XIAOMI Yi ELF Files to Unbrick Camera

I have the same problem with my Xioyi. It's bricked in "red led way" and nothing seems to help. When i try to short it nothing happened, only one or two times I've seen an a spark and heard a typical windows sound when I touched black point (green arrow on picture), also red LED turned off then. I cannot also check if drivers are properly installed, device manager doesn't show anything as well as xiaomiUSB porgramm (0 devices founded). My camera is 23L and I'm not sure if cover plate is form metal or plastic..
http://postimg.org/image/d1h2oh2ih/

Attachments

• xiaoyi2.jpg
    xiaoyi2.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 92
I have the same problem with my Xioyi. It's bricked in "red led way" and nothing seems to help. When i try to short it nothing happened, only one or two times I've seen an a spark and heard a typical windows sound when I touched black point (green arrow on picture), also red LED turned off then. I cannot also check if drivers are properly installed, device manager doesn't show anything as well as xiaomiUSB porgramm (0 devices founded). My camera is 23L and I'm not sure if cover plate is form metal or plastic..
it's the green arrow of your image that show you the exact point of the resistor and then you have to put the next on the cover, but doesn't work in all points, put it like the picture in first post, I tried it many times until it works!

I established through DirectUSB the ELF file on the camera of audit 23L (the file took from 22L, as well as it was specified in the description).
After an inscription of "Done" I disconnect the camera from the personal computer. I try to turn on type already recovered camera, but 3 diodes light up again.

help me pleaseeee:(

Attachments

• smsMB6vPhlQ.jpg
    smsMB6vPhlQ.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 82
  • screen.png
    screen.png
    405.9 KB · Views: 92
Hi guys, i am tryin this right now.. but i am stucked on point 8.) (8) Press "Connect" button in the program. )

I dont think i have drivers installed and i cant instal them manualy, cause my Yi doesnt show up on device mannager...
How could i say i turned camera to DirectUSB mode properly? After short-cirtuit camera doesnt beep connected to PC, ring doesnt light.. only lights are on top led and wifi led.

Do i need to have sdCard instaled in camera to show it up in device mannager (i dont have card right now...)?

Is it working on win10?

I'm having trouble with YiSportCamUSB recognizing my camera. I short circuited my camera and my computer now recognizes it, and shows up under device manager as "Unknown device". Whenever I try to update its driver using the Xiaoyi folder like this, "C:\Program Files (x86)\XiaoYi",

I get an error message saying Ambarella Evaluation Board 1.2.3.0 doesn't contain digital signature information.
Am I doing anything wrong? Thanks for all the help to get to this point!

Same problem here :(

i'm still stuck on "0 device founded" too... trying everything, but had not experiencing differences

I'm having trouble with YiSportCamUSB recognizing my camera. I short circuited my camera and my computer now recognizes it, and shows up under device manager as "Unknown device". Whenever I try to update its driver using the Xiaoyi folder like this, "C:\Program Files (x86)\XiaoYi",

I get an error message saying Ambarella Evaluation Board 1.2.3.0 doesn't contain digital signature information.
Am I doing anything wrong? Thanks for all the help to get to this point!

Yes it's normal, I suppose you have Windows 8 or higher, you have to reboot disabling driver signature, go to setup, recovery and choose "advanced boot setup", then when reboot choose option 7 disable driver signature, now you have to put the cam in directusb mode to show up in device manager and reinstall driver's from the Xiaoyi folder, then it works!

Hi guys, i am tryin this right now.. but i am stucked on point 8.) (8) Press "Connect" button in the program. )

I dont think i have drivers installed and i cant instal them manualy, cause my Yi doesnt show up on device mannager...
How could i say i turned camera to DirectUSB mode properly? After short-cirtuit camera doesnt beep connected to PC, ring doesnt light.. only lights are on top led and wifi led.

Do i need to have sdCard instaled in camera to show it up in device mannager (i dont have card right now...)?

Is it working on win10?
you have to put it in directusb mode and Windows recognize as Unknown device then you have to reinstall the driver from xiaoyi folder as I explain in above post.

Need some help. I'm getting this:

Found 1 YDXJ device!
Init DRAM ok.
[0] Wait device re-init...
[0] Not found.
BLD execute failed.
[0] Failed!!

I tried using DirectUSB to EraseNand and it also fails.

Any ideas?

Well, i had the same problem but don't worry, you're on the right way ;-)

First, choose the right file (depending on serial number cam) to donwload on the combo box...

In order to do the update, you need 3 hands...:
one to keep power button pressed
the other to do a short-circuit on the board.
and your third hand to press connect (so i asked my wife to do that when i was ready)

In windows 7, i had noticed that my computer made the same sound to install a new driver when "the power/short-circuit" operation is done but it didn't find the driver...
So i've first installed the driver "ambarella manually 1.2.3" and finally windows found the driver (which was installed manualy).

Until, the driver was not intalled, i had a "fail" message even if the program found the device...

When the driver is installed, i removed my hands from the camera and i pressed download and it works i have "done" after few time.

After that, I've installed the last driver (september/october) on the cam (download it from Xiaomi : depending on serial number).
Remaming the file "firmware.bin" and put it on SD card "root".

Now, my camera operates normaly :)

Yes, right. I 've got these files from Xiaomi support.
Hi, for this elf files its mater wich firmware was installed before camera brick?
I haw Done with YiSportcam,but nothing appends, its don't starting,only small red lights.
P.S.now camera go to USB mode with normal push button,with out short-circuit and recognized by sportCAm
ONe day before I was changed lens but it was Ok.
next day when I start cam, its' starting beeping like firmware update and stopped work.
(any idea how to fix,пожалуста..)

Hi, for this elf files its mater wich firmware was installed before camera brick?
I haw Done with YiSportcam,but nothing appends, its don't starting,only small red lights.
P.S.now camera go to USB mode with normal push button,with out short-circuit and recognized by sportCAm
ONe day before I was changed lens but it was Ok.
next day when I start cam, its' starting beeping like firmware update and stopped work.
(any idea how to fix,пожалуста..)

SOLVED!!! next day did same orations and verify was filed.( but in few seconds I hear beep!!! its start to work.thank you for great possibility unbrick Yi.

Napięcie na nodze rezystor 0,71 V
czy to prawidłowo?

Stretching on the leg resistor 0.71 V
whether it correctly?

Last edited:
thanks cruz, the firmware file is useful

Po podłączeniu do PC zameldował się jako ambarella i bez zwarcia rezystor wgrał plik ELF
c30783b34482.png
niestety kamera dalej martwy

After connecting to the PC he registered as ambarella and without the short circuit the resistor accessed the file Elf

Attachments

• 2015-10-30_12h03_44.png
    2015-10-30_12h03_44.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Jeszcze to ... po połączeniu z directUSB połącz dioda pali na niebiesko

Still it... after the connection with directUSB connect the diode consumes on blue

Attachments

• 2015-10-30_13h40_56.png
    2015-10-30_13h40_56.png
    155.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
wyłącza się w trakcie ładowania ELF , połączenie rezystora z GND rozłącza połączenie z PC :(

in the course of loading an Elf is withdrawing, a connection with the PC is disconnecting connecting the resistor with GND: (

Last edited:
monolog in polish...i don't understand

Back