Some one should tell reviewer bout up and coming hard wire kit and parking functionality, and that a player along with wifi APP are being worked on as i assume.

It's been over 6 months waiting for the SGDCHW, cmon...

How much current does this dashcam draw at 5V while recording both channels? Or you can quote 12V and current, looking for Watts.

I'll have to check how much it draws in parking mode, not something I know off the top of my head
If it's different in parking mode compared to driving mode, would like to know both numbers please, thank you!

If it's different in parking mode compared to driving mode, would like to know both numbers please, thank you!

measured it today, it was 290mAh running, 230mAh when parked, I'm using a test power supply which is not the final version so it's possible those numbers might change

measured it today, it was 290mAh running, 230mAh when parked, I'm using a test power supply which is not the final version so it's possible those numbers might change
At what voltage, 12V or 5V?

Both cameras connected?

How come it's not sold without the microSD card? I don't like sandisk, I prefer samsung.

How come it's not sold without the microSD card? I don't like sandisk, I prefer samsung.

As of today, North America Street Guardian dashcam bundles are sold with Samsung EVO U3 Cards. U3 is as good or better than high endurance.

If someone already has a known good quality card (qualified through us case by case) USA customers can contact us for a special hidden private listing link to buy a No-Card version.

We want to avoid people using underperforming, poor quality, budget and or questionably sourced cards.

I don't think Street Guardian has ever been sold with SanDisk cards, because SanDisk doesn't have a good track record in dashcams, not to mention SanDisk voids the warranty (for all their cards except high endurance) if it's used in one. But as far as I know, Street Guardian has shipped with brands like transcend, Samsung, or some others, but never SanDisk in my memory. @jokiin or @Street Guardian USA can confirm or correct me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: Mtz
I don't think Street Guardian has ever been sold with SanDisk cards, because SanDisk doesn't have a good track record in dashcams, not to mention SanDisk voids the warranty (for all their cards except high endurance) if it's used in one. But as far as I know, Street Guardian has shipped with brands like transcend, Samsung, or some others, but never SanDisk in my memory. @jokiin or @Street Guardian USA can confirm or correct me if I'm wrong.

we do use SanDisk High Endurance cards already, they're very good cards, no issue there, the entry level red/grey SanDisk cards are the problem ones you should never use in a dashcam

Is it my model, or the video quality of the front camera is grainer than the rear one?

Back