Nice
Do you have any specs or is it top secret? :)

Jokin is personally testing it on the worlds first hyper-sonic motorcycle. It needs a bit of tweaking because the vids go backwards after he exceeds the speed of light :LOL:

(Just kidding of course) ;)
Phil

Aaaa so that's why NORADS track of Santa was so weird this year, probably jokiin they picked up instead.

Wonder if we can get CCTV grade defog feature in dashcams ?

EDIT: like that flashy cell tower or what it is (y)

New owner of an SG9663DC.
I'm learning that we are waiting for a 1Q2018 release of the hardwire kit. That leads me to wonder what the "Motion" sensor setting is used for? Since the Dashcam only turns on when the vehicle is turned on, what does "Motion" sensor setting do? It already had collision detection to save video in case of being hit.

we may implement that as part of the parking function as a user option, something that still needs to be determined

Thank you for the reply jokiin

no problem, taking a guess (going by your user name and avatar) that we just got your online warranty registration which is good as we will send notification to owners once the hardwiring kit is available

no problem, taking a guess (going by your user name and avatar) that we just got your online warranty registration which is good as we will send notification to owners once the hardwiring kit is available

That was me alright!! Thanks again!

Havent had much time to review footage since i installed the camera unfortunatly. Took me a while also to install my rear camera. Rear cam appears to work so far. What are others doing to point the rear cam foreward on a hatchback? I dont want to put screws into the roof when i move this to my nicer car.
fcbadd08b21674fab968e7d89db0ba8e.jpg
d26d1360ba09ee5080ddadaf7aeb7ed0.jpg
ac3ea4a07f7d4136a3765e00b24c1dff.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mtz
You want it to point forward instead of backward? I haven’t seen that done yet. There will be more rear plugin camera options out eventually for various alternative installations. We’ll be testing some of them soon.

You want it to point forward instead of backward? I haven’t seen that done yet. There will be more rear plugin camera options out eventually for various alternative installations. We’ll be testing some of them soon.
Good to hear!
Yes i do, i thought that was more common. My rear wiper doesnt work so in the winter the back window is either covered in snow, ice or salty mud and since i dont drive in the daylight i think all you would see is headlights. I could try to clean it every day but i know i wouldnt.
In the spring ill switch this to my other hatchback but it will be towing a trailer until october so nothing to see back there.
If i were to have an accident i think i wouod find it much more interesting to see what i was doing, how i reacted and all that. There is quite a good view of the front and i was suprised at how well you could see the road and out the windows at night from the rear cam facing foreward. I only checked it once though, ill check again and maybe upload a video.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Havent had much time to review footage since i installed the camera unfortunatly. Took me a while also to install my rear camera. Rear cam appears to work so far. What are others doing to point the rear cam foreward on a hatchback? I dont want to put screws into the roof when i move this to my nicer car.

we have some other rear camera options coming that would be more suited to this type of use (same CMOS and lens, different housing) which will give you a lot more flexibility with how you can mount it

I updated the DC to the latest firmware a couple of days ago and love that the startup sound is off when you turn the beep setting to off, however now whenever I press the OK/LOCK button to lock a file, the shutter sound is played.
Is there a way to turn this back off because on the previous firmware I could press it silently and the video wouldn't have the loud shutter sound captured.

Back