Viofo A129

Not according to Viofo's site.

CPL for VIOFO A118C2 / A119 /A119S / A119 Pro Dash Camera (not compatible with A129 Duo)
Viofo CPL Filter

They probably meant to edit the A119 series GPS mount listing and mistakenly edited the CPL filter listing.

Fits like a glove!

IMG_0953.png

The current CPL does not work with the A129. The current CPL causes vignetting in the corners of on the A129. Viofo is currently working on a new CPL.

Please excuse my ignorance. Actually I didn't get a chance to mount it in the car.

The main unit stopped working a day after starting the A129 thread. Meant to share what went wrong after the returned unit is inspected by VIOFO's engineers, no word yet.

Last edited:
My A119 CPL did cause some slight vignetting on the A129 front camera. The lens housing is the same for the rear camera too. However I am still using the A119 CPL on the A129 rear camera as it's only a very slight vignette that's barely noticeable. I think it looks better than not using a filter at all, so it can see through the windscreen of the car behind me.

Last edited:
It looks on the official website that there aren’t any extra non-GPS mounts included, has anyone confirmed this? It would be a pity, since those aren’t yet for sale either.

It looks on the official website that there aren’t any extra non-GPS mounts included, has anyone confirmed this? It would be a pity, since those aren’t yet for sale either.
The non-GPS mounts are not ready yet. Looks like a few more weeks until the non-GPS version will be ready. Not sure if they will include non-GPS mounts in the A129 GPS version in the future.

Can you still disable the speed indicator that the GPS puts in the video? Related to this question, even if you disable the speed stamp in the video, can the speed still be retrieved if someone had access to the file?

Heard there will be a new hardwire kit for the A129 with 3 wires. Will be different from the A119 hardwire kit.

Can you still disable the speed indicator that the GPS puts in the video? Related to this question, even if you disable the speed stamp in the video, can the speed still be retrieved if someone had access to the file?
Speed display, GPS coordinates display, and time display have independent on/off settings.

Can't be certain what data is stored in the video, but as long as there is an image then speed can always be calculated. If you are really paranoid then don't get the GPS version, although for most people the GPS version is worth having just so that the clock is always correct for the file timestamps.

On my A119S I have GPS switched on and the GPS info set to co-ordinates only, but when I playback video through Replay 3 it shows the speed I was travelling at correctly anyway. As long as GPS is switched on I think you can find out the speed easily enough, even without GPS they could calculate it if they really want to although it would be harder.

Just got the email to say my A129 has been dispatched which was quick.

On my A119S I have GPS switched on and the GPS info set to co-ordinates only, but when I playback video through Replay 3 it shows the speed I was travelling at correctly anyway. As long as GPS is switched on I think you can find out the speed easily enough, even without GPS they could calculate it if they really want to although it would be harder.

Where did you order from buddy? Could you please post a link?! :)

Can't seem to find any UK distributors of this unit just yet.

I just ordered it directly from the Viofo website.

If GPS is switched on then I would expect it to record the data in the file. You can always strip it out if you don't want to pass it on to other people.

The setup might be the same, or might depend on if you use the LCD setup or the app, not sure. But, if you have the coordinates displayed then it is a really easy calculation to get the speed so I don't see any reason to display the coordinates only...

Mine shipped from Viofo as well. I ordered another CPL filter for it before I realized it a new one was coming out. :eek:

Speed display, GPS coordinates display, and time display have independent on/off settings.

Can't be certain what data is stored in the video, but as long as there is an image then speed can always be calculated. If you are really paranoid then don't get the GPS version, although for most people the GPS version is worth having just so that the clock is always correct for the file timestamps.
If GPS is switched on then I would expect it to record the data in the file. You can always strip it out if you don't want to pass it on to other people.

The setup might be the same, or might depend on if you use the LCD setup or the app, not sure. But, if you have the coordinates displayed then it is a really easy calculation to get the speed so I don't see any reason to display the coordinates only...

Thanks for the info, Nigel! That helps a lot

New kit will support selectable presets for low voltage cut-off.

Have they released what values the cut-off can be set to? I've read that you don't want the voltage to go much below 12.4V in order to preserve the life of the battery. (I'm still learning about dashcams :))

Back