Actually it's been proven that doing that $49.99 type of pricing actually works. It's psychological. The brain says "it's less than 50 dollars!" and it gets the edge over something that IS 50 dollars. And for impulse shoppers, sometimes all you need is that edge
That's one reason (maybe the only one) why for many years K-Mart priced everything at $xx.97 - it's less than $xx.99 or $xx.98 which is what most other retailers were pricing products at.

Actually it's been proven that doing that $49.99 type of pricing actually works. It's psychological. The brain says "it's less than 50 dollars!" and it gets the edge over something that IS 50 dollars. And for impulse shoppers, sometimes all you need is that edge
Most people never stop to do the math :confused:

Most people never stop to do the math :confused:
Yeah I had a laugh at the prices of ramen at one grocery store...

1x ramen $0.20
6x ramen $1.07
12x ramen $2.50
24x ramen $5.50

Yes, it was the same size and brand per packet, they just priced the bulk packs higher since most people assume the bulk packs should be cheaper.

O yeah shopping are now down to a actual science, everything from store layout to the muzak playing are tuned in order to get you to spend more money.

I must say i always said commercials and what not do not work on me, but i fear that might just be me whishing that's the case.
Actually many things hyped like fruit company products and the latest Samsung gadget, i tend to frown upon those.
The plentiful beer commercials dont even work on me, i dont do the stuff, and while if i buy a cola its often a coke then i do enjoy a pepsi just as much, but my favorite soft drink are the sugar free faxe kondi,,, but its far from what i buy all the time cuz i like to mix it up also on the soft drink front.

really i tend to dislike all forms of brand whoring, i cant mention one brand or other thing that's just been it and always will be, so my advise is keep your options open and dont be sheeple.

Probably my least favorite TV ads are the ones telling you to call some toll free number, supplies are limited. Call now! Only (12 easy payments of) 69.95, plus shipping and handling! Call in the next 5 minutes and reduce this useless trinket absolutely free!

Especially since they have no idea when the ad will play other than a multi-hour bracket some time during the day.

Least favorite ads? Number 1 on my list (and probably #2 and #3 as well) are attorneys.

"Have you been declined for government benefits? We'll get them for you (whether you deserve them or not). Call now!!! No fee unless you win (pay from your tax funded benefit check)."

I needed some brackets at work today. These are used in pairs only, never singly ;) The store sold packs of 2, or you could get a batter price per unit for 7 brackets. but you can use only 6 of them and the bulk price was over 3 times the pair price. Since you can't use the 7th bracket you're throwing money away along with the useless bracket with their 'bargain deal' :p Gotta wonder how many people fall for that :eek:

Phil

No sorry, some of the beta testers are getting samples mid next week
How long do they test before the camera is released to us typically?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

It should be fairly short, a couple of weeks or so are my guess, SG tend to have their shi,,, stuff together compared to others that might rush it.
So the testers will just be looking for what ever may have slipped thru the cracks.

When i cranked my car today the dashbord temperature said 28 degrees :) so climbing all over my friends house putting up IP cameras was a outright pleasure.
Half way there ( most cams put up and power wires drawn ) now we just need the last cameras the NVR and a lot of network cable to arrive in Denmark.

I think my pinnacle studio software have some build in music you can add but i have never tried it, and also youtube have stuff you can add after you uploaded it.

Back