www.StreetGuardian.CAM & Amazon.com/streetguardian

I plan on attaching the SG9665GC so that it only works when the car is running and I really don't want to reset time/date every time I go for a ride. Does the GC require the use of the GPS in order to maintain the clock? Is there a way to maintain it without GPS?

it has a button cell for RTC, GPS will set the clock but it will maintain the time without it

is there a reason you don't want GPS, interested in your thinking

it has a button cell for RTC, GPS will set the clock but it will maintain the time without it

is there a reason you don't want GPS, interested in your thinking

I guess I just don't understand. Button cell for RTC?
as far as GPS, maybe it's my understanding of GPS ? Other than it's use w/ my cars Nav. for mapping out directions to an unknown or unfamiliar location I just don't get it. On top of that finding a location to put the antenna, since I plan to get another device for the rear (another antenna). The top on my car is removable which eliminates that, not a whole lot of room left especially in a 2 seater car not to mention all the wires that need to be hidden.
Now my real dumb question, just trying to understand the need: when out for a ride/trip, is the GPS used to identify and record where you've been? so that when you retrieve a saved file the information is recorded on that file? and if used in combination with a map (assuming googlemaps) you see where you were at the time?

Thanks

Fred

RTC = Real Time Clock

Yes GPS logs your trip, viewable on a map to correspond with your location in sync with the video, have a look at Registrator Viewer to better understand what that's about

I guess I just don't understand. Button cell for RTC?
as far as GPS, maybe it's my understanding of GPS ? Other than it's use w/ my cars Nav. for mapping out directions to an unknown or unfamiliar location I just don't get it. On top of that finding a location to put the antenna, since I plan to get another device for the rear (another antenna). The top on my car is removable which eliminates that, not a whole lot of room left especially in a 2 seater car not to mention all the wires that need to be hidden.
Now my real dumb question, just trying to understand the need: when out for a ride/trip, is the GPS used to identify and record where you've been? so that when you retrieve a saved file the information is recorded on that file? and if used in combination with a map (assuming googlemaps) you see where you were at the time?

Thanks

Fred

RTC = real time clock. Button cell keeps time and date in memory.
GPS = gps data logger, saves into video file your location and speed data. You can playback later via special PC viewer program to see whole route, speed and other data. Also GPS logger antenna helps to synchronise time and date via GPS data.

One of the most popular PC viewers is Registrator Viewer.

Below are tons of examples:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=registrator+viewer

RTC = Real Time Clock

Yes GPS logs your trip, viewable on a map to correspond with your location in sync with the video, have a look at Registrator Viewer to better understand what that's about

telepathy ? :)

I should have added the GPS is quite easy to hide away as well, we'll see about getting some practical examples of that arranged

I should have added the GPS is quite easy to hide away as well, we'll see about getting some practical examples of that arranged
Thanks... Yes, hiding away antenna is a concern especially when you start adding multiple units. Would be nice if there were a way to use or tap into the existing GPS antenna already in the car.
Thank you both for the explanation on whats being recorded, would be nice if you can selectively turn off certain features. I think the recording of speed can be detrimental.

Fred

PS: isn't it like the middle of the night in Australia?

Thanks... Yes, hiding away antenna is a concern especially when you start adding multiple units. Would be nice if there were a way to use or tap into the existing GPS antenna already in the car.
Thank you both for the explanation on whats being recorded, would be nice if you can selectively turn off certain features. I think the recording of speed can be detrimental.

Fred

PS: isn't it like the middle of the night in Australia?
The speed is not embedded in the video, even if we add that function later it will only be with a selectable on/off option

The GPS is not just an antenna, it contains the electronics also so not something you could interface with the existing antenna unfortunately

http://shop.pier28.com is now Beta Testing LIVE CHAT !

I (Jon) will receive messages via Trillian IM for Windows and iOS/iPhone if all goes well. (so far so good)

Look for the small pop-up tab/window in the lower right.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
We've done it again, the SG9665GC is sold out after the demand exceeded expectations. The next production is a double sized order so we hope to catch up soon. We can expect new stock by the end of September. (but we set the Amazon ship by date to show October for now)
We'll adjust the exact date after we know more.

I have my SG9665GC mounted in the front windshield above my rear view mirror and just under a dotted plastic strip that goes across the top center of the inner windshield. When the dash cam is on, I get FM interference, even on strong stations.

Is there any easy fix? My car is a 2007 Chevy Malibu Sedan, which has no external FM antenna rod. I thought the plastic strip was an antenna, but the antenna is integrated with the rear window defogger. So I am wondering about getting some DC inline filter. I am currently using a DC plug in for power (not hardwired into fuse box).

"Backglass Antenna (Sedan Only)

The AM-FM antenna is integrated with the
rear window defogger, located in the rear window."

@Pier28 will have updated power supplies with the next shipment that should sort this out for you, let them know to make sure you get yours replaced, they're still a few weeks away from being shipped but it's no problem to swap it out for you

I have my SG9665GC mounted in the front windshield above my rear view mirror and just under a dotted plastic strip that goes across the top center of the inner windshield. When the dash cam is on, I get FM interference, even on strong stations.

Is there any easy fix? My car is a 2007 Chevy Malibu Sedan, which has no external FM antenna rod. I thought the plastic strip was an antenna, but the antenna is integrated with the rear window defogger. So I am wondering about getting some DC inline filter. I am currently using a DC plug in for power (not hardwired into fuse box).

"Backglass Antenna (Sedan Only)

The AM-FM antenna is integrated with the
rear window defogger, located in the rear window."

This only happens on a handful of vehicles. (but even 1, is 1 too many) Thanks for the details so we can add the 2007 Chevy Malibu Sedan to the list. We have a universal fix coming in the next production later this month. I'll send you a PM to get your details so I can que up a replacement order. (check your inbox)

This only happens on a handful of vehicles. (but even 1, is 1 too many) Thanks for the details so we can add the 2007 Chevy Malibu Sedan to the list. We have a universal fix coming in the next production later this month. I'll send you a PM to get your details so I can que up a replacement order. (check your inbox)
Thank you for the prompt response and assistance! PM received and answered.

The Street Guardian SGZC12SS is on SALE! $169.95 USD

https://shop.pier28.com/index.php/dashcams/street-guardian-sgzc12ss.html

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B013L21VCO
Full Specs & Review:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...ion-of-rear-reversing-camera-recording.14926/

sgzc12ss-pro-2-jpg.18407

Last edited:
Back