The new 808 #18 DR32 Car Camera

sludgeguts said:
If this camera is designed to run on 5v & a PC's USB port outputs 5v, how comes the camera doesn't work when I plug it into the PC?
It switches on then the screen goes black & it comes up on the PC as a removable drive. :?:

Works as a USB stick when plugged into a PC so you can copy the files off. In this mode you can't use the camera.

Does the switch on the side of this camera do anything?

Jazzist said:

That's the on/off switch. Quite a good idea to have the switch cover the SD slot.

Jazzist said:

There's a on/off switch that covers the memory card and is a small reset switch that is on the opposite side, you need a paperclip of pen to press the reset button.

Does the on/off do anything?

sludgeguts said:
If this camera is designed to run on 5v & a PC's USB port outputs 5v, how comes the camera doesn't work when I plug it into the PC?
It switches on then the screen goes black & it comes up on the PC as a removable drive. :?:
It senses the data pins, so it turns into MSC mode automatically with no option to use the camera off of it. I guess this is because it's not officially rated to be used on only 500 mA of power so it doesn't let you easily run off of it either. Sure, you could hack a special USB cable for yourself and try (disconnect the data pins on the cable).
The other option is to go and make yourself a 12 V socket.
I made myself one by combining these:
[thumbnail]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1e/Molex_male_connector.jpg[/thumbnail][thumbnail]http://www.powerwerx.com/_images/products/atcsocket_xlrg.jpg[/thumbnail]
What's left is to connect it to a computer power supply unit.

Or use a mobile phone charger.

My DR32 arrived!

Hi,

My DR32 arrived lunchtime, after just 7 days in the post China to UK! superfast and no duty!

I rushed out to my garage, and tried it out.

Absolutely bloody marvellous... The sound is perfect, (in the garage, revving the engine, car is Renauly Megane 1.5 Diesel).

There was NO extraneous noise at all

Here is a video clip for you to listen to, (Sorry about the mess in my garage!)

http://www.filefactory.com/file/2u0q7j6 ... IP0007.AVI

I will do a proper install, and hide the cable and post a road run tomorrow, Q.V.

cheers

Patrick

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone tell me if the on/off switch on this camera does anything?

Jazzist said:
Can anyone tell me if the on/off switch on this camera does anything?
When in Off mode, it instructs on the screen to turn the switch to On mode. Doesn't it do that for you?

After 1 May 2013 the price of the camera will increase to $140. You can check this on ebay sellers.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
After 1 May 2013 the price of the camera will increase to $140. You can check this on ebay sellers.

enjoy,
Mtz

that seems more realistic, can't imagine anyone's making much money at the current prices

jokiin said:
gobbertinker said:
Okay! what's going on? some how posts are getting deleted.

not deleted, the thread has been split into two separate topics

It would be nice to have been notified here if it was split in to another thread

Was about to post that the firmware items were split. Sometimes these big threads get unwieldy. Sorry for any confusion guys.

gobbertinker said:
jokiin said:
gobbertinker said:
Okay! what's going on? some how posts are getting deleted.

not deleted, the thread has been split into two separate topics

It would be nice to have been notified here if it was split in to another thread

it only just happened, give DCM a break, back end maintenance of a forum is time consuming work

Back