Viofo A129

Yes on the cpl filters, and they are working on getting them and the bluetooth button to market. No ETA that I know of yet.

the bluetooth button is already on sale for an excessive amount of $30 usd which is extortion lol. and again Viofo said its another 3 or 4 weeks for the A129 CPL Filter and thats what they said 3 weeks ago. so it was supposed to be here in JUNE now they are pushing Mid-September but you should know that they made a batch of them that were bundled in A129 kit on amazon and didn't care about the previous buyers of the product months ago. they took the batch they made and put it towards NEW purchases which really shows horrible business ethics, and suspect thinking. Where is the pride viofo?

Last edited:
Reactions: M83
I see, who knows what kind of things are going on in the background @viofo. We are not the only market and they may be a small company but again I point out for the price point this is a great cam to have.
I see the button is $20.00 from their site, so the price gouging is our beloved home country vendors. I have a front cam only and have been experimenting with a quality linear filter and its great.
So I wait on the slow boat but not problem.

I see the button is $20.00 from their site, so the price gouging is our beloved home country vendors.
As far as I know, there are no US sellers of the Bluetooth button yet.

wow they lowered the price on the button from $30 to $20 interesting

I just wanted to load modded firmware. I found an option in the app to update firmware via Wi-Fi. But in reality it wants to connect to the server, it gives no option to choose own file. Quite useless I would say.

Why should it? It's their app to update with the official firmware from the manufacturer. It would just confuse people, IMO, and further complicate people coming to them for support of someone else's firmware.

For those who want to risk running a home brewed version, there's an easy way to do so. (just drop it on the chip and reboot)

I also feel strongly that third party firmware discussions should take place in a different area, so people arent accidentally clicking links to download something that could cause problems/extra support/overheating or damage. Sometimes it gets confusing when there are links within regular support threads, but they are for third party firmware. It could ultimately end in people complaining about problems that don't exist in the real thing, and send the developer down the wrong path.

I think there should also be a disclaimer required on dedicated threads for the third party stuff, use at your own risk, this is not the official release from the manufacturer, etc. yada yada

Just one person's opinion :)
Mike

Last edited:
any updates on the CPL filters being on sale? I'm getting a lot of reflection in my videos of my dash

Why should it? It's their app to update with the official firmware from the manufacturer. It would just confuse people, IMO, and further complicate people coming to them for support of someone else's firmware.
Yeah, maybe you are right. Casual people may have had problem and it would've been confusing for typical John.

Regarding firmware generally, how long can it take to put Low Bitrate mode for parking option in the firmware? I've been hearing "next 2-3 weeks" since forever.

any updates on the CPL filters being on sale? I'm getting a lot of reflection in my videos of my dash

My contact says availability by mid Sept for hard wire kit and new CPL by end of Sep. (but that's at the manufacturer, plus time to ship to distributors and time for them to get it into Amazon inventory, etc)

They are on the way, and taking time to get it done right. I bet the firmware comes out around the same time when it is needed.

its taking them a long time to make these cpl filters. I have a lot of dash glare in mine. What settings did you guys use for WDR and EV? Also I heard to leave wifi off so the bitrate will be higher?

its taking them a long time to make these cpl filters. I have a lot of dash glare in mine. What settings did you guys use for WDR and EV? Also I heard to leave wifi off so the bitrate will be higher?
I gave up worrying about the CPL Filter it will eventually be available, I get slight glare during sunrise / sunset but it doesn't bother me much the camera is working excellent for me otherwise, I am very happy with it. I keep WDR, and EV on default and Wifi off.

I leave WDR off, I believe that's the general consensus, leave it off. But honestly, I'd try viewing clips with it on and off and make a personal determination. I did for a few weeks after installing mine and felt off was better.

I am not sure about wifi setting and bitrate but I leave mine off unless I am going to use the app on my phone for viewing the video feed or messing with settings through the app. I do this because I have mine connected to a Cellink Neo for recording while parked and wifi on reduces the usable time by nearly 5 hours on a single Cellink Neo battery pack.

As for the CPL, I've been using one on just the front camera off of my A119 and while i do get a slight vignetting effect mainly in the upper left corner, it is so slight and non bothersome I think I'm just going to continue using it and save the money on an A129 specific CPL for now. So if you really would like one and can pick up an A119 CPL at a good enough price, consider it perhaps(?).

Hi, i am not sure about bitrate but i did observe (i say this because it could be accurate or inaccurate) that files tend to be smaller if WiFi is on. Maybe someone can confirm or dismiss it.

Hi, i am not sure about bitrate but i did observe (i say this because it could be accurate or inaccurate) that files tend to be smaller if WiFi is on. Maybe someone can confirm or dismiss it.

bitrate is limited when wifi is on

bitrate is limited when wifi is on

Would it then be fair to say that a lower bitrate might equate to lower video quality? I have read a bit on it but it seems to be inconclusive.

Also, thank you for the clarification.

hello I would like to know if the motion detection works in the front or in the front and in the rear?.

Back