Viofo A129

You say little... I'm very disappointed about the image clarity of Viofo. A119 PRO worse than A119s, which is worse thena A119. And now, with A129 Duo, the worse of all...

I was commenting on one night video that was comparing A119s and A129 ... ^ You are comparing A119s with A119PRO
I agree A119s is better than PRO as I have one myself and a little disappointed ... I was expecting better from a 'PRO' model.
Nigel pointed out A119s and A129 have the same sensor ... I wasn't aware of that and would explain why there wasn't much difference.

My choice from the VIOFO range is the A119s. I would get another ... but not any of the others.
None come anywhere near the quality of the VicoVation MF3 ... but then, these VIOFOS are less than half the price and do the job.
The VicoVation fell short on reliability ... whereas neither the A119s 0r A119PRO has missed a beat so far ... and reliability counts big time with Dash Cams.
Who knows - maybe I just got lucky with the VIOFOs and unlucky with the VicoVation. :unsure:

ps. Forgot what thread I was on and went for the rant ... A129 ... hmm .. ok.

next

Last edited:
Update: moved the antenna to the right hand side of the drivers door frame (but on the main bodywork not the door) and that seems to have made quite a difference. Need to go on a longer ride out to test more but I think this has worked.

Just need to tidy all my dashcam power cables up better....

Last edited:
Finally got around to installing my A129.

One thing I don't like is how thick the rear cam cable is and the fact that it comes out the top on the rear cam.

Makes trying to tuck it into weatherstrips, between trim, and routing it in rear hatch a little more annoying. Pretty hard to hide it on the rear window too, since it comes out the top I can't put the rear cam all the way to the top to be more stealthy.

One thing I don't like is how thick the rear cam cable is and the fact that it comes out the top on the rear cam.

Makes trying to tuck it into weatherstrips, between trim, and routing it in rear hatch a little more annoying. Pretty hard to hide it on the rear window too, since it comes out the top I can't put the rear cam all the way to the top to be more stealthy.
Does your window wiper reach "all the way to the top" to remove the rain from the camera view, or your heater wires to remove the mist from the camera view?
The straight cable out the top is probably the neatest for most people...

Does your window wiper reach "all the way to the top" to remove the rain from the camera view, or your heater wires to remove the mist from the camera view?
The straight cable out the top is probably the neatest for most people...

Yes to both, 2016 Rav4. Though I think our other car doesn't have the heater wires all the way to the top.

If it helps, I believe you can reverse the cable so the right-angle connector is at the rear camera.

I reversed the cables on my two Honda CRV installs, so I could get the cameras as high as possible. There is a full inch and a half above where it sits, for the wiper to do its thing. No problems at all, and seems like a great product.

The CPL filters are def required, as I get more glare than the previous A119S V1 units this replaced. I'm told that they will be available in about 4 weeks.

The CPL filters are def required, as I get more glare than the previous A119S V1 units this replaced. I'm told that they will be available in about 4 weeks.

I'm looking forward to those and the new hardwire kit. Maybe even go for the trifecta and get the bluetooth button, just cause.

For those of you who have been testing the A129 for a while, what's your preference concerning WDR and the A129, would you recommend on or off?

Of course, those who also currently have the cam and may have tested video with WDR both on and off, please also tell us your preferences and what you noticed concerning both settings. Thanks!

I turned WDR off after a three days, just seems to give a more balanced video.

Newbie here to the world of dash cams.
Should i do 1080/60fps or 1080/30fps? What other settings have you guys used?
thanks

thanks

FWIW 60fps can only be used if no rear cam is connected.

I use defaults currently. others stated better video with WDR off, which I think is default.

thanks
When running in dual front/rear camera mode, it will only do 30fps front and rear. It’ll do 60fps if you’re only recording the front cam with no rear recording.

Can someone post pictures of where they installed it on their cars? I have a suv with the back vertical. Should i put the front on the top middle of the windshield (right below the blue taint) and on the back, at the middle top right below the wiper path?

Can someone post pictures of where they installed it on their cars? I have a suv with the back vertical. Should i put the front on the top middle of the windshield (right below the blue taint) and on the back, at the middle top right below the wiper path?

That is probably where I would put it around; stick the camera near the upper tint area for the front windshield next to the mirror; just down enough where the lens is in the untinted part fo the windshield. For the rear, I normally put it in the middle top portion and then adjust the lens.

Under the mirror may be an option, it doesn't need to be high but it must not block the drivers view and should be within the area covered by the wipers, and the area covered by the electric heater if you have one, which means you are normally rather limited in choice.

If it can't go in the centre then it is best for the image to put it on the drivers side of the car, the rear one can go quite a long way to the drivers side and still have a good image.

Testing the Viofo A129 Bluetooth Remote

y4mcCX0nVl8qLS9LCNCYdX432yWboSK9zG2QDtQQoOmbwdf81zU7N3wQCePMvW9c12Gj_SfEAagQ_Y-MHQQEEwAHtM9yoVUOLgLYxaiwNQn-mPgJfPvWDE7CGOdAXbPUJY_JxsSu3Qaeu4cw7xC_cn_4ZDjBkIoiHYQjEOHe-uSNRJmrgnsKUXnq_v1fzu8wFjy_OxeM-JIwmx6QZE0SkjG7Q

y4mYlLdRwLuFk188FnSLfzsbF0E5wzKv8gCR0TYgC8-QBzqImZh754U5vaLGYR-NHYM0wTtkUwdblVYC-BaCTMHQV8Oacl4TdI_z1GPAkbPMNkCfzheOzRuQUU6fgBslmV23Jk0hNEabzwAjsSEfJwS9gpjw5mBEdyj87xwaUDJfTJbZ61BEztNvVCYhfYJNb1zDVye3Dzr5iYYKSqV1SPE6g
y4m4QfGxIco0VnBF45g4m5Xg6D54eXzWHPfKYPdmwDFsdZLObnK9szXu-UHA7K7CxDFnhFifNLoX54a86ChSt9BeytVcZ8A1fG-2KE39w-3LBsdAxJtUnPSsBLuUVJAWt4mgdQ4LKz6fuLGyfZBBTsTxxuxemn03Cq-Z3vSmLYaPdQN9KjuL0EnNiOUPnmRXVv4P0nXv113FBAcb_p4p8T_pA
y4m5CfPml0DczGVrX8NrX0qo8i5PDmbviS7wU86QHPRz4kpTZwZbgJ9IcyCTtbihT0ucDatZJtE8B-4ZC5THq53XyRLJoyGmE2wRiZLCAwfsSm1LHihOUCFEkr1VVJXxEQsrzP14XDgS4nWY-BueSkmnyhZkUUYrmj3Zfw3WzePQr7bG3CQHn82r2W6e-eBWqHKNz09CrdMC2KZuQqx40YmIQ

Thanks for sharing the pics and quick vid Tony. Once these along with the new revised CPL for the A129 pop up on Amazon in the US, I'll grab once of each. Maybe it's a good thing that I've never personally needed to lock a file as nothing interesting has happened around me to capture but should I need to this simple thing will make the process that much quicker/easier.

Also, real quick, I mentioned this in a different A129 thread but for those running their A129 off a battery pack such as the Cellink Neo, make sure you turn off WiFi when it is not needed. I installed my A129 yesterday and noticed the Cellink app shows a decent amount of less runtime with WiFi on and a fully charged pack. It displayed approximately ~20 hours with WiFi off and ~15 hours with WiFi on.

Not as small as I thought it would be, but small enough I guess.

Thanks for sharing the pics and quick vid Tony. Once these along with the new revised CPL for the A129 pop up on Amazon in the US, I'll grab once of each. Maybe it's a good thing that I've never personally needed to lock a file as nothing interesting has happened around me to capture but should I need to this simple thing will make the process that much quicker/easier.

Also, real quick, I mentioned this in a different A129 thread but for those running their A129 off a battery pack such as the Cellink Neo, make sure you turn off WiFi when it is not needed. I installed my A129 yesterday and noticed the Cellink app shows a decent amount of less runtime with WiFi on and a fully charged pack. It displayed approximately ~20 hours with WiFi off and ~15 hours with WiFi on.
is the cellink a Lith-ion battery pack? Aren't battery packs not good to leave in a high temp over 40c and the car can get over 40c in summer. why would the cellink battery pack and the B-124 blackvue battery pack be OK to leave in a hot car but an Anker battery pack is dangerous? and what about the battery-packs that jump start a car made by Anker and others it has lit-ion battery and is OK to store in the HOT car for jumping purposes.. but a plain lit-ion Anker 26800mAh is dangerous over 40c as well as a cellphone as well. I wouldnd think the cellink and blackvue 124 are even more dangerous cause they are attached to the car battery but an regular tanker 26800mAh pack is not connected to car battery should be less dangerous just to use for parking mode wouldn't it be just as safe?

Last edited:
Back