Viofo A129

The A129 can support 256GB cards.
Also the A119 and A119S should support in latest FW, anyone tried it yet?

nice, the manual only says it supports 128GB, so 256GB is supported then :)

Capture Your Action now has the A129 DUO in stock. Available for purchase on the Capture Your Action website as well as Amazon and eBay.

Capture Your Action now has the A129 DUO in stock. Available for purchase on the Capture Your Action website as well as Amazon and eBay.

I wish you posted that little earlier. I'm trying to cancel the order from viofo so i can order directly from you as shipping will be faster. I'm assuming you have this in stock and ready to ship. Thank you.

I also see it listed from you on ebay but it's not yet on amazon.

P.S What is the deal with hardwire kit. It's different then A119 hardware kit correct and it's NOT available yet for sale correct? Any date on that?

I wish you posted that little earlier. I'm trying to cancel the order from viofo so i can order directly from you as shipping will be faster. I'm assuming you have this in stock and ready to ship. Thank you.

P.S What is the deal with hardwire kit. It's different then A119 hardware kit correct and it's NOT available yet for sale correct? Any date on that?
Yes, I have them in my sight and ready to ship.

It's listed on Amazon, I just double checked. Search Viofo A129 and it may be a couple of listings down.

The hardwire kit for the A129 is about a month out I guess.

Couple of observations from receiving the A129, it's not fitted yet. Well packaged like other Viofo cameras. Main camera is pretty much identical to A119 just minor differences such as layout of the buttons and connectors. Rear camera is a nice compact size and the mount is wide but not tall so it's perfect for the rear screen as the mount fits between the heating elements on my car no problem. Rear camera cable is very chunky with chunky connectors too, meaning it will be slightly harder to do a neat install but I assume the thick cable is due to the length and needs to be this size for reliability.

Rear camera cable is very chunky with chunky connectors too, meaning it will be slightly harder to do a neat install but I assume the thick cable is due to the length and needs to be this size for reliability.
You don't want a thin cable for FHD video, bad for image transmission and bad for causing radio interference.

I recommend you try to run it straight above the roof lining, if you remove your interior lamp and can gain a small amount of access at the rear and push a thin stick (bamboo) through to the interior lamp area then it is easy to get the wire through without dismantling much and get a neat result. If you have a shark-fin antenna on your vehicle then after getting the cable through, try to push it to the side and away from the shark-fin.

@Nigel Hola. PM sent buddy.

Paul.

Viofo shipping shouldn't take more than 5 days with DHL. my experience with them was relatively quick. This was as soon as they released the A129.

Items still not released for the A129:
CPL Filter. (You can use the 119s CPL filter but it allegedly causes vignetting on the camera) Both front and rear cameras will take a CPL filter.
BT Remote.
Hardwire kit
Standalone GPS mount
non-gps Mount

Yeah, they did a solid for some few first buyers who ordered shortly after it went live and shipped it expedited as a courtesy, probably hoping they’d generate some hype for it by posting here, on reddit, YouTube etc.

Don’t always expect that. I pre-ordered my a119 Pro direct from viofo... Never again. Took forever to get and I would have had it considerably sooner had I just waited to buy from a seller on Amazon who shipped it Prime.

Last edited:
The current CPL does not work with the A129. The current CPL causes vignetting in the corners of on the A129. Viofo is currently working on a new CPL.
Hey...1st cam, first post. Woohoo.

I just yesterday purchased the A129 from CaptureYourAction off Amazon and it shipped real freaking quick so THANK YOU for that. Is there any way for you to notify me when the filter comes available...and possibly the hardwire kit? If not, I can certainly continue to check, but may be a while, right?

Hey...1st cam, first post. Woohoo.

I just yesterday purchased the A129 from CaptureYourAction off Amazon and it shipped real freaking quick so THANK YOU for that. Is there any way for you to notify me when the filter comes available...and possibly the hardwire kit? If not, I can certainly continue to check, but may be a while, right?
Thanks for your order!

Private message me your email and I'll certainly try to remember to contact you when the CPL and hardwire kit becomes available. Otherwise, you can just check in from time to time on this site, as it will certainly be posted as soon as it's available.

The hardwire kit is about 1 month out, last I checked. Not sure on the CPL, I'll have to check.

Now in stock! (Fulfilled By Amazon/Prime stock after the weekend) All Pre-Orders are also now shipped, USPS Priority Mail tracking will update shortly.

1529098610979.png

Last edited:
You don't want a thin cable for FHD video, bad for image transmission and bad for causing radio interference.

I recommend you try to run it straight above the roof lining, if you remove your interior lamp and can gain a small amount of access at the rear and push a thin stick (bamboo) through to the interior lamp area then it is easy to get the wire through without dismantling much and get a neat result. If you have a shark-fin antenna on your vehicle then after getting the cable through, try to push it to the side and away from the shark-fin.

Hi Nigel, I like your idea of a thin bamboo stick, it's tough (should be able to get it in long lengths) and can be machined on the end for a hook or hole for the wire insertion, but where do you get bamboo sticks?:cool:

Hi Nigel, I like your idea of a thin bamboo stick, it's tough (should be able to get it in long lengths) and can be machined on the end for a hook or hole for the wire insertion, but where do you get bamboo sticks?:cool:

A Chinese/Asian restaurant? :)

The garden, where else would you grow them? :D

Also available in garden centres.

Not sure about the hook, it might get hooked on something. I use duck tape to pull the cable behind the stick, so it is attached inline with nothing to catch on obstacles.

Bamboo stick should be great for poking a hole in your roof lining

Here we use the hard plastic yellow tongue that comes from tongue and groove flooring

Bamboo stick should be great for poking a hole in your roof lining

Here we use the hard plastic yellow tongue that comes from tongue and groove flooring
Bamboo is pretty good at transferring the feel of what it is pushing against back to your hand, so you don't tend to poke holes in things, much better than more flexible or heavier things. Must be plenty of alternatives though.

Back