Street Guardian SGZC12RC Remote Lens, Sony Exmor IMX322, WDR

Turns out 5 mins after my last post the tracking updates to "processed through sort facility" so hopefully it should arrive soon.

Anyone else in the UK/EU should order from @niko for sure. (for Panorama / Street Guardian needs)

Niko/Jon
One thing I noticed was that the power cable I got was not 90 degree angled as per the production photos you posted. What's up with that?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 27
Niko/Jon
One thing I noticed was that the power cable I got was not 90 degree angled as per the production photos you posted. What's up with that?

I was meaning to write about this, thanks for the post. That photo was of the sample. There was a disconnect with our factory/shippers. We are looking to get the lower profile L connector power cords in the next shipment. If we can find L connector microUSB cables it will be even better. (since both need to be L to reduce any width)

Was wondering, if you put the monitor unit into the glove box and keep it there at all times, could it eventually overheat? Does it get hot at all?

Niko/Jon

I do believe Jon will sort out cigarette charger with L-shape for you.
Pictures are from my DIY painted prototype set as per thread earlier post ( you can see even top on/off button is painted ).

The actual factory supplied basic set looks like this:

SG X1 Basic (2).JPG

SG X1 Basic (3).JPG

For EU market I am offering two different set:

- a basic set ( cheaper )
- and with extra accessories ( extra cost ): incl. L-shape cig.lighter charger, additional 1.5m video cable extension and other accessories.

Also can supply 6 metre video cable for those who want to mount camera in rear widnows.
At the moment I am looking to test L-shape video cables adapters. After all tested / confirmed, then can offer those as well.

a6.jpg

32Gb w Extras.jpg

1.5 metre video extension cable (2).jpg

1.5 metre video extension cable (1).jpg

P.S. - I know many would like to buy "fully loaded" with all possible accessories, but for that you would need to wait another 1-2 month before we would able to finish sourcing out additional accessories and fully test them to be compatible, but because many people wanted to get product asap, thats why decision was made to start with basic set and later offering step by step accessories we find and confirm to be compatible and working flawlessly with this system. Hope for understanding and thanks for patience.

here is a video of the x1 with the lens from x2. the focus of the x2 lens was off, so i adjusted it a bit.

While we wait for the L- shape micro USB cables, I found this adaptor which fits great for the main unit, albeit a little big but not bad. I have not plugged it in yet though with power but it is labelled as not OTG. For $3, worth a try.

image.jpg image.jpg

To the new owners of SG X1: congratulation on your purchase and no problems for many years of use.
When you will have some time to spend, could you post some day&night videos ? Thank you.

We just did a photoshoot of the SGZC12RC (X1) and SG9665GC tonight. Here are a few X1 photo samples post photoshop.

wS0zKdy.png

ACNIzVA.png

bsJR8bc.png

fsIgtjc.png

HP2JcVe.png

GfGrCls.png

Last edited:
To the new owners of SG X1: congratulation on your purchase and no problems for many years of use.
When you will have some time to spend, could you post some day&night videos ? Thank you.

I have prepared extensive test of SG SGZC12RC ( X1 ) and SG9665GC, day, night, evening etc. along with raw / original video files download. Even put them on side by side test .Will post soon.

Thank you very very much Jon and Niko!

the X1 has outstanding night time footage, blows the blackspews i have out of the water. on a low lit street the blackspew is almost a complete black screen while the X1 see just about everything.

@Martin Gravel , Thanks just ordered some of those adapter to give it a try. Like Niko said we'll be sourcing better USB/power cables/adapters as we find them.

I have an extension cable coming which might work on the camera end. Will let you know when it comes.

here is a video of the x1 with the lens from x2. the focus of the x2 lens was off, so i adjusted it a bit
What's the verdict please mate? The videos I've seen suggest the X1 is a slightly darker lens than the X2 front lens but brighter than the rear- how do you feel using the X2 lens on the X1 - much difference?

What's the verdict please mate? The videos I've seen suggest the X1 is a slightly darker lens than the X2 front lens but brighter than the rear- how do you feel using the X2 lens on the X1 - much difference?
I like the x2 lens better than the x1 lens. Only because is has smaller angle, which makes the image sharper. Yes , i think the x1 lens is brighter than the x2 rear lens. I was actually thinking to get the x2 front lens and put it on the x1, it is just two screws., to see how it is. I like beter using the x2 lens with the x1.

I will make a video with x2 using the x1 lens and post it.

Actually, i have already video of the x2 using the x1 lens, but it is from the rear windshield. Just have to get the sf catd out of it and ill post it.

her is a video of panorama x2 rear, using lens from panorama x1,and video of panorama x2 main unit, mounted on the rear windshield. it is a SUV so the windshield is factory tinted.

Back