What happens when you cross the borders?
Do you have to change your tint to match the new regulations?
As far as i know your ok if you have valid plates from a state where its fine.
Here there is zero tint allowed on windshield or front 2 windows. Anything goes on the back. And it does get enforced if you get pulled over for something else.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Here you can tint as much as you like, but only on rear window and rear door glass, front door glass and windscreen are a big no - no for any degree of tint as i recall.

Really funny cuz getting a license you are ( or was when i got it ) taught to look over your shoulder when making right turn or pulling out to overtake, but how can you see much when windows back there are 90% tint ?????

Dont look over your shoulder during driving test and you fail.

Denmark :rolleyes::cautious:

FYI tint numbers are backwards from what you'd expect. it's amount of light transmission that it allows. so 90% tint (which i've never heard of) would basically be just a dirty window. 50% is about the lightest you can buy anywhere. 20-35% is typical of the factory "tint" or "privacy glass" on the rear of many cars. 20% is what many shops install on the back window when there was no tint to begin with, and 5% is considered "limo" tint.

as for looking over your shoulder - you do the same thing as someone driving a cargo van or box truck or whatever - use your blind spot mirrors, and pay closer attention to what's going on around you to maintain a mental picture of where vehicles are immediately around you. no, it's not easy, but it's not too bad once you get used to it.

Last edited:
:D just go to prove how much i ever considered this for myself.

Yeah off course in the big vehicles you cant look over your shoulder, there you are encouraged to use the mirrors a lot, and actually for the big rigs if you dont use the mirrors a lot you will fail the driving test, just the opposite of the regular car driving test.

Was no problem for me, the teacher on the C class license course dident even have to tell me once, to me it was pretty self evident so i just did it.

or you can find a shady shop who'll look the other way. :rolleyes:

That;s why SC dropped annual vehicle inspections. Everybody knew where to go to get a sticker so that's where everyone went, even when they knew their car could pass. Now the fines for improper equipment are higher so the government makes more money with less paperwork involved :p

Phil

Same here with the mandatory biannual inspections, and even with people traveling around doing nothing but inspecting those places, then you still get a lot of wrecks driving around.

My money are on K.I.S.S and you can easy run a modern western industrialized country by that, there are just little interest in that as there are more money in circumventing laws and paperwork, and that in turn open up for some really shady people that pull billions out of that system, and even if it is found out you will at best get a few millions back.

I just wish more people knew

FYI tint numbers are backwards from what you'd expect. it's amount of light transmission that it allows. so 90% tint (which i've never heard of) would basically be just a dirty window. 50% is about the lightest you can buy anywhere. 20-35% is typical of the factory "tint" or "privacy glass" on the rear of many cars. 20% is what many shops install on the back window when there was no tint to begin with, and 5% is considered "limo" tint.

as for looking over your shoulder - you do the same thing as someone driving a cargo van or box truck or whatever - use your blind spot mirrors, and pay closer attention to what's going on around you to maintain a mental picture of where vehicles are immediately around you. no, it's not easy, but it's not too bad once you get used to it.

There is an 80% "clear" tint available that's mainly marketed for front windshield and roof for those panoramic/glass roof cars.
I prefer to have a light to dark fade on my tint so I went with 35% front windows and 35% rear only because my truck came with factory privacy glass which means the glass is dipped, but not has no heat rejecting properties so the additional film along with the privacy glass makes it look like a 25% tint.
I'd like to think because i keep it classy, the front windows are lighter than the rear and i'm not an asshole driver I have yet to be pulled over for a tint citation.
I also have the 80% on the windshield and you cannot tell it's tinted.. It's the best thing I did to my truck. When the sun is shining directly at me in the afternoon heat I do not feel a thing. The AC also works better in that it cools quicker.

I just hope the rear cam performs well enough with the tint. Maybe adjusting the white balance will help a little.. compare change between day/night times.

There is an 80% "clear" tint available that's mainly marketed for front windshield and roof for those panoramic/glass roof cars.
I prefer to have a light to dark fade on my tint so I went with 35% front windows and 35% rear only because my truck came with factory privacy glass which means the glass is dipped, but not has no heat rejecting properties so the additional film along with the privacy glass makes it look like a 25% tint.
I'd like to think because i keep it classy, the front windows are lighter than the rear and i'm not an asshole driver I have yet to be pulled over for a tint citation.
I also have the 80% on the windshield and you cannot tell it's tinted.. It's the best thing I did to my truck. When the sun is shining directly at me in the afternoon heat I do not feel a thing. The AC also works better in that it cools quicker.

I just hope the rear cam performs well enough with the tint. Maybe adjusting the white balance will help a little.. compare change between day/night times.
Someone here posted a video of their camera (with polarizing filter) looking through their tinted front window. It had a huge horrible rainbow moire pattern that obscured a lot of detail. Just something to be aware of when putting a camera behind tint film.

So what am I going to need to power this? My current fuse tapped hardwired kit I’m using for my 9665 won’t work?

So what am I going to need to power this? My current fuse tapped hardwired kit I’m using for my 9665 won’t work?

The mini USB plug that powers your SG9665GC will Power the SG9663DC.

SG9665GC port is on the top so a straight cable is included/usually preferred

SG9663DC port is on the side so a 90 degree plug is included/preferred.

GC straight cable will stick out a bit more if plugged into the side of the DC. If that doesn’t bother you go for it.

You can cut the cig plug off the included DC power adapter if you want to hard wire that to have a 90 degree plug.

Reactions: M83
Cell power CPUSB01.
That will power it fine, doesn't have the the right angle plug though so not quite as neat, cutting the cig plug off the included power supply is always an option if you want to make it neater

We will have some specific hardwire options with the right angle plug coming but those aren't quite ready yet

SG9663DC port is on the side so a 90 degree plug is included/preferred.

GC straight cable will stick out a bit more if plugged into the side of the DC. If that doesn’t bother you go for it.
You could use the straight GC cable with a 90deg adapter on the end.

On the subject of compatibility between the GC and DC - if I were to want to run each side-by-side could I use a 'Y' splitter to share a single GPS unit between the 2 cameras?

Wouldn't work for this model, adding an adapter adds a potential point of failure and is best avoided anyway
OK, good to know, thanks.

Back