VIOFO A119 V3

I ran H264 for 2 x 1.5hrs with no problems at all, using a higher bitrate than FW1.0 and it was completely stable with outside temps. at 34-36Degrees C. When used H265 in cooler temp. was very warm to the touch after 20-30mins.
Sounds kinda unscientific :)

Sounds like I actually use it and not speculating.

Here is a Sample of what to come. FW1.02 due to be released soon. this week. Best viewed in 4K.

Here is a Sample of what to come. FW1.02 due to be released soon. this week. Best viewed in 4K.
Excellent high 30 Mb/s bitrate A119 V3 FW1.02 sample footage, the improved video detail is unmistakable especially on the heavily treed roads. Comparing your footage to mine reveals my V3 Lens has soft focus, adding to my DIY list of pending adjustments. thanks for sharing the sneak peak.

There is always room for improvement but some people into video prefer a soft focus as long as not too soft. I don't count myself as 1 of the "some people".

There is always room for improvement but some people into video prefer a soft focus as long as not too soft. I don't count myself as 1 of the "some people".
I'll trade you my City Lens for your Rural Lens . . ? What is the last two digits of your serial number, mine is 09.
Testing various Focal lengths is expected for new products, I just don't want to see all the windshield stone chips in the MP4 video clips with slightly blurry center image. One bonus the video isn't over-sharpened.

What shipping speed can we expect directly from Viofo? Any firsthand experiences?

It will be fastest to order from OCD Tronic (free 2 day shipping) or Amazon directly. You also get local USA warranty support if any service is needed

It will be fastest to order from OCD Tronic (free 2 day shipping) or Amazon directly. You also get local USA warranty support if any service is needed
I just checked your Amazon page and it says earliest delivery is July 9, eight days from today, so it looks like you don't have it in stock.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07SSQ5JY2

I just checked your Amazon page and it says earliest delivery is July 9, eight days from today, so it looks like you don't have it in stock.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07SSQ5JY2

Amazon is slow processing the new fulfillment stock. The few pieces we originally had sold out but 1000 more just arrived. Things are still ramping up as it’s a new product. Ordering direct from our ocd site non-amazon will be best this week. Free 2-day priority mail.

Capture Your Action now has stock as well. Currently available on the Capture Your Action website and eBay.

What shipping speed can we expect directly from Viofo? Any firsthand experiences?
Direct from Viofo website with Express Shipping = 10 days or less not counting customs delays.
Normal shipping can take 25 days or more.

Order mine today from OCD. I did not notice anything about free 2 day shipping but that was not the selling point. Bonus if it arrives in 2 days.

Already available firmware 1.02

Amazon is a love/hate relationship at times. Hopefully they are making things right for you.
Open a live chat with an Amazon fulfillment support agent
This is the .com link but there should be a similar .ca one. @OCD Tronic Canada would know.

Thanks for that.

I really don't know what they're doing.

Listing says 10 left, order soon and get it Thursday.
I ordered mine last Wednesday at 8:03 AM and it says delivery between today and next Monday, although it hasn't shipped yet ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'll trade you my City Lens for your Rural Lens . . ? What is the last two digits of your serial number, mine is 09.
Testing various Focal lengths is expected for new products, I just don't want to see all the windshield stone chips in the MP4 video clips with slightly blurry center image. One bonus the video isn't over-sharpened.
Apply Evo to back of A119 v3 before writing down he serial No at the moment who knows!

Is anyone using TS video format instead of MP4 ?

Last edited:
If you are referring to .TS it's the same IQ but no purposeful access to GPS data.

Back