Zenfox T3 Triple channel dash cams free test invitation, limited quantity

Just got my camera earlier today. Not yet taken out of the box:

1. Will the Sandisk High Ensurance be sufficient for the Triple Channel Zenfox. A2 Extreme, while TLC, was a solid card.
https://shop.westerndigital.com/pro...gh-endurance-uhs-i-microsd#SDSQQNR-032G-GN6IA

2. I will test out the camera using my Viofo Hardwire Kit briefly to see if it enters parking mode. If so, I'll order an HK3 kit and do a second hardwire to fuse box so I can run the Viofo A129 and T3 side by side.

Will the Sandisk High Ensurance be sufficient for the Triple Channel Zenfox.
Try it, find out, and document the result - all part of the testing...
Should be more than sufficient!

I think the sandisk endurance cards will be fine, but i am assuming here.

I set a new personal speed record thru the car wash.
high speed wash.jpg

Try it, find out, and document the result - all part of the testing...
Should be more than sufficient!

Well I'm hoping to get a card that "works". Going to order an SD card since the two I have (A2 Extremes) are both utilized in my Viofo A129s (one in each vehicle). Why I'm asking so I start this trial out on the right foot!

Will do a test with Hardwire Kit here shortly to see if itll enter parking mode. Im going to have to steal an SD card from one of the cameras to run this test though.

My 128 GB card are FAT 32 ( formatted in camera of course )

It is about ad dark outside as it get up here this time of the year, going for a drive to capture some low light in town footage.

So there's one issue I already discovered with how my current A129 Duo is hardwired vs T3. The Viofo Hardwire kit power plug must sit the opposite direction than it's intended to for the Viofo A129. I'll take a picture.

Well I'm hoping to get a card that "works". Going to order an SD card since the two I have (A2 Extremes) are both utilized in my Viofo A129s (one in each vehicle). Why I'm asking so I start this trial out on the right foot!

Will do a test with Hardwire Kit here shortly to see if itll enter parking mode. Im going to have to steal an SD card from one of the cameras to run this test though.
Class 10 minimum.
I suggest that it is also A1 rated minimum, but Zenfox has not specified that.

Until extended testing is done with each model, we have no way of knowing if there might be an incompatibility. Zenfox probably wants the testing to find any that don't work.

Also good to test both FAT32 and exFAT, check that they work.

I will format my next memory card to ex fat on the PC before i put it in the camera, the thoshiba have filled up now and are recycling files, so the day after tomorrow i will probably put the kingston endurance in for a longer test period.
I think i also formatted the toshiba card before i put it in the T3, it was in use in the Guard track GT65EX before this, make sense i would format it on the PC and so it should have been ex fat when i put it in the camera.
no come to think of it i threw it strait from the GT camera and into the T3,,,,, with a in camera format of course. but id did actually boot and record with the card full of guard track files ( full card )
But i of course went into the menu and formatted at once

Class 10 minimum.
I suggest that it is also A1 rated minimum, but Zenfox has not specified that.

Until extended testing is done with each model, we have no way of knowing if there might be an incompatibility. Zenfox probably wants the testing to find any that don't work.

Also good to test both FAT32 and exFAT, check that they work.

Sandisk High endurance is only a Class 10 and not A1 / A2....Hmm....

That a problem with 3 channels being written to the card at same time? https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...on-limited-quantity.42404/page-15#post-513613

As you can see where I circled: The Viofo hardwire kit mini power usb is intended to go the opposite direction. So to make it fit creates a "U" shape when plugged to the T3.

20200610_170123.jpg

Attachments

• 20200610_170123.jpg
    20200610_170123.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 2
Doesn't matter as long as it works!
Why do you have to make everything more complicated than it might actually be?
If you test it and encounter a problem, that is the time to look for explanations, and to report the problem.
If you create a virtual problem that prevents you even starting a test then we will make zero progress and be no more knowledgeable.

See Photo. Viofo HW Kit has the adapter positioned opposite way than needed for T3. Only way to make it work is create a "Bend" in the cord.

experimenting a little with my GPS issue, i first drove around town with the camera in its place, i then pulled over took the T3 of its mount and with the rear camera connected i put it on top of my speedo console with the bottom facing up towards the sattelites,,,,,, and powered by a old SG power supply.
I have no idea what the result are as i have not yet looked over the footage.
The APP & setting issue well i think its just a APP issue cuz before setting off i checked my settings on the camera LCD, and all changes i made with the APP the last time are also set, so i think somehow the APP dont get updated on setting change or on next wifi connection, so it just think presumably its default settings.

Okay my camera and placement of it GPS issue, i might have a fix on, the camera in its place on the windscreen worked,,,, a very little, but putting it down on my speedo console ( top of dashboard ) with the back of it facing upwards, well that did not work at all and my speed was a constant 1.8 KM/h.

BUT ! lying right there it was also pretty close to the GPS antenna of the K2S system, so tomorrow i will have to disable that, though it have not interfered with SG / GT or the B2W system that have been in the car before.
But those was of course all cameras with a mouse antenna and the SG9663DC and B2W mouse antenna was installed 2 inched from the K2S antenna while the GT antennae was in the opposite side of the windscreen.

I have never experienced GPS issues like this before, my phone also have a good fix when it is in its cradle and have its GPS on ( normally the phone GPS are off )

But disabling the K2S antenna are just about the last thing i can try out in the car at least, that is the sole other GPS devise in the car ( the main unit are located on the floor under the driver seat now )

I have the T3 here on the computer table, i am going to let it run all night in lowest bitrate mode, and film how many times over the night the ghost turn on my computer LDC screen, cuz that happen though the screen are black then you can see the light behind the LCD are on,,,,, also the indicator LED turn blue ( on )

First of all, Thanks Zenfox! I have received the sample unit it this morning.
I'm impressed about the packaging and the product build quality.
I have inspected the contents and pre-tested prior installation and at a glance all seems just fine. Here are some pictures of the unit installed.
Now some testing to do...20200610_162644.jpg20200610_160242.jpg20200610_154723.jpg20200610_160617.jpg20200610_165204.jpg

I have detected the first problem on my unit. When I start the vehicle, the camera starts normally, but then I turn the vehicle off the camera wont sense the power cut off and the screen will fade off until the internal caps are discharged resulting in corrupted file in the last clip being recorded.
If I disconnect the rear camera and I repeat the power cycle, the camera will turn on and turn off normally. Don't know if this is a power cord issue since the rear camera turns on and records just fine. the issue only happens at the time of shutting down the system. Any ideas? I was extremely carefully trying not to damage any wires while installing the unit.

I noticed one such fade to nothing shut down too, but if it resulted in a corrupted file i cant recall / tell

I have had corrupted files 2 times now, once on first files right after boot, and once on the last files.
But it is not a regular thing at all, by far the camera perform normal,,,, but of course not used it for long time yet

I did perform a short test using a PSU from a SG camera, that worked just fine in regard to recording the 3 video streams.
But i am of course carrying on with the provided power supply, the SG one was just my only option to get the camera down on the dashboard as the power wire go to the R A pillar, and the rear camera go to the L A pillar and then put back.

Back