Street Guardian SGZC12RC Remote Lens, Sony Exmor IMX322, WDR

One thing I would like to see in a future firmware update is the ability to change the start up tone to a simple beep.

It's nice that I can hear it start up as the recorder is hidden but the jingle is a bit annoying, especially as every single person that gets in the car asks what it is. I then have the same conversation every time about where I got it, how much it was, how it was to fit, why I bothered with a camera, have I recorded anything juicy.....

I feel a simple beep would go unnoticed as the car beeps for other things anyway.

if you hardwire with a battery discharge prevention device, you rarely have to hear it except when your car has been sitting for a while and actually shuts down the X1.

extra LONG microUSB cables are now in stock ! If you already ordered an X1 are are missing the cable please PM or email me. I checked in with most of my customers but wanted to post here as well for new shoppers waiting.

Is there any ETA on the model with external GPS. I plan to place the unit where it will be hard for it to get a proper signal.

Such a tease. I guess you don't recommend because of warranty but if I wanted to do it, how would this be done?

All right. Perhaps a future upgrade is the ability to remove from the holder. Seems a tad limiting, especially if you want to move or switch cameras from spots in a car or other cars.

one of the issues I have as well, cant remove from mount.

Of course you can, just unscrew the ring next to the clear mount and it slides right out.
Have to be careful, those things are thin and can easily brake if apply too much force.
P.S. Any DIY may void warranty of whole set. Act on your own risk !

@Martin Gravel : maybe is better to use some black self-adhesive tape or an permanent black marker.

In order to use both a front and rear camera do I have to buy two complete X1 packages? If so, any future plans on making the control module support two cameras?

In order to use both a front and rear camera do I have to buy two complete X1 packages? If so, any future plans on making the control module support two cameras?

Correct the X1 is a single channel DashCam. You can have a dual channel setup if you get two, it will be 2 independent X1 systems. Redundancy is a bonus.

Hi. I noticed that there is a led near the lens. Is it blinking during recording and can it be turned off? I ask this because is OK to blink during driving but not OK during parking (if using the motion detection) since will attract attention on the camera. Thanks!

Back