Zenfox T3 Triple channel dash cams free test invitation, limited quantity

Sorry guys, just realised that I posted in the wrong thread. I'll remove my posts.

I think that "ACC" means "accessory" which implies that it's extra, not included.

Lots of Chinese websites and advertising pages seem to have poor translations to English, but it IS a very hard language to know and use well unless you grew up with it. And there are at least 3 major variations of it: UK, Australia, and US.

Always best to ask questions if you are not sure before buying, and to never presume that what you think is being said is what they actually intend ;) Glad to see the cams are arriving and looking forward to the test results.

Phil

(EDIT to add: Just looked at the sales page for the first time and it seems translated well compared to many- I fully understood it easily.)
ACC means the accessories on a vehicle, like lights, car audio or air conditioner, etc. ACC hardwire cable can detect the ACC signal, when the car engine is off, the camera can switch to parking mode automatically, it is more exact than based on GPS.

Here some info on the bitrates. The high and maximum bitrate has the same bitrates for interior and rear cams.

H.264 Low bit rate
Front cam: 2560x1440 30fps – Overall bit rate: 16.6 Mb/s. 119MB per 1min file.
Interior cam: 1920×1080 30fps – Overall bit rate: 8,462 kb/s. 60.6MB per 1min file.
Rear cam: 1920×1080 30fps – Overall bit rate: 8,473 kb/s. 60.6MB per 1min file.

H.264 Medium bit rate
Front cam: 2560x1440 30fps – Overall bit rate: 28.8 Mb/s. 206MB per 1min file.
Interior cam: 1920×1080 30fps – Overall bit rate: 12.5 Mb/s. 89.6MB per 1min file.
Rear cam: 1920×1080 30fps – Overall bit rate: 12.5 Mb/s. 89.7MB per 1min file.

H.264 High bitrate
Front cam: 2560x1440 30fps – Overall bit rate: 32.9 Mb/s. 235MB per 1min file.
Interior cam: 1920×1080 30fps – Overall bit rate: 16.6 Mb/s. 119MB per 1min file.
Rear cam: 1920×1080 30fps – Overall bit rate: 16.6 Mb/s. 119MB per 1min file.

H.264 Maximum bit rate
Front cam: 2560x1440 30fps – Overall bit rate: 46.1 Mb/s. 330MB per 1min file.
Interior cam: 1920×1080 30fps – Overall bit rate: 16.6 Mb/s. 119MB per 1min file.
Rear cam: 1920×1080 30fps – Overall bit rate: 16.6 Mb/s. 119MB per 1min file.

I can't seem to find the H.265 option. Maybe it's hidden like Viofo. Will try later when I'm in the car.
Please pause recording, press the MIC button for several seconds, there is an icon display on the screen.
T3 H.265.png

Not faulting Zen_Fox. Just hope a hardwire kit is sent out. Giving all us beta testers the best possible means to review each and every function the camera has to offer. I am very grateful Zen_Fox included me so please don't misconstrue my input as criticism Zen_Fox. I'm merely speaking from the perspective of wanting to offer you the most constructive innput humanly possible.
We are working on the hardwire kit, not sure the publishing time, the regular hardwire on the market is also suitable for T3. :)

We are working on the hardwire kit, not sure the publishing time, the regular hardwire on the market is also suitable for T3. :)

With the higher power draw of 3 cams, it would be wise to offer a HWK with ample capacity (like Viofo does with his cams) to reduce user problems. Many of the HWK's on offer today are not strong or have reliability problems in long term use.

Phil

With the higher power draw of 3 cams, it would be wise to offer a HWK with ample capacity (like Viofo does with his cams) to reduce user problems. Many of the HWK's on offer today are not strong or have reliability problems in long term use.

Phil

Plus mating 3rd party hardware with a product it's not rated for is a recipe for problems. I.E. Power draw of a Viofo was designed with their camera in mind. So putting that onto a T3 might cause erratic behavior. Which when we're beta testing, won't give an accurate reflection of problems, if the 3rd party hardwire kit is introducing issues otherwise not present.

Phil

I think you posted somewhere but cannot find. What is the power draw on the T3? And what is the Viofo hardwire kit rated for?

I think you posted somewhere but cannot find. What is the power draw on the T3? And what is the Viofo hardwire kit rated for?
Viofo HK3 is rated at 2 amps, T3 uses about 1.3 amps, maybe a bit more occasionally.

You have an HK3 cable on your windshield waiting to be tested...

Viofo HK3 is rated at 2 amps, T3 uses about 1.3 amps, maybe a bit more occasionally.

You have an HK3 cable on your windshield waiting to be tested...

If I recall properly, there are two versions of the Viofo HK3 kit. One sent out with the A129 Duo, then a later update, which is what the A129 Pro uses. How can you tell which HK3 kit you're using?

Well if I recall properly, there are two versions of the Viofo HK3 kit. One sent out with the A129 Duo, then a later update, which is what the A129 Pro uses. How can you tell which HK3 kit you're using?
Doesn't matter as long as it works!
Why do you have to make everything more complicated than it might actually be?
If you test it and encounter a problem, that is the time to look for explanations, and to report the problem.
If you create a virtual problem that prevents you even starting a test then we will make zero progress and be no more knowledgeable.

Doesn't matter as long as it works!
Why do you have to make everything more complicated than it might actually be?
If you test it and encounter a problem, that is the time to look for explanations, and to report the problem.
If you create a virtual problem that prevents you even starting a test then we will make zero progress and be no more knowledgeable.

Wasn't trying to make things complicated. I merely wanted to know how to determine which version I had. I believe the New Kit was redesigned because there were problems with the old kit causing static. So I was merely curious how to tell the difference....For testing purposes.

Ill test it out on the T3 camera once it arrives and see either way.

because there were problems with the old kit causing static.
You don't know that the old kit was causing static, only that the combination of A129 + old HK3 caused an issue.

The T3 may be able to cope with all versions of HK3, although I suspect that when Zenfox said "you can use other brand hardwire cable.", that was a challenge for you to find problems and prove him/her wrong...

Remember that a successful test is one that finds a problem ;)
If you don't find the problems then you have failed as a tester.

You don't know that the old kit was causing static, only that the combination of A129 + old HK3 caused an issue.

The T3 may be able to cope with all versions of HK3, although I suspect that when Zenfox said "you can use other brand hardwire cable.", that was a challenge for you to find problems and prove him/her wrong...

Remember that a successful test is one that finds a problem ;)
If you don't find the problems then you have failed as a tester.

Understood.

Back