Viofo A119 Car DVR factory sample tests

These are available for sale now so I'm surprised there aren't any reviews here of production units. Or have I missed that?

Anyway, there are a number of sellers of this dashcam on eBay. Can anyone recommend one that is trustworthy and won't sell me a fake?

There is also a US seller with very little feedback so I'm a little reluctant to buy from that seller - https://www.ebay.com/itm/252460463141
Haha, that's my listing. It's less on my website, $99 (for non GPS model - GPS mount is $10). I also, have it on Amazon for same price as my website. I am a verified seller. You can go to Viofo website and check. There are no fakes out yet.
As far as reviews, I'm sure they are in the works. They've only been in peoples hands about a week. There are some user videos floating around this site as well.

Haha, that's my listing. It's less on my website, $99 (for non GPS model - GPS mount is $10). I also, have it on Amazon for same price as my website. I am a verified seller. You can go to Viofo website and check. There are no fakes out yet.
As far as reviews, I'm sure they are in the works. They've only been in peoples hands about a week. There are some user videos floating around this site as well.

Do you have a link to Viofo's web site you could post please, so others can check their retailer is verified too?

I wonder how these compare to @jokiin's product...I know they were saying they were going to come out with a version that uses a Sony EXMOR sensor...

You got some serious competition from the looks of things when it does ;-)
Hopefully a new SG product comparable or better will be out by then.

That's ok, the market needs more decent options, there's far too much low end product in the market still which is not good for consumers and not good for the category in general

We are working on updated models also, the market doesn't ever sit still

I received my unit last night.
Mounted very easily to the window.
The card from my old G1W needed formatting but couldn't be formatted in the camera (it was full, but still wouldn't allow a format). So I had to put the card in my phone, format it, then move it back to the a119, format again, and all OK).
Updated the firmware and hopefully the 'format me' warning will go away.
Will be doing some testing so will post up some videos later.

Which default resolution are people using? I have a 32G card in there.

Hi. I am also using a 32GB card. I use the 1920x1080 @ 60fps most of the time.

You are welcome. Test all the resolutions and choose the one that suits you the best.

Here are a couple of sample. Installation was a snap, and i updated the firmware to latest version. Overall going well. Just need to route the cable.

nice videos. in the second vid, why is the image like shaking/moving around? was there an issue with processing the vid?

One of them i YouTube to image stabilize and the other i didn't . Maybe they made it worse!

Back