Viofo A129

anyone recommend a durable/reliable micro sd card that won't put a hole in my wallet?

Non of the endurance cards are cheap and there's a shortage at the moment so prices are high.

These are what I'm currently using: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B01BDKTRAE
Could drop down to 32GB to save money if money is an issue. However, it's somewhat of a false economy as it will just be written over twice as fast and so use its write cycle max twice as fast.

Yep, that’s the same card I’m using and have been mentioning as well. Glad a reasonably priced 256gb card that works well has finally become available.

Yep, that’s the same card I’m using and have been mentioning as well. Glad a reasonably priced 256gb card that works well has finally become available.
I'm up in Canada and the price jump from the 200GB to 256GB is pretty steep which is why I went with the 200GB size.

maybe i'll just stick to the sandisk ultra A1 cards. I was going to return it bc I thought I saw bad reviews but I think they were for the ultra "non" A1's.

About to pull the trigger on the A129. For those of you that already use it, is it worth the quality/price ratio?

About to pull the trigger on the A129. For those of you that already use it, is it worth the quality/price ratio?
I have the a129 but am not currently using it at the moment. Make sure your car's cigarette outlet is not 'always on' unless you're ok with plugging it in and out every time you drive. Unfortunately my car's outlet is 'always on' and I'm waiting for their hardwire kit.

If you are happy with 1080 resolution then yes, nicely made and excellent image quality. Seems to cope well with summer weather too, doesn't go out of focus or any other issues. If your not happy with 1080 resolution, then you will have a big problem finding an alternative dual camera and the dual camera is nicer to use than two singles.

I have the a129 but am not currently using it at the moment. Make sure your car's cigarette outlet is not 'always on' unless you're ok with plugging it in and out every time you drive. Unfortunately my car's outlet is 'always on' and I'm waiting for their hardwire kit.

is there a special hard wiring kit? I got one off of ebay and I'm thinking it'll serve its function

is there a special hard wiring kit? I got one off of ebay and I'm thinking it'll serve its function
Not really special (correct me if I'm wrong) unless you intend on using parking mode. Viofo's hardwire kit is 3 wires vs the standard 2 wires that I see on ebay. Both the hardwire kit and parking mode feature is either in testing phase or in development. That's my most up to date knowledge on it.

I might just opt to use the cig outlet and manually plug/unplug when I drive until it's released.

I'm using MLC NAND flasc Transcend High Endurance 64GB cards @53.00. If you research MLC vs TLC NAND for dash cams you will see why. Some run TLC just fine but I'll go with MLC.
I went 64GB because I don't need to store weeks of videos and can lock videos of interest.
I shop BHPhotoVideo for the excellent service, fair pricing and to avoid counterfeits.

Still no hardwire kit huh?
I guess nothing yet. I was also waiting for the hardwire kit but just pulled the trigger with a generic hardwire kit. Had to take advantage of the ebay 15% off coupon.

Curious if anyone has been experiencing intermittent rebooting while their A129 is in use? Mine was rock solid since installing but what's started recently is while driving around you'll hear the cam make the boot up sound as if it was just being turned on. And it'll do it even while on a perfectly smooth road so bumps and such aren't causing a connection to lose contact and remake contact again.

I've been running mine off a Cellink Neo since initial install and recently I installed 2 expansion packs for the Neo for longer runtime. I'm going to double and triple check all connection but just wondering if anyone else experienced this and if they found a solution. I'm also on the initial firmware so maybe I'll try upgrading that too and see if it happens to fix it.

Curious if anyone has been experiencing intermittent rebooting while their A129 is in use? Mine was rock solid since installing but what's started recently is while driving around you'll hear the cam make the boot up sound as if it was just being turned on. And it'll do it even while on a perfectly smooth road so bumps and such aren't causing a connection to lose contact and remake contact again.

I've been running mine off a Cellink Neo since initial install and recently I installed 2 expansion packs for the Neo for longer runtime. I'm going to double and triple check all connection but just wondering if anyone else experienced this and if they found a solution. I'm also on the initial firmware so maybe I'll try upgrading that too and see if it happens to fix it.
I get that when I turn the ignition off and my Megtec charger switches from car power to powerbank power. It only needs a very short power interruption to trigger an A129 restart 20 seconds later, could be your Neo changing expansion banks? I suggest you drive with it on the standard lighter socket charger for a few trips to see if it is your power supply or not...

I get that when I turn the ignition off and my Megtec charger switches from car power to powerbank power. It only needs a very short power interruption to trigger an A129 restart 20 seconds later, could be your Neo changing expansion banks? I suggest you drive with it on the standard lighter socket charger for a few trips to see if it is your power supply or not...
I was thinking about that Nigel but each time it did it the pack was around 90-85% fully charged so it would have still been on one pack, if that's how they even work when daisy chained together. Good idea about powering it 'regular' while on a drive(s) and see if it does it. I'm also going to double check the connections for the hell of it but it's too odd it'd just start now after adding on the two expansion packs. Unless there's some bug with the new firmware that had to be installed on the main Neo pack to enable the expansion packs.

I have mine on a neo and it's been rock solid. Only odd thing I get is it will switch from parking mode to driving mode after a few hours and stay in that state for over an hour even though the car is stationary the whole time, then randomly go back into parking mode.

I'd say this is an issue with the cam firmware rather than the neo.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

would getting the CPL filters get rid of the dash reflections? Also what program are you guys using to zoom in on license plate etc. I tried playing my videos through VLC player but I can't zoom or anything. Am I missing something?

Back