Street Guardian SGZC12RC Remote Lens, Sony Exmor IMX322, WDR

Street Guardian SGZC12RC / Panorama X1 Night Dublin City Centre streets driving.

Raw / original files can be downloaded from HERE

Compilation video

Rest video below are full length, but there are a lot of stop'n'go due to city centre traffic, however who want to get to know how some Dublin streets looks like at night, you are welcome to watch full length ;)

Looking very good - have you had a new windscreen in that one mate as I'm noticing zero blemishes on there? Maybe it's just because the X1 camera is so close to the glass they're out of focus.

The X2 front camera does seem to be better image quality wise though at night than the X1 - saying that I'm back down at low brightness again now which gives super clean night video.

I need to get mine sorted ASAP but still haven't gotten around to it.

Last edited:
Looking very good - have you had a new windscreen in that one mate as I'm noticing zero blemishes on there? Maybe it's just because the X1 camera is so close to the glass they're out of focus.

The X2 front camera does seem to be better image quality wise though at night than the X1 - saying that I'm back down at low brightness again now which gives super clean night video.

I need to get mine sorted ASAP but still haven't gotten around to it.

Same old windscreen full of scratches and stone-chips. Not always can see them, depending how surrounding light lays on windscreen. I will post day time soon again, there can see more windscreen "wear'n'tear" related issues which some time affect video quality.

My X1 finally arrived today although the tracking was weird - USPS said it was delivered last week and the UK Post said it was in the international mail centre ready to be sent overseas even though I had it in my hand.

Fitting took half hour to hard wire and run/hide all cables. Quality seems very good. G-sensor seems to default to a good setting as potholes didn't set it off but a test emergency brake manoeuvre triggered it.

It could definitely do with a right angle connector on the camera end to make it a bit more discreet.

Just to clarify about G-sensor, - it is built on to camera PCB, not the main unit.

Just to clarify about G-sensor, - it is built on to camera PCB, not the main unit.

WTF ?????? that was a suprice here :) thank god i am not a betting man as i would have put mony on the sensor beeing in the main unit.

@daesimps sounds like tracking in the UK works like here in Denmark, some times i have gotten a parcel that still days after i have gotten is say it is in transit, and then when it finally update to delivered its done so with the correct date days ago.

WTF ?????? that was a suprice here :) thank god i am not a betting man as i would have put mony on the sensor beeing in the main unit.

@daesimps sounds like tracking in the UK works like here in Denmark, some times i have gotten a parcel that still days after i have gotten is say it is in transit, and then when it finally update to delivered its done so with the correct date days ago.
I also assumed first but when received first prototype I tested and its in camera but I thought its just a prototype and anything could happend. Now when got new batch, tested again and its in camera.
U can do quick easy in house test. Set g-sensor on, put main unit and camera to separate surface, gently hit / drop main unit and u see no g sens reaction. Then hit camera and u see g sens activates. Also when not hitting, just turning camera 180 degree in your hands will activate G. It is not happening with main unit.

Hi @niko what are the x y and z data that appear on the bottom of your X1 videos ? Forgive my ignorance.

Hi @niko what are the x y and z data that appear on the bottom of your X1 videos ? Forgive my ignorance.
Any questions are welcome.
Y X Z are data of G-sensor.

CoreMotionAxes.png

Thanks. Today is not a wasted day since I have learned something new!

I found that out during the install. it would keep triggering while I was aiming the camera and the recording unit was sitting on my dash steady as a rock.

I found that out during the install. it would keep triggering while I was aiming the camera and the recording unit was sitting on my dash steady as a rock.
There you go, another confirmation ;)

so what happens when users switch out the X1 camera with the rear camera from the X2? does that have the gyro built into it as well? Mauro?

so what happens when users switch out the X1 camera with the rear camera from the X2? does that have the gyro built into it as well? Mauro?
That's interesting, i will check and update. Both cams are next to each other, so would be easy check.

The x1 with the x2 lens does not trigger the g-sensor, probably because does not have one in it. I set it at high and couldn't trigger it when i hit it, when i switched it to the x1 lens and hit it, triggers it. I will make more experiments, the x2 lens is on the windshield, which is very stable, no movement at all, when the x1 lens is on the rear view mirror and has some play, so it is easy to be triggered. I'll try again on my way to home.

Possibly a daft question but we've seen people saying that the rear camera on the X2 does not record G-sensor events - if you try the X1 camera in the X2 does it start to register G-sensor events then on the X2 rear camera please?

I have made video explaining G-sensor work on X1 vs X2 cameras.

Back