Zenfox T3 Triple channel dash cams free test invitation, limited quantity

What I meant was I wouldn't disassemble my hardwire kit and pai the red to yellow wire and yellow to red. Which is what you were suggesting or I understood you to be suggesting. And since I am not an electrician, my thought was this isn't a good idea.
Definately not what I was suggesting.

This will be true in the new VIOFO firmware when it’s released. All the new beta versions now have a timer.

Why would anyone want a timer? I have no idea how long I'll be somewhere (Store, shopping, etc). Setting a cutoff timer is best handled by the hardwire kit voltage cutoff. It'll run the camera until the voltage limit I set is hit. "Guessing if I need 30 Minutes, Hour, etc" is counterproductive to the system already in place. Unless such system is made optional,

Why would anyone want a timer? I have no idea how long I'll be somewhere (Store, shopping, etc). Setting a cutoff timer is best handled by the hardwire kit voltage cutoff. It'll run the camera until the voltage limit I set is hit. "Guessing if I need 30 Minutes, Hour, etc" is counterproductive to the system already in place. Unless such system is made optional,
Not optional in the beta versions. Maybe official version will be different.

What you are asking for is the "On" setting, I think you said that you had it set to "Off", which I guess means it times out immediately, although I haven't tested it. If you want 2 hours then you choose the 2 hours setting.

Last edited:
Has anyone tested exFAT?

I've had a load of files go missing once the card filled up, I think I only had the last file from each journey after the card was full. I'm guessing it has only happened because I formated the card as exFAT. A reformat in the camera has put it back to FAT32.

Has anyone tested exFAT?

I've had a load of files go missing once the card filled up, I think I only had the last file from each journey after the card was full. I'm guessing it has only happened because I formated the card as exFAT. A reformat in the camera has put it back to FAT32.

I did ExFat on a Sandisk Ultra Plus 32GB (only spare card I got til my Sandisk High Endurance Arrives). Worked fine. Didn't run until card was full though and have yet to drive around with camera. It's being tested but not yet installed.

ExFat 32GB card did record though without any corrupted files while I played with camera for half hour.

Last edited:
What you are asking for is the "On" setting, I think you said that you had it set to "Off", which I guess means it times out immediately, although I haven't tested it. If you want 2 hours then you choose the 2 hours setting.

I will try again and set it to 2 hours. I interpreted the instructions as meaning off meant timer was disabled. I will try enabling the timer to 2 hours and see if parking mode works.

I think that's an asinine feature to limit parking mode. What happens if I'm in a movie or somewhere for several hours? I don't want the camera to shut off. I want it to run until 12.2v (50%) and then shut off!

I don't want the camera to shut off. I want it to run until 12.2v (50%) and then shut off!
Like I said before, the manual says that you should set the parking timer to "On" for that situation. I haven't tested it, but you can...

Like I said before, the manual says that you should set the parking timer to "On" for that situation. I haven't tested it, but you can...

Understood, as stated before. Here in about an hour I will test it out with the timer set to each time interval to see if camera enters parking mode.

I'm not saying your wrong. No need to feel defensive here. I only stated I interpreted it to mean off disabled timer. But I could be 100% wrong here. I will run a test and report back! I REALLY WANT TO BE WRONG....So I can order a Viofo Hardwire Kit and hook camera up properly without using cigarette lighter until an official kit is released.

Understood, as stated before. Here in about an hour I will test it out with the timer set to each time interval to see if camera enters parking mode.

I'm not saying your wrong. No need to feel defensive here. I only stated I interpreted it to mean off disabled timer. But I could be 100% wrong here. I will run a test and report back!
I read the manual, so if you are correct then the manual is wrong and we have a fault to report... then again, maybe the manual is correct?

My card have filled up yesterday, but i have not looked at it yet today, but i am going for a drive soon and will inspect once i get home.
Also have something i want to try which i think are the reason of 1 of my 2 corrupted files events.

I am swapping card from tonight, so from the morrow the kingston endurance will take the load of the T3

FYI: That microSD adapter sent with the T3 must be USB 2.0. Speeds from it are SLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOW. I got around 18MB/S tops. My USB 3 gets 87MB/S off the same card!

I have never used any of the packaged readers, but yes i would not be surprised if they was slow.

I read the manual, so if you are correct then the manual is wrong and we have a fault to report... then again, maybe the manual is correct?

+1 Nigel. The Parking Mode must be ENABLED (I selected Low Bitrate) and Timer Set to intervals up to 24 hours. Otherwise Parking mode will not work. I would like to see this "Optional". Forcing a timer is counterproductive because what happens if one needs longer than 24 hours? Running several battery packs could easily surpass 24 hours.....

1. Suggestion #1 Disabled or Make Option

2. You will STILL have issue with the hardwire kit power plug needing looped or bent to fit into the T3. The plug goes the opposite direction on T3 as intended on the Viofo.

1591909714963.png

Last edited:
I would like to see this "Optional". Forcing a timer is counterproductive because what happens if one needs longer than 24 hours? Running several battery packs could easily surpass 24 hours.....
For the third time, if the manual is correct then it is optional - the manual says to set the parking timer to "On" - page 21.

I have never used any of the packaged readers, but yes i would not be surprised if they was slow.

Ya it's slow. USB 2.0 slow. So I wouldn't recommend using it unless you have no other option.

For the third time, if the manual is correct then it is optional - the manual says to set the parking timer to "On" - page 21.

Let me clarify. Manual is wrong. It is NOT optional. If you don't enable parking timer, Parking mode does not work. At least those were my results using the Viofo Hardwire Kit.

Let me clarify. Manual is wrong. It is NOT optional. If you don't enable parking timer, Parking mode does not work.
Have you tried setting the parking timer to "On"?

"On" = "∞" ?

Last edited:
Back