The G1W Sellers listing.

I saw the following comment in a recent youtube video today. (see highlighted text)

4owwGu9.png

Hey guys,

I just purchased the G1W from Amazon from the seller Top Auto Gadgets (which isn't on the list). I was wondering if anyone knew anything about that seller for this cam. I'll be sure to test the camera by checking the file type and if necessary check the processor.

I'll post an update here when I find if it is legit or not.

Here is the link to the G1W

Hey guys,

I just purchased the G1W from Amazon from the seller Top Auto Gadgets (which isn't on the list). I was wondering if anyone knew anything about that seller for this cam. I'll be sure to test the camera by checking the file type and if necessary check the processor.

I'll post an update here when I find if it is legit or not.

Here is the link to the G1W
Should be good reading this title description:

Black Box G1W Original Dashboard Dash Cam - Full HD 1080P H.264 2.7" LCD Car DVR Camera Video Recorder with G-Sensor Night Vision Motion Detection WDR 140° Wide Angle 4X Zoom - NT96650 + AR0330

Just received my G1W, quick testing shows that it's legit.

Correct date/time location and records in .mov

WatchYourLights,

I have been actively selling the G1WH since the beginning of 2015. Any way I could be considered under "safe bets" or "confirmed by members as legit"?

I sell the G1WH exclusively at DashCameraNation.com. A few of the benefits I offer:

1. Stock inventory in US
  2. Ship from US (Free)
  3. Service & Support in US
  4. 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
  5. 18 Month Warranty
Hope you will check out my site and confirm that I am an Outstanding option for the G1WH.

Thank you,

Robert

To be fair to all the other sellers listed. I can't just add you to the list.

Has someone here bought from DashCamNation?

If a forum member is independently willing to verify that it is the real deal I will be more then happy to add you to the second list.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I want to be fair to all the other sellers who have worked hard to gain a good reputation and have be verified by a few or many members here.

Thanks for understanding. Hopefully someone here can comment.

CheckYourLights,

Thank you so much for the prompt reply.

I totally respect and appreciate your explanation and your position.

Don't know if I have had anyone from the forum who has purchased from my site.

My hope is to build up a strong and loyal customer base through quality of product, support and service.

If there is anyone who has purchased from DashCameraNation.com and is willing to comment on the quality of our product and support it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again for your consideration.

Kind regards,

Robert

I got G1W-CB from Deluxe Essentials Through AMAZON.
I don't think this is hight quality 1080FHD quality

I got G1W-CB from Deluxe Essentials Through AMAZON.
I don't think this is hight quality 1080FHD quality
what is it you think is incorrect? just looking at it on my phone, your hood looks a little green, but that could be because of the factory UV coating in the windshield. what does the metadata show in vlc media player? what is the filename on the sd card? does it end in .mov, .avi or something else?

Does it record in .mov?

yes, it is in MOV format, but I feel like the video is not sharp at all.

Gearbest have not responded to my enquiry via their own ticket mechanism for over a week, and the whole saga has dragged on for months. I have confirmed delivery to their return address close to a month ago but Gearbest cannot find it and do not check or return my communications (yes, you have to keep asking them to check). I have initiated a PayPal dispute for a refund. I would strongly advise others considering a dashcam to avoid Gearbest. I will attempt to get my return postage refunded as well as PayPal will now consider this.
Have you tried contacting them vua DCT forum ?

how to you setup the focus? i have been in and out many times, and still get same video quality.
I have 90% 3M crystalline windshield tint, will my tint cause the problem? or the reflection from my windshield is too much?

Watching the video on YouTube at 1080p full screen it seems like the camera might benefit from a minor refocusing of the lens but otherwise there is nothing wrong with the full HD quality one might expect from a G1W.

Watching the video on YouTube at 1080p full screen it seems like the camera might benefit from a minor refocusing of the lens but otherwise there is nothing wrong with the full HD quality one might expect from a G1W.

how to refocus the unit?

I can't seem to find the "how to" video at the moment but it's here somewhere. In the meantime start by having a look at the photo instructions for disassembling the G1W that you will find HERE.

Maybe the lens is a little out of focus. If your camera has an HDMI port that makes it easy to set the focus exactly where you want it.

You need to open it up to do it, plenty of how-to's on lens focusing here already, process is the same

I can't seem to find the "how to" video at the moment but it's here somewhere. In the meantime start by having a look at the photo instructions for disassembling the G1W that you will find HERE.

Thanks for all the help.
I am returning this unit because the video quality is totally different from other G1W-C video I have watched on youtube.

Back