How do you prefer to contact a company to handle warranty related issues?

• Telephone

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Email

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • WebChat

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Social Media

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May purchase one if I see some more good reviews then!

Also I see Halfords are now advertising/selling the all new nextbase 512gw now with uprated specs from the 412gw basically

I have used polarising lenses for years to fantastic effect stopping 95% of the glare, they have never failed to get great results, you can get these as a simple flat plastic piece that could even be placed on screen for cams where it is awkward/impossible to fit a ring,, I am trying this with my F770, though it has to be said at least nextbase are doing something about the problem unlike others that cost a LOT more, who should certainly do this to start with.

Looks perfectly fitted @Frayxius let us know how you find the footage now its installed.

@Tony lovelock yes the lens rotates for you to choose the best position.

I may wait for this product to come down in price (perhaps bank holiday discount deal) or keep an on future reviews

Picked one up today as Halfords sent me a 25% code. Fits on nicely, remove the clear plastic protectors first & the adhesive backing then place onto the front. As it's black, it makes it a bit more discreet - still need to put some black tape over the rest of the front! Turn the dial makes the sky look significantly more blue.

Attachments

• IMG_20170518_144437.jpg
    IMG_20170518_144437.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20170518_144815.jpg
    IMG_20170518_144815.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 12
I've been using the new Nextbase Reflection Free Lens on my 312GW for a few weeks now and it works well - in all conditions, from full sun to unlit roads at night, and it does make a difference to the video footage.

Just one minor thing... I tend to clean this lens now and again with a micro fibre cloth, and in doing so, the cloth catches the little slots on the silver/grey locking ring, which holds the glass lens in position. Over time this appears to have loosened (unscrewed) the actual locking ring and it eventually fell out (lens n' all). Fortunately, there was no damage done, and it was just a matter of cleaning the glass lens and replacing it, together with the locking ring.

Incidentally, if the locking ring is unscrewed and the lens gets removed (accidentally or intentionally), there is a right and a wrong way to put the lens back in. If you put it in the wrong way when you come to 'tune' out any reflections by rotating the lens, nothing happens - put the lens back in the right way and it works a treat again! And don't over-tighten the locking ring either.

Last edited:
Thanks for review & update to the dash cam reflector rung, I will more than likely purchase one myself on the next pay day

Getting conflicting answers on Amazon to the following question, do any of the following dash cams, 312gw, 412gw and 512gw come with a sticky mount as well as the suction mount? There are printed dots at the top of the windscreen that prevent any suction mount from mounting there.

Have you got any updates on the new firmware update for the 412gw to turn of dual files? hope it will be with us soon :)

Don’t think the new update is released yet for the 412gw to remove the dual file recording option.

I purchased a nextbase polarised lens for my 412gw few weeks ago, but I have since removed it as the video quality in the early morning (dark) evenings were not very clear, much better without in my opinion!

It hasn't been released yet @Luke9 the development team have been made aware of how important this addition is.

I agree @Tony lovelock the filter is better in the summer.

Now that I have de attached the polarised lens from my 412gw how do I re apply back onto my lens in the summer months? As your need a thin ring of 3m adhesive tape for precise fitting lol

There should have been another ring in the box, if not I can post?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
152bobby Nextbase Other 1
B Nextbase Other 65
Back