Viofo A129

Have they released what values the cut-off can be set to? I've read that you don't want the voltage to go much below 12.4V in order to preserve the life of the battery. (I'm still learning about dashcams :))

11.6 to 12.4 I suppose.

12.4 won't give you much recording time. Been using 12V with the VPP, works well for my set up.

Day and night sample videos from my pre-release A129, with an A119 CPL fitted to the rear camera.
PIP video created in VSDC video editor. Rear camera video cropped to remove top and bottom 25%.

Sample PIP video frames

Daytime (WDR on)
2018-06-04 A129 Duo.mov_20180605_174829.097.jpg

2018-06-04 A129 Duo.mov_20180605_174450.461.jpg

Night (WDR off)
2018-05-31 A129 Duo.mov_20180605_175147.273.jpg

2018-05-31 A129 Duo.mov_20180605_174954.707.jpg

Last edited:
Day and night sample videos from my pre-release A129, with an A119 CPL fitted to the rear camera.
PIP video created in VSDC video editor. Rear camera video cropped to remove top and bottom 25%.

Looking good. Any chance we could get a video sample we can download so we can see it without YouTube compression? I definitely want to get a good comparison between it and my DR750S.

Looking good. Any chance we could get a video sample we can download so we can see it without YouTube compression? I definitely want to get a good comparison between it and my DR750S.
Yes, I can do that. I normally upload an original to my MEGA account but ran out of time today. It takes about 2 hours for me to upload both videos.

Download links now included for my PiP videos (see above)
I have decided not to share the original A129 files since I have a pre-release camera that is running on pre-release firmware.
I am sure that new A129 owners will soon be uploading their own videos for everyone to see.

Last edited:
PIP video created in VSDC video editor.

Gentlemen, lay out the originals of the video, without processing.
You can cut a video of 200MB in the Registrator Viewer , without loss of quality.
What are the data in the original video at bit rate?

Безымянный.jpg

Gentlemen, lay out the originals of the video, without processing.
You can cut a video of 200MB in the Registrator Viewer , without loss of quality.
What are the data in the original video at bit rate?

View attachment 38667
As mentioned above, I prefer not to offer the original file for download and copy since it is from a pre-release camera with beta FW.

However, I can share the video details that you requested:
1528323324172.png
1528323284939.png

Reactions: gse
So, those that have them... (I got mine today) how does parking mode work, when enabled? My 12v port, and lighter port in my truck are always hot, so not being switched, how does the cam know when to go into parking mode when enabled?

The manual wasn't too helpful

My 12v port, and lighter port in my truck are always hot, so not being switched,
It means that dash cam still keep normal recording even if your engine off since it can offer 12V always on power source to dashcam!

So, those that have them... (I got mine today) how does parking mode work, when enabled? My 12v port, and lighter port in my truck are always hot, so not being switched, how does the cam know when to go into parking mode when enabled?

The manual wasn't too helpful

Currently the parking mode feature is same as A119 series.

There will be a new hardwire kits which support ACC detection, it will support camera switch from normal recording to parking mode recording.
This require to use this new hardwire kits and parking mode feature will be updated via firmware.

So, those that have them... (I got mine today) how does parking mode work, when enabled?
@viofo is right that it works the same way as the A119, but since you are new here you may not know how the A119 works!

I have used parking mode on my A129 test sample by using a powerbank, which is like your constant 12v power as far as the camera is concerned.

After about three minutes without motion, the camera enters parking mode and waits in standby mode. It then uses motion detection (watching the scene) and starts a time lapse recording for a short duration if it sees any movement, then goes back into standby. When you start driving again, the camera stops parking mode and goes back to normal recording mode.

You can test this yourself by turning off the screen saver and sitting in the car when parked. Watch the screen after about 3 minutes and see what it does.

@viofo is right that it works the same way as the A119, but since you are new here you may not know how the A119 works!

I have used parking mode on my A129 test sample by using a powerbank, which is like your constant 12v power as far as the camera is concerned.

After about three minutes without motion, the camera enters parking mode and waits in standby mode. It then uses motion detection (watching the scene) and starts a time lapse recording for a short duration if it sees any movement, then goes back into standby. When you start driving again, the camera stops parking mode and goes back to normal recording mode.

You can test this yourself by turning off the screen saver and sitting in the car when parked. Watch the screen after about 3 minutes and see what it does.
Sweet, so it's time based. Thanks!

There will be a new hardwire kits which support ACC detection, it will support camera switch from normal recording to parking mode recording.
This require to use this new hardwire kits and parking mode feature will be updated via firmware.

When do you expect the new hardwire kit for ACC detection to be available? Thanks.

For those who ordered and received the dual A129 from the UK, did you get stung by import duty/charges?
If so, how much was it please?!

When do you expect the new hardwire kit for ACC detection to be available? Thanks.
Around one month.
Is there a chance it will support pre buffered recording?

The a119 parking mode works ok in its current state but I find when it moves from time lapse to full recording from either an impact or the car driving away there is about 6-10 seconds delay where footage is lost.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Great review and great post. Thanks for doing it. I'm pretty sure i'll be ordering this camera as price is right and picture is clear and sharp. Three questions if i may. Thank you in advance.

OP did you test if 256GB card works well in this camera. In A119 i believe that's max amount that is listed so i'm wondering if that will work?

Can brightness (ISO) be adjusted higher for night footage?

Also OP do you know max recording time in hours on 128 GB sd card?

Back