When i will able to buy viofo a119 ?

Preliminary observations on A119 #2 with GPS

I hooked up the A119 to Battery Bank to set the menu :

A - When hooked to Cam side Mini USB, it allowed the cam to record without GPS.
When 119 is connected to PC, it gives the only access to Clips/Storage (side Cam-PC).

B - When hooked up to the GPS Mount, every item in the menu was set up and remained set (including Date/Time) after restart... and its only other function, is to use/power camera with GPS... Cannot access Storage.
if I try to make connection with: mini USB GPS mount to PC, it continues to record only, and does not show storage (It acts as a power source only).

Last edited:
Connecting the A119 to a PC is normal to only give you access to clips/storage and nothing more.

I'm not too sure about the GPS mount since I do not have the GPS model. If you're powering the unit via PC, it is limited to storage mode most likely. Power bank, car adapter, etc. should be fine. If you have the GPS mount, be sure to plug in the mini USB to the GPS unit instead of the side port on the camera.

Connecting the A119 to a PC is normal to only give you access to clips/storage and nothing more.

I'm not too sure about the GPS mount since I do not have the GPS model. If you're powering the unit via PC, it is limited to storage mode most likely. Power bank, car adapter, etc. should be fine. If you have the GPS mount, be sure to plug in the mini USB to the GPS unit instead of the side port on the camera.

I pretty much got the hang of it, unless I press the wrong button.
I have the GPS but I don't think I am going to use it: you have to use certain force, to slide it in and to slide it out (specially when attached to the windshield)
I guess they made it that way, to make sure the Pins made contact with the 4 golden plates on the CAM.

Sorry if this has been answered already but I couldn't find it. Is the lens on the A119 glass or plastic?

I think someone posted about this before, but is there any warranty with buying the a119 from spytec?

I think someone posted about this before, but is there any warranty with buying the a119 from spytec?
I think @spytec has a 90 day warranty but it's probably best to search for "spytec warranty" or just send them a pm (conversation) on the forum. Or maybe check their website. I think it's spytecinc.com or something like that.

I think @spytec has a 90 day warranty but it's probably best to search for "spytec warranty" or just send them a pm (conversation) on the forum. Or maybe check their website. I think it's spytecinc.com or something like that.
They write clearly about the warranty on their site.
For A119 products, if there is some issue the re-sellers can not solve, we can do some kind of warranty.

1 year confirmed by a Spytec Rep here in this Forum.

Here some 1 min clips to compare: Ausdom A261/A119/Vantrue R2 with comparable prices: $100.

Last edited:
Comparing A261/Viofo119/Vantrue R2 (Resolution:1920x1080):

Hi guys,

Completely new to the site though I have been reading a ton of the forum. I'm thinking of getting the A119 (tough toss up w going cheaper with the G1W-CB ) but like others unsure if I should wait for the A119 S if I do commit to the a119. If I do decide to get the A119 -GPS, I'm having trouble deciding where to buy from.

I'm based in Canada and I did check Viofo's site on retailers and I know Spy Tec sells on Amazon.ca but their store is not showing A119-C... The retailer selling it is named "BAIKLOV"?

I would order it from Foxoffer but I also don't want to wait a month to get the unit (didn't see an option to calc faster shipping though I may be blind )...

Captureyouraction based on Viofo also doesn't have the GPS Option avail.

Seems to be a recurring theme not to go with Gearbest but on their site, it looks like I can pay an extra $10 to get it in 2 weeks...has anyone elected to do this and had problems still?

I've never ordered from any of the above mentioned retailers so no experience any which way. I would prefer North America if possible, just because I figure it's faster

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as to where to buy if I decide NOT to wait for the A119S, preferably with an earlier arrival (willing to pay for expedited shipping but not more than $15)

Hi guys,

Completely new to the site though I have been reading a ton of the forum. I'm thinking of getting the A119 (tough toss up w going cheaper with the G1W-CB ) but like others unsure if I should wait for the A119 S if I do commit to the a119. If I do decide to get the A119 -GPS, I'm having trouble deciding where to buy from.

I'm based in Canada and I did check Viofo's site on retailers and I know Spy Tec sells on Amazon.ca but their store is not showing A119-C... The retailer selling it is named "BAIKLOV"?

I would order it from Foxoffer but I also don't want to wait a month to get the unit (didn't see an option to calc faster shipping though I may be blind )...

Seems to be a recurring theme not to go with Gearbest but on their site, it looks like I can pay an extra $10 to get it in 2 weeks...has anyone elected to do this and had problems still?

I've never ordered from any of the above mentioned retailers so no experience any which way. I would prefer North America if possible, just because I figure it's faster

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as to where to buy if I decide NOT to wait for the A119S, preferably with an earlier arrival (willing to pay for expedited shipping but not more than $15)
Thanks for interesting for A119, SpyTec will have A119 in Amazon.ca soon, please kindly wait about 5 to 8 days.

Hi guys,

I do have the GPS version available, the GPS mount is just listed separately. I don't sell on Amazon.ca though. I do ship to Canada through my website.

Last edited:
bought mine from foxoffer. got to California in a week with the free shipping option. not too bad at all.

Am thinking of buying one of these. Can anyone recommend a uk seller or at least a seller that is reliable that will send to the uk?

Am thinking of buying one of these. Can anyone recommend a uk seller or at least a seller that is reliable that will send to the uk?
You can buy it through Amazon UK ...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B01HMZVYLY
The seller, @spytec is in the USA. Not sure what happens if a fault arises after 30 days ... will Amazon say you have to contact SpyTec & send it to the US at your expense?

Back