VIOFO's A119S

1-я попытка удалить аудио с видео не удалась.
Вкладывайте видео на Google Диску и Dropbox, учитесь!
Ютуб пережимает видео, для понятия нужен оригинал.

Checked the ANALYTICS tab on the YT account after a while, Traffic Sources and Playback Locations suggests a change from more or less views exclusively through videos embedded on DCT to views coming from YT search and the Suggestions feature.

Got me thinking about the videos Youtube's encoding ruins. The uninitiated looking for video samples might think that what they see on YT is the actual video quality. :eek:

Added what's mentioned below and the RAW file link to the video page and plan on doing so for all videos posted henceforth.

Encoding by YT introduces varying degrees of artefacts/pixelation in the rendered video (depends on the scene being recorded and lighting conditions). Download the RAW file linked below to view the original video quality.

Original RAW file download link -

Now the question is, if people do actually check what's typed/pasted below the publishing date. :unsure:

Last edited:
Now the question is, if people do actually check what's typed/pasted below the publishing date. :unsure:
Quite a few will read it, very few will actually download the original, most would expect the original to be almost identical to the YT version despite what you tell them!

THANK YOU for this video link! w00t! Helped a TON.

I''m seeing a lot of purple in the lower half of the frame. Did you remove the protective sticker from the lens and both sides of the CPL (if attached)?

I think so, but I'll double check in a moment. I remember removing 2 protective sticker from CPL and one from the lens.

Isn't playing at 1080/60. Did you use any video editor before the upload?

No. Just uploaded it to YouTube. I think I set it to record at 1080/16 but I'll double check that in the setting. BTW, a 3 min video size is around 330 MB.

Point the lens a notch lower, should improve the exposure.

Will do.

RAW file will give a better picture (pun not intended).

Will try uploading few RAW videos to Dropbox and will share the link here.

Something does seem off. Confirm whether the lens and filter protectors were removed.

Yes, they are removed. I double checked and even cleaned the lens and CPL with a soft microfiber cloth. The windshield is clean in and out. Did you look at the 'Afternoon' footage? It's better than what was recorded in the evening and night. I am clueless what's wrong!

I am not sure if this could be related. When I was mounting the cam on the windshield (GPS attached), I applied little force so that the 3M sticker sticks well on the windshield ( I hope that's normal), there was some static noise seen on the screen for a second and the cam turned off (no power). I thought the USB cable might be loose so to double check, I plugged the cam to Cigarette lighter using the longer cable, but again no power.

I gently tapped at the back of the cam twice/thrice and power came back. The cam is currently mounted on the windshield and is powered via the hardwire kit. No power issues since then whatsoever. Do you guys think there could be some loose connection inside the cam?

Yes, they are removed. I double checked and even cleaned the lens and CPL with a soft microfiber cloth. The windshield is clean in and out. Did you look at the 'Afternoon' footage? It's better than what was recorded in the evening and night. I am clueless what's wrong!

The afternoon clip wasn't there earlier. Does look better, must've been the lighting conditions due to the weather.

Have you updated the firmware?

I am not sure if this could be related. When I was mounting the cam on the windshield (GPS attached), I applied little force so that the 3M sticker sticks well on the windshield ( I hope that's normal), there was some static noise seen on the screen for a second and the cam turned off (no power). I thought the USB cable might be loose so to double check, I plugged the cam to Cigarette lighter using the longer cable, but again no power.

I gently tapped at the back of the cam twice/thrice and power came back. The cam is currently mounted on the windshield and is powered via the hardwire kit. No power issues since then whatsoever. Do you guys think there could be some loose connection inside the cam?

Is your's a V1 or V2?

Pressing it too hard could've momentarily dislodged the connection between the mounting mechanism on the camera and the mount.

It's V2. The current firmware is v1.7 and was preinstalled.

Streaking and excessive haloing from streetlights and headlights points to a dirty windscreen on the inside, try cleaning it again from the inside.

The camera is vibrating while going over potholes and road joints in the afternoon clip, use the supplied EVA foam pad.

The camera is vibrating while going over potholes and road joints in the afternoon clip, use the supplied EVA foam pad.

How do I use the EVA foam pad? Do I need to remove the GPS unit which is stuck to the Windshield?

Nevermind! Saw a new thread on this forum about how to use the EVA foam pad. Really helpful.

Не так много, слишком много отражений от приборной панели.
Отражение и мыло при расфокусе, разные вещи, мы говорим только о расфокусе.
Замена прибора проблемы не решит, если в нем не будет установлен металлический холдер.

Замена прибора проблемы не решит, если в нем не будет установлен металлический холдер.

I'd disagree, seems to be a case of a bad unit or batch during production.

About the soft focus or it shifting, the unit I'm using weathered Delhi's 2017 summer with flying colours, sat under direct sunlight while recording for around two hours or more on several occasions, temperatures ranged from 42 - 48° C.

You should get yours replaced, if that's still an option.

Сидело под прямым солнечным светом при записи в течение двух часов или более в несколько раз, температура колебалась от 42 до 48 ° C.
Вы свой вксрывали? , Какой холдер?

партии во время производства.

В первых партиях устанавливался металлический холдер! Это доказанный факт!
Потом Viofo перешли на пластик, от которого все проблемы с фокусом и это тоже доказанный факт.

Вы свой вксрывали? , Какой холдер?

Don't know, haven't had a reason to crack it open.

В первых партиях устанавливался металлический холдер! Это доказанный факт!
Потом Viofo перешли на пластик, от которого все проблемы с фокусом и это тоже доказанный факт.

Let's forward this one to @viofo

Back