What car do you drive?

I insist on rear wheel drive.
I always have as well. I would like to give something AWD a try, but after using a front wheel drive car to take my test and learn in never again. Some ride nice, but I just feel better being pushed then pulled.

I've had five all wheel drive cars, 4 Subaru 1 Mitsubishi, great cars, great in the wet too
I've been driving nothing but 4WD/AWD vehicles since 1995. You'll never get me into anything else - well worth the minimal hit on fuel mileage. They handle all road conditions better than anything I've driven in a comparable body style.

I've been driving nothing but 4WD/AWD vehicles since 1995.

The only AWD vehicle I ever owned was a GMC Syclone. One of only around 2,000 ever built. All made in 1991. Nearly all in black. 330bhp @ 1 bar boost as delivered to the dealers. 0-60mph in 4.6 & 1/4 mile in 13.5. In 1991 no car could touch that, save for the twin-turbo Porsche 959. Happy days :)

image.jpg

The only AWD vehicle I ever owned was a GMC Syclone....:)

My current ride. My father used to work in the plant building them and always said he regretted never owning one. My neighbor sells them so I got a really good deal on it. I've always heard people say they seldom regret things they did, but always regretted things they didn't do. At least now I won't have the same regrets my father did.

AWD, HP - 308, Torque - 265, 6 speed auto with manual mode, adaptive variable suspension. Luxury ride that's fun to drive and can be pushed pretty hard.

Copy.jpg

Last edited:
I was sat in the back of one of those E46 M3's as my mate brought us back from Manchester to Chesterfield - I remember having a few bruises afterwards as he liked to show his drifting skills!!

It's not to bad on petrol on the motorway if I stick to between 75-80mph I get 30 mpg

'13 WRX sedan. I would've just bought something with FWD if I didn't live in New England but makes a huge difference on the way it drives in snow and how the rear doesn't whip out like FWD does even with snow tires. Fun car :)

my car back in 2012 after a dodge ram coming down hill ran a stop sign and t boned me. I was going from right to left, no stop sign for me. My car slid about 40 feet and about 120 degrees. was pretty scary.

I had used a sony cybershot as a dash cam and a few apps at that point but I was not using anything at the time since I gave up on those solutions.

Cost over $11,400US to fix plus the rental car for 45 days was $1600, all on the dodge rams insurance.

Attachments

• IMG_0746.JPG
    IMG_0746.JPG
    249.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0747.JPG
    IMG_0747.JPG
    251.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0748.JPG
    IMG_0748.JPG
    176.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0749.JPG
    IMG_0749.JPG
    239.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0751.JPG
    IMG_0751.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 27
It's not to bad on petrol on the motorway if I stick to between 75-80mph I get 30 mpg

One of my friends who is fan of M3 and M5, once said as a joke: "It's a sin to drive this beauty within legal speed limits."

One of my friends who is fan of M3 and M5, once said as a joke: "It's a sin to drive this beauty within legal speed limits."
The same can be said for any performance car.

The trouble is it's so easy to go over the speed limit when you are enjoying a good drive out

New on the left, old on the right

969bd9d001aeab9b13fdfc2665e7d335.jpg

Love those 101 models, its the one landrover i have never tried to drive, or fix somthing broken on while lying on my back in a puddle of mud :D

I've had five all wheel drive cars, 4 Subaru
I've been driving nothing but 4WD/AWD vehicles since 1995. You'll never get me into anything else - well worth the minimal hit on fuel mileage. They handle all road conditions better than anything I've driven in a comparable body style.
I've learned on FWD and then got into and wouldn't drive anything but RWD.
Now that I have joined camp Subaru I wish I would have moved here years ago.

Back