Even with all the requests by their 'service advisor' to make myself comfortable inside the customers lounge, I insist on being near the car. The service technicians don't seem to mind me picking their brains. Not that any of the authorised service centres have denied entry inside the servicing area, but if one ever does, I'll just take my business to a different one.

This is what a paid service looks like at an authorised centre. Before tax, half of it is labour

View attachment 35814

Labour is ridiculously cheap here. For example, one can get a carpenter or plumber for under $10 on a daily wage basis. FNG's (friendly neighbourhood garages) will service at 1/4th of what I paid towards labour costs, and no tax.

that's about half what the same service here would cost

A Danish mechanic cost you 500 Dkkr / h, thats 82 USD / hour.

Street Guardian SG9663DC ( -7°C )

Street Guardian SG9663DC ( -7°C )

gee, why is the video shaking? it's not like it's cold or anything... :D

we just had several days of below freezing here in Houston: low 16f, high 28f for 2 days straight (that's -9c to -2c), which is very unusual. i noticed that the windshield in front of my a119 was not frozen like the rest of it, because parking mode was keeping the camera warm and thus thawing the glass in a small circle just slightly bigger than the camera. unfortunately not low enough for the lens to see very much, but still interesting to see.

of course yesterday it was 75f (24c) and about 40 billion% humidity... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtz
Say the guy with a avatar that have its crotch on fire :giggle:

Aaa yes those long summer nights on the gulf, i have heard about those
A little Bourbon and waking up butt naked in a dune on padre island with a splitting headache and a big hole in the memory.

Last edited:
Aaa yes those long summer nights on the gulf, i have heard about those
A little Bourbon and waking up butt naked in a dune on padre island with a splitting headache and a big hole in the memory.
Haven't had any of those kind of nights... When I was a kid my brother and I would ride our bikes down to the sea wall and go fishing. Those were the days...

-17 that's more like it, please keep those temperatures.

Oh, ive used mine in -30c and it operated. I never checked the videos though so i didnt say anything.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

-17C? Try -17 F like we had recently.

I do not want to say it has been cold out but the cat instead of going outside used the cat pan for the first time since last winter for 2 weeks in a row.

This was a fun winter drive i just had last night. I still suck at editing but there is night footage with streetlights in blowing snow. Front and rear cam. This shows what you see in my car from turning the rear camera foreward. Its overexposed from the blowing snow but normally it works very well. Still on the first firmware version.

You want it to point forward instead of backward? I haven’t seen that done yet. There will be more rear plugin camera options out eventually for various alternative installations. We’ll be testing some of them soon.
Havent had much time to review footage since i installed the camera unfortunatly. Took me a while also to install my rear camera. Rear cam appears to work so far. What are others doing to point the rear cam foreward on a hatchback? I dont want to put screws into the roof when i move this to my nicer car.

we have some other rear camera options coming that would be more suited to this type of use (same CMOS and lens, different housing) which will give you a lot more flexibility with how you can mount it
Here is what the footage looks like having the camera where i mounted it.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/index.php?posts/388897
This is my back window... [emoji14] i have a hard enough time just keeping the front one clean enough. I mounted my front camera as high up as i could with the wipers clearing the area in front of it but when its snowing hard and im driving slow the heater cant keep the window hot enough and the wipers arent quite pressing hard enough at the tip so i get ice buildup in front of the camera some days.... :/
aa0a47f35703aaada3ce5cb2db4b3682.jpg

This was a fun winter drive i just had last night. I still suck at editing but there is night footage with streetlights in blowing snow. Front and rear cam. This shows what you see in my car from turning the rear camera foreward. Its overexposed from the blowing snow but normally it works very well. Still on the first firmware version.

Thanks for reminding me why I put up with the heat in the summer every year. :p

As mentioned earlier, Wi-Fi in SG9663DC not officially announced,
but the manufacturer has included it in the menu, while only for using the test mode...
This is how it looks from a third-party app for Android ( http://bit.ly/2nUm40Y )
You can enable Wi - Fi without going to the menu, short press
on the power button enables this feature (also disables).

Last edited:
Back