Viofo A119 Car DVR factory sample tests

given the amount of screen real estate in a truck I'd be inclined to run it closer to the drivers seat where you can more easily reach it and see it

given the amount of screen real estate in a truck I'd be inclined to run it closer to the drivers seat where you can more easily reach it and see it
You also have to consider the swept area of the wipers, and various regional laws about things in the windshield. Up in the top center seems to work best for me. Easier to access power, less wires to hide, or have dangling. :) Since I'm prone to switch trucks without much notice, I don't attempt any complex installs.

This is mostly my preference. I see trucks here with tablets or huge GPS units on suction cups directly in front of the driver on the windshield. It's asking for trouble.

:)

i think i saw in the git2 firmware thread that they killed the 1 second overlap "feature" on that camera too. this is great! wonder if they're keeping it to themselves or if it's been "upstreamed" to novatek so that novatek will include it in the SDK going forward?
The novatek offered this 1s overlap remove option 1 month ago with updated SDK, but according to our test, it had bugs before(1s missed), they solved this 1 week ago, we help them to make it better.

@Mtz talked this at very early time, we forwarded to novatek to implement this feature last year, not sure if Novatek have this plan before or based on our requirement.

The other 'nice' thing I'd like to see on cams is a larger lock or save button.
I can't always take my eyes off the road for try to find and hit the tiny buttons.
(If I remember which one it is, since I rarely use them)
The solution to this would be to have a remote "save" button which could be placed elsewhere, perhaps near the hazard warning button, but it would mean extra wiring or expensive wi-fi tech for a wireless solution. Plus I'd guess the market would be fairly small, i.e. only trucks? Then again, trying to find the save button up behind a car's rear view mirror could also be tricky and dangerous?

I have it! From the dash cam, an optional plug-in wire dangles down to a set of furry dice. To save, just squeeze one of the dice!
A range of "danger danglers" in differing designs could be offered as accessories, all squeezable.

412300913.jpg

You could put some g sensors in the fuzzy dice, and maybe it could trigger the cam via bluetooth?
:0

I can see the chinese suppliers touting that feature, now.

Maybe this is how we end up with all the extra features on some of these cams that really don't work? More 'stuff', has to be better?

The novatek offered this 1s overlap remove option 1 month ago with updated SDK, but according to our test, it had bugs before(1s missed), they solved this 1 week ago, we help them to make it better.

@Mtz talked this at very early time, we forwarded to novatek to implement this feature last year, not sure if Novatek have this plan before or based on our requirement.
I see there is an A119/A119s in your about me section of your display picture. What are the differences?

This is mostly my preference. I see trucks here with tablets or huge GPS units on suction cups directly in front of the driver on the windshield. It's asking for trouble.

I've seen people attach tablets or phones to the center of their steering wheel while driving. Those people deserve it when their airbag goes off and their device decapitates them or shreds their face with broken glass...

I see there is an A119/A119s in your about me section of your display picture. What are the differences?
You checked very carefully, the "S" does not mean the GPS version, means with a Sony sensor, will share more info soon.

Hi all,
I just finished reading this thread from start to end. I am very surprised by night quality video. Very good light. I believe that is important to mention witch version was on Mtz test A119 or A119s.

A119S is not ready even as factory sample.

enjoy,
Mtz

You checked very carefully, the "S" does not mean the GPS version, means with a Sony sensor, will share more info soon.

Let me guess: IMX291 Sensor, F2.0 lens, NTK96660 :) If I'm right, IMX291 Sensor should be a real huge improvement for night videos ...

Seems that you read carefully the forum posts. ;)

enjoy,
Mtz

Any update on when it will be released on market?

Back