Xiaomi Yi Custom firmware with lastest revision

I installed the firmware but didnt have any problems with wifi preview its smooth as it was before. Am I just lucky or did you change the preview bitrates in firmware :)

I installed the firmware but didnt have any problems with wifi preview its smooth as it was before. Am I just lucky or did you change the preview bitrates in firmware :)
It's a little higher than default 2mbps instead of 0.5/0.6 mbps

I was wondering if someone can help me with a problem I have with my Yi. The wifi button does not work on mine (due to an idiot friend cutting the ribbon by mistake when trying to do the lens fix), so I can't figure out a way to change any of my Yi's settings.

Is it possible to run a script that can change the output to 1080p 60fps? Or if it's possible to build a custom firmware that can default to that output? Also, I wasn't able to set the date and time, so I'm wondering if that can be set via script as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Very clever to give the cam to an idiot friend to do the lens fix...

You could use parts of this script here to enable wifi which gives you access again via your smartphone (where you can set the wifi to be on everytime you switch the cam on):
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/camera-wifi-in-client-mode-working-ash-script-inside.12239/

The problem is that the wifi will not work at all now, since the ribbon that connects the wifi to the board is ripped. I need some way to change settings without wifi, as wifi is no longer an option on my Yi. I'm hoping a script or custom firmware can somehow change the default settings to 1080p 60fps recording, instead of the default 1080p 30fps.

The following line should set it to the desired frame rate (plus high bit rate of 50Mbps)

writew 0xC05C1EE2 0x4248

About the time stamp I have no idea but if you really need that I'm sure you can do that afterwards with the vlc player.

The following line should set it to the desired frame rate (plus high bit rate of 50Mbps)

writew 0xC05C1EE2 0x4248

About the time stamp I have no idea but if you really need that I'm sure you can do that afterwards with the vlc player.

EDIT: Got it! I ran the camera wifi in client script and sure enough, that allowed me to access my camera's settings over wifi on my laptop. Huge thanks for suggesting it, SibiHH.

Last edited:
entry writew "writew 0xC05C1EE2 0x4248" slowed the recording bitrates than he had set it up to 50Mbps using the FW 1.1.0 :)
why?

Hi, thanks for custom firmware.

I installed the firmware for 35 bitrate but when i recording videos sometimes it's recording 28 bitrate or 31 bitrate or 32... etc..

I want to stuck on 35 mbit my videos.

How can i do it?

Hi all, I installed

custom_fw1.2.13_rev22L-23L.bin on my 23l Camera but when i choose 2k video, the max frame rate i can choose is 25fps Can you tell me how to change to 30fps?

edit to say, its because i chose pal - thanks

Last edited:
I also want a more cinematic look when recording.
A little bit like this

Which parameters do I have to change?

Thanks in advance guys. You are all really awesome. @Fried his fw really is stunning.

Can anyone tell me why my videos seem to split i just went out in car for 10 min test but the video split into 2 different files but there was no interruption on recording ? Thanks

Can anyone tell me why my videos seem to split i just went out in car for 10 min test but the video split into 2 different files but there was no interruption on recording ? Thanks
normally it splits when having 2gb, 7 minutes for 2k recordings per file.

I also want a more cinematic look when recording.
A little bit like this

Which parameters do I have to change?

Thanks in advance guys. You are all really awesome. @Fried his fw really is stunning.
if you're used with script, post your here and we will help you.. :)

Back