Many of the early GoPro commercials let customers assume the video being watched was from the camera when it wasn't at all.

Is the Street Guardian logo in the bottom left corner part of the text overlay? I like it.

That's pretty amazing, wow. I imagine this is the only camera in the market that does 1080p30 on both channels with such bitrate?
Something about this upcoming camera sounded very familiar to me but I couldn't quite place it until I realized I was thinking about the Lucas QVIA R975WD 2 channel dash cam that uses the same Sony Exmor R IMX291 and Exmor IMX322 sensors in the front and rear cams.

I think the
SG9663DC may turn out to be the more practical, straightforward and better executed solution without all the bells & whistles that many of us probably don't want or need and probably more stealthy as well. 5V vs 9-24V is a plus right out of the gate.
The DC appears to be performing at least as well as the QVIA R795WD in terms of dynamic range and detail. I expect the higher bitrate has something to do with this. Firmware evolution from the GC will be a big factor too.
DC
Front 1080p30 15mbps
Rear 1080p30 15mbps

R795WD
Front 1080p30 11-12mbps
Rear 1080p24 6-7mbps

Last edited:
@alexsoll

You need a dashmat and go grey for reflection absorption............. A CPL is handy but a cop out if you don't get the basics correct like reflections from a clean windscreen inside and out around the FOV of the camera

They used Red cinema cameras to film the early GoPro commercials
i always wondered that, because back when gopro was starting to get popular and they had suddenly been advertising a lot, the video quality always looked so much better. I always assumed it was bull**** or post processed somehow.

was their at least warnings in small text saying it wasn't from a gopro?

BTW, I wasn't saying it was fake...I was saying it looked so good I can't believe it is a dash cam.

So an obvious question: When is this going to be out?

Production is scheduled for next month
when next month? what happens if something is found by testers in the mean time that requires a slight change?

Is it possible to adjust the contrast and other image settings for front and rear independently?

A lot of cars (including mine) have tinted rear windows.

Back