Street Guardian SGZC12RC Remote Lens, Sony Exmor IMX322, WDR

Last edited:
why did the aussie dollar have to go dive down soo fast.

The same goes for our Romanian Leu.

Well
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-fight-speculation-denmark-s-euro-peg-at-risk

duck-and-cover-drill.jpg

Seem like every one is out to get us ATM :)

thanks niko, looks pretty small.
You are welcome. Thats THE Smallest FullHD rear remote dashcam on the market. The smaller than that have seen is Urive Albatross II, but its only 720p.

Hardware is the same as other Panorama series models so same sort of video quality

I'll have the cameras, it's pre release but we're doing a Street Guardian version

If you have the same basic hardware why have different cams?

What difference does it make if the cam is a Street Guardian or not?

Why do most cams not include a sd card?

Also, has the USA $ changed recently or is the Chinese currency still tagged to it so USA $ fluctuation does not matter at all?

I am beginning to think a lot of the dash cam details are similar to performance upgrades for a car or truck. Yes, they do improve performance but I can not figure out WHY anything really makes a difference or how adding different parts works together. Basic mechanics I understand. Performance upgrades are very confusing. It seems like I know a guy who knows a guy who figured this out is the answer.

If you have the same basic hardware why have different cams?

form factor is different between the models, internal v external GPS, fixed lens v remote lens etc, they're based on the same hardware so video results are the same, just different applications suit different designs

What difference does it make if the cam is a Street Guardian or not?

We do our own versions, firmware is different, inclusions are different, as are support and warranty

Why do most cams not include a sd card?

All Street Guardian retail versions come with minimum 32GB memory cards, the majority of cameras don't come with the cards though

Also, has the USA $ changed recently or is the Chinese currency still tagged to it so USA $ fluctuation does not matter at all?

it matters a lot, our costs have increased 20% in the last 6 months unfortunately, all products are purchased in USD

Jokiin, thank you for the replies. I am still a little confused when it comes down to hardware and form factor advantages. I am sure that given some time I will eventually understand much better. I recognize that SG is your brand. I did not know what that meant beyond a sticker on the box. Thank you for the reply. I can only imagine how hard it must be to incorporate a good business model when your costs can change dramatically at any time simply because currency values change for no discernible reason. If your cost go up 20% and the currency also drop 25% that sure can destroy a lot of market share in that country. Hopefully the stronger currency in a different country makes up for that somewhat. I would suspect that Russia has seen prices go much higher as their currency is falling.

I should also say I am impressed with the amount of time you spend on forums like this one. You must not have a lot of free time left after forums and your real job especially when problems arise requiring new manufacturing changes.

Russia doesn't worry me as I don't do any business there

I am still a little confused when it comes down to hardware and form factor advantages. .

the base hardware across the various versions are the same, it's not about advantages or disadvantages of the different form factor but rather which is the suitable type for any given application, which is the most suitable model for your vehicle might not suit a different vehicle or a different persons usage needs

products with our brand name are done differently to even similar looking versions, firmware, features, performance, inclusions, support are all different, we do retail product though and these things are expected, we're not doing anonymous online sales out of China where the vendor has no investment in the brand, in a market with 7 billion people what the last person thought of them is not their primary concern, they're more interested in just attracting the next sale by whatever means it takes, may sound harsh but it's a reality for a great many of the online sellers

Back