VIOFO A119 V3

What can we test if our cameras are working OK in parking mode?
After I saw your report here I made a parking mode test and was working OK for me from the first time.
As an old beta tester I tried to analyze what is different between our setups and I see you are using Powe Bank. I was using wall charger with original cable, so the test was indoor like yours and should not be affected by the GPS firmware changes.

IDK if yours is working ok.

I know Capture Your Action hasn't had consistent results either at times.

On the Viofo forum he posted this the other day.
"I'm running more parking mode tests now. First test using a 5V USB power supply, the camera did not enter parking mode after 27 minutes. I changed a few settings and am testing again. "

So I know it's not just mine.

Using a 5V USB charger, I experienced inconsistencies with how long it took the A119V3 took to enter parking mode using V1.03. It was set to Auto Event Mode. Entering parking mode while using the 3-wire hardwire kit was fine in my tests.

Did you made the same test with original charger?

My v3 works fine for parking. Enters parking mode immediately after I turn off ignition. I use their 3 wire kit. My issue is that I have a lot of traffic and would prefer it not to record until a g sensor (collision) is triggered. Parking motion detection is wasteful in my opinion but I’m guessing this feature is part of how the g sensor feature gets triggered? Sudden environment movement? I’m going to post a thread on that as so much information is lost on this single thread. Who has the time to search through 32 pages of separate issues?

My v3 works fine for parking. Enters parking mode immediately after I turn off ignition. I use their 3 wire kit. My issue is that I have a lot of traffic and would prefer it not to record until a g sensor (collision) is triggered. Parking motion detection is wasteful in my opinion but I’m guessing this feature is part of how the g sensor feature gets triggered? Sudden environment movement? I’m going to post a thread on that as so much information is lost on this single thread. Who has the time to search through 32 pages of separate issues?
Issue really seems to be entering parking mode without the hardwire kit.
You can set the motion detection to low if you haven’t already.

Issue really seems to be entering parking mode without the hardwire kit.
You can set the motion detection to low if you haven’t already.

Oops, then yeah, easy solution is to get the hardwire kit.
I have set the motion detection to low, but it's recording everything in it's view. I can live without the parking feature, just getting spoiled. :)

I have set the motion detection to low, but it's recording everything in it's view. I can live without the parking feature, just getting spoiled. :)

Let me tell you why parking mode is important to me.

Earlier this summer while my wife and I were out shopping, I decided I'd wait for her in my truck because I didn't feel like walking around the store. So she went in and I sat in the parking lot waiting for her. After about 15 minute a couple guys get in a truck across the road and back up into a parking spot next to me as they're leaving. However they failed to see a shopping cart sitting there and ran into it sending it into my truck. It put a small dent about 3 inches long into the rear quarter panel and maybe 1/8th to 1/4 deep. I was able to get his license and insurance since I was sitting there and his insurance paid out to have the damage repaired which came out to be around $600. Do you think he'd have left a note for me if I had not been there? I don't, I think I'd have been out the repair cost myself. That's when I started looking for a dash cam with better parking mode. I've had other damage that went unnoticed previously while parked but that was long ago and another story.

Getting the HK3AAC 3-wire Hardwire kit is the way to go if you want the best parking mode performance with more options than trying to use 2-wire power alone. You can always upgrade later.

d477843aa4b3e890cda38a1ac4a8edde.jpg

Let me tell you why parking mode is important to me.

Earlier this summer while my wife and I were out shopping, I decided I'd wait for her in my truck because I didn't feel like walking around the store. So she went in and I sat in the parking lot waiting for her. After about 15 minute a couple guys get in a truck across the road and back up into a parking spot next to me as they're leaving. However they failed to see a shopping cart sitting there and ran into it sending it into my truck. It put a small dent about 3 inches long into the rear quarter panel and maybe 1/8th to 1/4 deep. I was able to get his license and insurance since I was sitting there and his insurance paid out to have the damage repaired which came out to be around $600. Do you think he'd have left a note for me if I had not been there? I don't, I think I'd have been out the repair cost myself. That's when I started looking for a dash cam with better parking mode. I've had other damage that went unnoticed previously while parked but that was long ago and another story.

The reason I say I can do without parking feature is because I don't like the idea of an entire day worth of video footage; it simply just isn't effective or efficient in many ways. With the lower bitrate/fps, cam may not even catch hit-and-run plate number. Viofo is not able to make Parking G-sensor work correctly without Parking Motion Sensor yet, but this would be the ideal method to use parking mode in my opinion. But you bring up a very good point about parking mode. My mindset is on major accidents and protecting myself from being at fault or accused thereof. This cam quality is the best I've seen (on youtube lol) at this price range, therefore, I'm a happy camper. I think I can deal with dents and dings from shady folks. God forbid someone crashes into my car while it's parked lol. The trick may be to turn the Auto Event Detection on when out and about, and then off when home or at work. I appreciate your story and experience you had to share. Have a good night.

I think the issue is that, if I'm reading it correctly from your first post, you've just gone out for the first run of the day, so the capacitor hasn't charged up yet ?

Yes, that's exactly it.
Because it's fully discharged it takes a few seconds to boot up even with no boot delay.
My solution is to set it to 0 boot delay. Put on ignition to position 2...wait about 5-10 seconds for the camera to boot up, then turn over the engine and start it. Works 100% so far.

Friends, can you check?
In TS format, the model stamp is not displayed on the video?

НI,What is the cause of these traits or weves,I don't no what to call it?Screenshot_20190929-204942.png

[QUOTE = "gse, публикация: 486286, член: 3453"]
Захранва се от оригинално зарядно устройство?
[/ Цитат]
аз only use the original charger.

[QUOTE = "gse, публикация: 486294, член: 3453"]
Можете ли да качите видео във хостинг на файлове?
[/ Цитат]

[QUOTE = "jokiin, публикация: 486295, член: 469"]
ще трябва да видите видеото

Вашето превозно средство има LED фарове?
[/ Цитат]
Не,I haven't led light

Back