www.StreetGuardian.CAM & Amazon.com/streetguardian

whoo-hoo! 4000th post

Seems like it was just yesterday I hit 2000. Time flies when you're having DashCam fun.

Sv8yk9b.png

Last edited:
Thank you Jon for your help and advice!

I was happy to get in line for the SG9665GC.
I see the specs state max 64GB Micro SD card. I am hoping that the 128GB I just picked up will format okay in the unit though. I see limitations published often before the next gen cards are mainstream. Not a big deal either way.

Now I'm considering what to use for back window. Have seen many suggestions in the forum. The Innovv C3 120° wide angled lens set (Capacitor Edition) looks extra stealthy for that purpose. I could Velcro the base unit to the C pillar for easy access to the memory card.

The Mobius (wish you had them on your site Jon) is a viable candidate as well.
I believe it starts and stops automatically with power on/off to cord as long as it is set to do so-right?
I don't think it is offered with a capacitor version though. Another reason I would prefer the Innovv C3.

I am going to need a power cycle solution for my setup, as I have constant power to my DC outlets. I can use a switched socket multiplier, or a multi-USB plug (these don't come with separate switching that I have seen yet if any switching so may have to plug in/unplug as a habit=PITA.

Ideally-direct wiring to switched accessory fuses with a couple add a fuse kits. The concern here is voltage regulation step down from 12V to 5V. I don't think the Innovv is plug and play for direct wiring-or is it?

Whereas the SG9665GC looks like it may be 12V direct compatible with the right cord? The mini USB cord for power just goes to the DC plug. Suggestions?
I may need to get with an installer for direct wiring method(s).

Last edited:
Add a fuse kits simply extend the direct 12v power. The SG9665GC uses 5v USB power so you'll need an adapter. We will have some in stock in the future but no ETA. There are a few good ones on Amazon I'll come back and edit this when I get back at my computer.
EDIT: check one of >these<

The best secondary rear solution to add to the front SG9665GC is another SG9665GC or the new SGZC12RC

Last edited:
Add a fuse kits simply extend the direct 12v power. The SG9665GC uses 5v USB power so you'll need an adapter. We will have some in stock in the future but no ETA. There are a few good ones on Amazon I'll come back and edit this when I get back at my computer.
EDIT: check one of >these<

The best secondary rear solution to add to the front SG9665GC is another SG9665GC or the new SGZC12RC

Hi I'm new to this forum, even tho i've been lurking for sometime. I'm interested in the Street Guardian SG9665GC and would like to know when do you expect to start shipping?
Thanks

Fred

The Mobius (wish you had them on your site Jon) is a viable candidate as well. I believe it starts and stops automatically with power on/off to cord as long as it is set to do so-right? I don't think it is offered with a capacitor version though.

Mobius starts & stops automatically. The capacitor kit is a $6 extra. To install it requires a screwdriver & 5 minutes of your time.

Hi Fred Im expecting an incoming shipment in the next week. I'll know the exact ETA very soon.
Thanks for the quick response. I'll keep an eye out. Also, I'd be interested in the discount code mentioned in an earlier post, that is if it will be offered on this new unit. One more question, can this unit be hardwired?

Thanks again.

Fred

Ok. I went onto your website and placed the order, but it never requested the discount. Maybe I missed it, just didn't see it.

Fred

I sent you a PM with instructions (check your inbox, upper right), but no problem, I manually applied the member GC pre-order discount. Check your email for confirmation.

I plan on attaching the SG9665GC so that it only works when the car is running and I really don't want to reset time/date every time I go for a ride. Does the GC require the use of the GPS in order to maintain the clock? Is there a way to maintain it without GPS?

Back