post updates please and vids
Shipped yesterday around noon and recieved this morning at 9:30! Hope to install tonight, we will see.
4a077db7403bb3f04ab2db758e68c2de.jpg
e1c916a38669d1eb091a7158a222b2a4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Shipped yesterday around noon and recieved this morning at 9:30! Hope to install tonight, we will see.
4a077db7403bb3f04ab2db758e68c2de.jpg
e1c916a38669d1eb091a7158a222b2a4.jpg

"Purolator PIN"? So it's some kind of filter? With extra security features so nobody will steal the filter?

PU_Oil_filter_Purolator_01.jpg

so when i googled to find that image, the first hit was the canadian shipping company. kinda strange that they'd choose a name that sounds like "later" - usually shipping should be "sooner". :p i've always interpreted the filter brand name to be "pure oil later", which is really easy to say when you consider that a lot of southerners like me pronounce "oil" very similar to the middle word in "good ol' boys". and now that i think about it, i think they used to have TV ads that said something like "pure oil now, pure oil later"

Last edited:
Just looking through the quick start guide and noticed the temp rating of -10 to +60c.
What issues might be expected from using it in colder temperatures?

Just looking through the quick start guide and noticed the temp rating of -10 to +60c.
What issues might be expected from using it in colder temperatures?

That’s only because that’s what the Novatek CPU and or Sony Sensor is officially rated for on their own. (Factory specs)

Just like the SG9665GC, real world extremes and chamber tests are far better than that.

"Purolator PIN"? So it's some kind of filter? With extra security features so nobody will steal the filter?

PU_Oil_filter_Purolator_01.jpg

so when i googled to find that image, the first hit was the canadian shipping company. kinda strange that they'd choose a name that sounds like "later" - usually shipping should be "sooner". [emoji14] i've always interpreted the filter brand name to be "pure oil later", which is really easy to say when you consider that a lot of southerners like me pronounce "oil" very similar to the middle word in "good ol' boys". and now that i think about it, i think they used to have TV ads that said something like "pure oil now, pure oil later"
Well it started as trans canada couriers, got bought out by the purolator filter company, then went to Canada post ownership but kept the name. Lots of jokes about purolator. I think all the drivers use the comeback 'better late than never like ups' even though they are partners with ups...

That’s only because that’s what the Novatek CPU and or Sony Sensor is officially rated for on their own. (Factory specs)

Just like the SG9665GC, real world extremes and chamber tests are far better than that.
Good. So it should work just as well as my other capacitor powered dashcam in -30 or -40c right? Thats kind of what i assumed when i bought it, lol.
Are you able to tell us what temperatures it was tested to and still functioned or no?

I don’t have that info but the SG9665GC has been good for years now in Canada Russia for example. I anticipate the same but having said that official specs need to show what the Actual components used are rated for. (Weakest link)

Mine arrived today!!!!!! Woohoo! Just need to install it. Thanks @niko for the excellent customer service

I don’t have that info but the SG9665GC has been good for years now in Canada Russia for example. I anticipate the same but having said that official specs need to show what the Actual components used are rated for. (Weakest link)
Ok, cool. Should be fine, we will both find out if its not! :)
Battery powered dashcams and cold dont mix, neither do cheap suction cup mounts and cold. This camera has neither so thats a bonus.

Good. So it should work just as well as my other capacitor powered dashcam in -30 or -40c right? Thats kind of what i assumed when i bought it, lol.
Are you able to tell us what temperatures it was tested to and still functioned or no?

You can count on the warranty if there ever is any problems with the camera due to the cold weather.

I have 12RC and love it. Was hoping to get new vehicle and a DC but it's hard to resist. What would be price for Canada shipping to Ontario and do we get loyalty discount ? [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Shout out for the nice packaging and the very generous assortment of goodies that are included.
CRS

Here is a photoshoot I just did, the white removal string got washed out so need to photoshop one with it on top of the microfiber bag (see the second image)

We'll have all accessories numbered with nice descriptions soon.

upload_2017-11-10_11-58-30.png

upload_2017-11-10_12-0-7.png

I have 12RC and love it. Was hoping to get new vehicle and a DC but it's hard to resist. What would be price for Canada shipping to Ontario and do we get loyalty discount ? [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Hello,

We offer free shipping, and I'll PM you to see what we can do for a discount.

Back