. (and take advantage of the 60FPS single channel mode)

There is a suction cup mount option coming soon that will work with SG9665GC/SGGCX2 (and should work with SG9663DC)

Red "Shehorn" Trim Tool Crowbar "thing" helps you push wires into the car's plastic trim etc

Last edited:
Back