Zenfox T3 Triple channel dash cams free test invitation, limited quantity

I noticed one such fade to nothing shut down too, but if it resulted in a corrupted file i cant recall / tell

I have had corrupted files 2 times now, once on first files right after boot, and once on the last files.
But it is not a regular thing at all, by far the camera perform normal,,,, but of course not used it for long time yet

I did perform a short test using a PSU from a SG camera, that worked just fine in regard to recording the 3 video streams.
But i am of course carrying on with the provided power supply, the SG one was just my only option to get the camera down on the dashboard as the power wire go to the R A pillar, and the rear camera go to the L A pillar and then put back.
I haven't been out for a ride to see how performs in a normal ride, but I let it run continuously for about 10 minutes to see how the 3 camera feeds looked like and check each recorded segment. In that brief test I saw all seemed fine with the exeption of the last 3 files (one for each camera) at the time of the power shutdown.

I noticed one such fade to nothing shut down too, but if it resulted in a corrupted file i cant recall / tell

I have had corrupted files 2 times now, once on first files right after boot, and once on the last files.
But it is not a regular thing at all, by far the camera perform normal,,,, but of course not used it for long time yet

I did perform a short test using a PSU from a SG camera, that worked just fine in regard to recording the 3 video streams.
But i am of course carrying on with the provided power supply, the SG one was just my only option to get the camera down on the dashboard as the power wire go to the R A pillar, and the rear camera go to the L A pillar and then put back.

Could it be SD card related where the camera is trying to write and doesn't like that brand SD card? Causing it to shut down improperly and corrupt the last written file?

Could it be SD card related where the camera is trying to write and doesn't like that brand SD card? Causing it to shut down improperly and corrupt the last written file?
good question! I will try another one and see what happens.

the slow fade on shutdown means the firmware has crashed while trying to do something, could be a one off on his unit but if a few people get the same it could be a bug, but they'd need to enable logging to work that out

the slow fade on shutdown means the firmware has crashed while trying to do something, could be a one off on his unit but if a few people get the same it could be a bug, but they'd need to enable logging to work that out

I need to order an SD card before I can begin testing. FYI what's your thought on trying a Viofo Hardwire Cable with Camera? The one issue, which I posted already, is the directional nature of the plug is opposite to T3. But as far as work-ability, do you think the hardwire kit would support the camera?

I think I got it working now. I did a factory reset and entered my preferred settings/adjustments again and it is shutting down normally now. Will continue checking for stability on that part everyday.

My test unit was just delivered and out of 8 power on/off tests with a new out of package U3 / V30 /A1 rated 128GB card, 5 resulted in fading out and all 3 camera recordings were corrupted. I left the power on for between 30 to 90 seconds in case it was an issue of insufficient time to charge the capacitor, but it didn't seem to make a difference. The corrupt files for the front camera varied from 80MB to 175MB compared to the largest valid file was 437MB for 2:09. Of the ones that successfully saved, a couple were probably from me testing the power button, which seems to shutdown and save correctly. This is definitely something that needs more investigation.

On the bright side, I was very surprised at how quickly Zenfox got the test unit delivered and from outward appearances the build quality seems nice. It will take some time to see if it can hold up in the summer heat.

KuoH

if it's the later version it would work ok

I tested the current Viofo Hardwire Kit I have with my A129 Duo (don't know how to tell version). T3 DOES NOT enter parking mode. Instead, once the car is turned off and power cut, the T3 powers down. I went into menu and selected Low Bitrate Parking and also tried 1 FPS. Didn't matter. Camera cuts off with power. Time was set to off.

If anyone wants to tell me how to identify which hardwire kit I have, I'll be glad to report back. I suspect the old one.

Either way, if someone has the new HK3 kit, please repeat test and report back. If the New HK3 works, I'll go ahead and purchase it.

I tested the current Viofo Hardwire Kit I have with my A129 Duo (don't know how to tell version). T3 DOES NOT enter parking mode. Instead, once the car is turned off and power cut, the T3 powers down. I went into menu and selected Low Bitrate and also tried 1 FPS. Didn't matter. Camera cuts off with power.
when I said it should work I was only referring to power requirements, no idea what method they are using for parking mode and if that would be compatible

My test unit was just delivered and out of 8 power on/off tests with a new out of package U3 / V30 /A1 rated 128GB card, 5 resulted in fading out and all 3 camera recordings were corrupted. I left the power on for between 30 to 90 seconds in case it was an issue of insufficient time to charge the capacitor, but it didn't seem to make a difference. The corrupt files for the front camera varied from 80MB to 175MB compared to the largest valid file was 437MB for 2:09. Of the ones that successfully saved, a couple were probably from me testing the power button, which seems to shutdown and save correctly. This is definitely something that needs more investigation.

On the bright side, I was very surprised at how quickly Zenfox got the test unit delivered and from outward appearances the build quality seems nice. It will take some time to see if it can hold up in the summer heat.

KuoH

Please share brand of SD card you are using? I am going to place an order for 128GB + 256GB Sandisk High Endurance Card unless anyone has already tried and had negative results?

when I said it should work I was only referring to power requirements, no idea what method they are using for parking mode and if that would be compatible

Sorry I wasn't meaning this as a target to your response. I merely was trying to convey that while power might be sufficient, the hardwire kit DID NOT trigger camera to enter parking mode. Camera powered down instead.

Will need someone with new HK3 to repeat test.... Again, I do not know how to check what version I have, but I would suspect old one? Someone please chime in how to check version of hardwire kit.

I tested the current Viofo Hardwire Kit I have with my A129 Duo (don't know how to tell version). T3 DOES NOT enter parking mode. Instead, once the car is turned off and power cut, the T3 powers down. I went into menu and selected Low Bitrate Parking and also tried 1 FPS. Didn't matter. Camera cuts off with power. Time was set to off.

If anyone wants to tell me how to identify which hardwire kit I have, I'll be glad to report back. I suspect the old one.

Either way, if someone has the new HK3 kit, please repeat test and report back. If the New HK3 works, I'll go ahead and purchase it.
May need to swap the red and yellow wires. Zenfox May use yellow wire as battery wire.

Will need someone with new HK3 to repeat test.... Again, I do not know how to check what version I have, but I would suspect old one? Someone please chime in how to check version of hardwire kit.
won't make any difference, function is the same, just better output on the revised version

May need to swap the red and yellow wires. Zenfox May use yellow wire as battery wire.

Couple issues here: - Your theory may indeed but correct.....

I am definitely not ripping my hardwire kit apart to test it...
2. I am going to presume that the circuitry in the Hardwire Kit (Yellow to Yellow & Red to Red) is intended to be used as designed. And being I am not an electrician, nor willing to risk my car being the guinea pig...Someone else will have to chime in here and/or be willing to reverse wiring to see what happens.

Mean time, if anyone has a suggestion on another hardwire kit that uses Yellow as Battery and Red as ACC and has enough voltage, please do share.

I think he missed that you're using the Viofo hardwire kit, the ACC is only a trigger, won't power anything

Could it be though that because I am using the Viofo Hardwiring kit where Red is Battery and Yellow is Acc, that the camera isn't being triggered by the ACC since it expects Red as Acc and Yellow as Battery?

Meaning the Viofo is powering off with the vehicle instead of entering parking mode.

I presume I'd have to get another hardwiring kit where Yellow is Battery and Red Acc to test the theory?

An aside question. How do I turn off infrared on the cabin facing camera? I haven't scrolled extensively through menu yet, but I presume there's a feature to disable black and white infrared and capture color.

An aside question. How do I turn off infrared on the cabin facing camera? I haven't scrolled extensively through menu yet, but I presume there's a feature to disable black and white infrared and capture color.
stop recording first, press the menu button to get into the menu, then press it again to get into the secondary menu. there is a selection called IR, you can turn off IR from there.

Back