Zenfox T3 Triple channel dash cams free test invitation, limited quantity

Yeah thats right also what i have

yes will for sure do a reset to default tomorrow, i think both in menu and the little reset button

Still don't like the plug on the Viofo Kit being inverted and U shaped or looping to fit. Not the most ideal arrangement.
I guess you could contact Viofo and complain that their hardwire kit plug is upside down for use with a Zenfox dashcam :unsure:

Not sure what the response would be, they are not going to change it because then the Viofo hardwire kit wouldn't fit a Viofo camera when the rear camera is plugged in!

I guess you could contact Viofo and complain that their hardwire kit plug is upside down for use with a Zenfox dashcam :unsure:

Not sure what the response would be, they are not going to change it because then the Viofo hardwire kit wouldn't fit a Viofo camera when the rear camera is plugged in!

Ok now you are missing my point..Read again.... Zenfox doesn't have it's own hardwiring kit. I was implying that while the HK3 works, it is not a perfect match but a temporary fix for those that want to hardwire their T3 unit to beta test. As they will either have to loop or create a u shape to make the plug go into the T3 until Zenfox releases an official hardwire kit.

Correct...which is why I said... As they will either have to loop or create a u shape to make the plug go into the T3 until Zenfox releases an official hardwire kit.

I'll order an HK3 in the mean time and hardwire my camera before I install it. LOL I'll be dropping about 92E / 103 USD on this test between 256 GB High Endurance Sandisk / 128GB Sandisk for second camera to go in my mother's car to test / and ordering another hardwire kit for mine.

Not so free after all ;)

No it do take some to test cameras, just use it is easy to do,
but if you want to be able to provide some feedback, you need for instance a suite of different relevant memory cards so you can test memory card compatibility.
You also need to take a structured approach to using the new camera, something i am still working with myself even after all these years, and to be honest i dont always feel i do as good as i should.
But i trust if people feel i am missing out they can tell me, i think it is okay to ask such things even if you provided a free camera to someone. I am always open to suggestions on how to do a better job,,,, and be a nicer guy ASO.

Next week i will probably spend 6-700 DKkr on 2 new memory cards to my test suite, i will get a 256GB card for general use, and another 128 GB card that go strait into the tin of test memory cards.

Sandisk high endurance ( 256GB - 586 DKkr )
Western digital purple ( 128 GB - 231 DKkr )

No it do take some to test cameras, just use it is easy to do,
but if you want to be able to provide some feedback, you need for instance a suite of different relevant memory cards so you can test memory card compatibility.
You also need to take a structured approach to using the new camera, something i am still working with myself even after all these years, and to be honest i dont always feel i do as good as i should.
But i trust if people feel i am missing out they can tell me, i think it is okay to ask such things even if you provided a free camera to someone. I am always open to suggestions on how to do a better job,,,, and be a nicer guy ASO.

Next week i will probably spend 6-700 DKkr on 2 new memory cards to my test suite, i will get a 256GB card for general use, and another 128 GB card that go strait into the tin of test memory cards.

Sandisk high endurance ( 256GB - 586 DKkr )
Western digital purple ( 128 GB - 231 DKkr )

Since I have no spare cards, I'm using a Sandisk Ultra Plus. I wouldn't say the card is compatible as I'm only using it to get camera to boot up. I am going to order the hardwire kit before I bother to mount and install camera. I really don't want to rip off my A and C pillars and plastic trimming twice. So if the Viofo Hardwire kit works with it, I may leave it there until Zenfox gets one to the market.

Parking mode is an important feature to me. I would never buy a camera without it, so if it doesn't work, the camera "fails" in my books. So the idea is to ensure parking mode is stable and reliable.

I asked Zenfox for a second camera. Mine will run the 256GB Sandisk High Endurance. I have a Viofo A129 in my mother's car. She said go for it and install a second camera in mine. So I ordered her a 128GB High Endurance. Need to place order for the hardwire kit.

I'll get it from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07JQ1JYPJ

The plastic trim on my A pillars or at least the Left hand side one are barely able to stick, there are 3 places they lock in place, but the metal thingies that do that have detached from the plastic trim and fallen down in the A pillar.
It is almost as bad on the Right hand side. :sneaky:

Not meant to come on and off as often as i my car.

I should get a new set and paint them flat black, like i have threatened to do for a while now.

The plastic trim on my A pillars or at least the Left hand side one are barely able to stick, there are 3 places they lock in place, but the metal thingies that do that have detached from the plastic trim and fallen down in the A pillar.
It is almost as bad on the Right hand side. :sneaky:

Not meant to come on and off as often as i my car.

I should get a new set and paint them flat black, like i have threatened to do for a while now.

I will join in (or get yelled at more) and join in soon as I get all the necessary components together. My pillars have bolts that need to be removed, then I must tuck wires behind side curtains. Install time is easily a couple hours if done properly. So I really would like the hardwire kit so I can test it properly with park mode until Zenfox gets his official one out. Will place order here shortly and i imagine in a few days memory card and kit will be at my door. Then ill jump into giving input.

I also need to give the manual a closer inspection. Part of problem I skimmed it and missed the "ON" part that NIgel got upset at me about. I really need to sit down and look it over. Just half awake LOL. Between driving 300KM on Tuesday, 300KM on Weds, getting up at the crack of dawn to do so, and what not, I'm sleep deprived. Doesnt help im a night owl!

Last edited:
i think it just said zenfox T3V1.0

Could be they sent out different firmwares to test them as well? Or in light of your having the Chinese characters there could be different versions such as you see with the 70mai which has (or had) Chinese and International versions on the market which were different in more than language and writing.

Phil

Could be they sent out different firmwares to test them as well? Or in light of your having the Chinese characters there could be different versions such as you see with the 70mai which has (or had) Chinese and International versions on the market which were different in more than language and writing.

Phil

Easily rectified by messaging Zenfox and requesting the firmware file utilized in other cameras, should that been his issue.

A tester should always be prepared.

This is my latest additions to my micro SD card collections.

20200306_214606.jpg

A tester should always be prepared.

This is my latest additions to my micro SD card collections.

View attachment 52099

Seems I'm the only one inclined to do a hardwire test with the HK3? Having already shown it works with the kit.

None the less, I'm not Mr. Money Bags. Already dropping around 92 E / 100 USD to order SD cards and Hardwire kit. Waiting a few days to have things shipped isn't going to affect much!

;) You're a true Beta Tester ;) Nice SD card collection!

Seems I'm the only one inclined to do a hardwire test with the HK3? Having already shown it works with the kit.

None the less, I'm not Mr. Money Bags. Already dropping around 92 E / 100 USD to order SD cards and Hardwire kit. Waiting a few days to have things shipped isn't going to affect much!

;) You're a true Beta Tester ;) Nice SD card collection!

Just test/review with what you have on hands is good enough.

I've been testing/reviewing dashcams since 2015. But there are a lot more senior testers/reviewers in DCT. I'm just small fry ;)

I usually wait for the cards to go sales before I buy them.

128GB has gotten cheaper over the years. Now waiting for 256GB and 512GB cards price to go down.

I did a bit of driving this morning and camera seemed to behaving well for the moment being. I'm not intending to add parking mode capability to my unit since I feel that is not a big priority for me at the moment but I totally understand it could be to others. I will definitely order a cpl filter from Zenfox for the front camera as soon as this comes available. I today's sunny short drive the dashboard reflection was a bit too much since I am used to not see that on my Viofo with the filter on. Also looking to get some A1 or A2 sd cards soon, even though the EVO and SanDisk Extreme Plus are doing well so far, don't know for how long though.

You told me the answer I also alluded to, but without an "actual answer". We don't know if the Camera has a GPS timer function to enter parking mode. So using a Battery Pack or 12V add a fuse may not work......Viofo Hardwire kit is a non stater.

Maybe someone with the camera can chime in if the T3 supports the GPS enabled parking mode.
T3 no GPS timer.
If the T3 does not connect ACC hardwire cable, it will enter into parking mode after the G-sensor and motion detection are not triggered for 5 minutes.

Back