Street Guardian SGZC12RC Remote Lens, Sony Exmor IMX322, WDR

While we await the courier companies to be late with shipments, what do you guys think will be the most stealth way to front mount the camera for the X1? Is mounting to the stem of the rear view mirror more stealth than sticking on the windshield? I'm thinking it's small size might blend in with the mirror better.

While we await the courier companies to be late with shipments, what do you guys think will be the most stealth way to front mount the camera for the X1? Is mounting to the stem of the rear view mirror more stealth than sticking on the windshield? I'm thinking it's small size might blend in with the mirror better.

It depends how tall your windshield wiper blades are. You want to have the lens in the clear/clean sweep area. You can buy longer wiper blades if needed as well.

Never thought of that - I'm such a newb. Assume that they are in the clean sweep, what are your thoughts about maximizing stealth?

Never thought of that - I'm such a newb. Assume that they are in the clean sweep, what are your thoughts about maximizing stealth?
mount as high as possible just at the bottom of the black spots to when you look at the video it records you can see the black spots in the video and part of the sky. that's what ive pretty much done.

It depends how tall your windshield wiper blades are. You want to have the lens in the clear/clean sweep area. You can buy longer wiper blades if needed as well.

I can't wait for mine to arrive. How close to the windshield should it be? Does it really matter, with regard to glare and distortion?

I don't intend to mount it to the windshield. I intend to mount it to the bracket above, if possible.

On the first page of the thread, Niko had shown it mounted "on" the rear view mounting bracket. I am wondering if the X1 could ever work with a bracket similar to this one with a bit of DYI or finding a suitable bracket.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 33
The x1 and X2 rear camera seem to mount in a cylinder, so it should be possibel to DIY sommthing useable for out of the ordenary mounts.
Just need to be solid so there is no vibrations in the mount.

Is there a flat plate that can be purchased that can mount to the connector on the eBay example I showed? With that I could stick the cylinder mount for X1 on it. I could always grind that connector off to make it flat but not sure if the angle would work out.

Last edited:
been on the phone to them, half our delivery just arrived, they're in the second half, very annoying seeing as how I have things to do but have had to hang around waiting as nobody else here today, wouldn't have minded so much if they all actually arrived
any news on other half yet??

did it arrive today? if not did you call, what's their excuse?

Wow wozzzza you sure are excited to get your X1 :) @jokiin is super efficient at anything and everything he does, so I know you'll get it as soon as humanly possible.

I was expecting our USA shipment to arrive today (Monday) but status still shows it left the midwest with no new west coast updates. I'll call in the morning to check what the ETA is.

Last edited:
Wow wozzzza you sure are excited to get your X1 :) @jokiin is super efficient at anything and everything he does, so I know you'll get it as soon as humanly possible.
I sure am, cant wait to get a decent camera and get rid of this blackspew.
and yeah jokiin very efficient, replies to posts sometimes about 1 second after I post, as if he is standing next to me and see what I write and has already started his reply before I finish mine.

Back