The new 808 #18 DR32 Car Camera

Milamber said:
sludgeguts said:
Maker's video
Can someone explain how it is that these cameras had perfect audio when bought before March & yet they send out such crap products to anyone buying in April?
Even after the firmware my audio doesn't sound as good as that - OR they have no engine & are being pushed along somehow.

Download gspot and load a video from before April and one from after you have the RAW files and compare the codec info.

http://gspot.headbands.com/
The codec info is identical.

Last edited by a moderator:
sludgeguts said:
Maker's video
Can someone explain how it is that these cameras had perfect audio when bought before March & yet they send out such crap products to anyone buying in April?
Even after the firmware my audio doesn't sound as good as that - OR they have no engine & are being pushed along somehow.

Keep in mind he's driving some 4-cylinder compact at city speeds. Plus he's not listening to any music that has bass.

Hello, how long is the cable to the charger? Is it long enough to go around the windshield (2m for VW Touran)?

SAF said:
Hello, how long is the cable to the charger? Is it long enough to go around the windshield (2m for VW Touran)?

Mine came with a 4m cable, it can also be powered with a standard mini USB cable.

FoxOffer still have the camera at $100.

enjoy,
Mtz

FoxOffer is a good seller, don't worry, maybe he will respond to you in this thread. ;)

enjoy,
Mtz

Just got my camera yesterday. The video quality is amazing. Sound didn't seem to be a problem. I had a problem with the windshield mount. I have a Toyota FJ cruiser and the window angle is close 90 degrees. When placing the mount on the window, the camera is angled down more than usual due to the angle of the windshield and mounting system(max 45 degrees?). I ended up putting under the mirror using a bicycle strap camera mount but the camera is not really hidden anymore. Does anyone know if there are small windshield camera mounts that bend more than 45 degrees? Thanks.

The manufacturer want that price, not FoxOffer. FoxOffer still want to sell the camera at $100, so try to buy it at $100 from them. :roll:

medic7000 said:
Does anyone know if there are small windshield camera mounts that bend more than 45 degrees?
Try to look at these mounts.

enjoy,
Mtz

medic7000 said:
Just got my camera yesterday. The video quality is amazing. Sound didn't seem to be a problem. I had a problem with the windshield mount. I have a Toyota FJ cruiser and the window angle is close 90 degrees. When placing the mount on the window, the camera is angled down more than usual due to the angle of the windshield and mounting system(max 45 degrees?). I ended up putting under the mirror using a bicycle strap camera mount but the camera is not really hidden anymore. Does anyone know if there are small windshield camera mounts that bend more than 45 degrees? Thanks.

You could try one of these combined with something like this. They should bolt together giving you a sticky mount with quick-release and full 90 degree flexibility... would be interesting to see how it works. Maybe can source the Drift mount cheaper somewhere, that was just a quick search.

For the FJ camera mount, I just received these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcMini-Car-Das ... 5af0a53324

They will do about 85/80 degrees (probably more if you shave some plastic down). The nice thing is that they are quick detach as well. The sticky/flast part stays on the windshield, but the swivel slides out horizontally so it makes for easy removable without having to unscrew the camera.

Ulrik_A said:
Mtz, your reading me wrong.
No, I just offered an information. Who will understand what I said will know what to do.

enjoy,
Mtz

all the ebay sellers have increased to $139.99

FoxOffers is selling it for $138.20 and is including a 32gb class 10 SanDisk. great offer if you don't have one yet. Not sure what mount they're selling with it though (adhesive or suction). sent them an email and waiting for the response. If it's adhesive, I'll buy right away.

Yes, great offer and is until May 19.

enjoy,
Mtz

Great offer when the camera is stable and the sound improved :-(

Just seen the first really positive comment about the new firmware in the firmware thread, maybe it's OK :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Re:

Jazzist said:
Great offer when the camera is stable and the sound improved :-(

Just seen the first really positive comment about the new firmware in the firmware thread, maybe it's OK :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
I haven't experienced any freezes either.

Holy cr*p!!!

I just put the order in ebay for the sake of adhisive holder in one order, and FoxOffer starts doing promotion today!!!!!!!!

That's $30 difference....

They can keep their extra mount and (probably fake anyway) Sandisk memory card.
I just want the camera for the original asking price.
I can't make myself pay more for something after I've seen it before for less.

inizhao said:
Holy cr*p!!!

I just put the order in ebay for the sake of adhisive holder in one order, and FoxOffer starts doing promotion today!!!!!!!!

That's $30 difference....
Why didn't you order the camera from fox offer and the new quick release mount from eBay? Would have still been cheaper?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

laalaa99stl said:
They can keep their extra mount and (probably fake anyway) Sandisk memory card.
As long as it works and looks the same... :-)
laalaa99stl said:
I just want the camera for the original asking price.
I can't make myself pay more for something after I've seen it before for less.
Agree but if you don't already have a memory card this is decent/the same? Still free express shipping to?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Back