www.joovuu-x.com

Those super-capacitors look very much like 18650 Lithium Ion batteries and would work fine here down-under where I am.

I want 2 of these cameras when sorted.

Here's another topic........ Why has business not provided standard world wide AA batteries in Li-On form with a charger ?

Hi @Hombré
We have an Australian reseller @Chris Hunt who will be selling the JooVuu X and opening up pre-orders as well so I'm sure he can supply them for you.

Regarding your question that may be a bit out of my depth. However, I can offer you two articles (being published soon)

1) How JooVuu and JooVuu X came to be named

2) A 'daily' day for us and what it entails.

I'm also going to double publish a post about why we hate 'paid' reviews.

Dan

It sort of had, at least i once had a high end Aiwa walkman with nifty little batteries and a mains charger, sadly i got it in Japan so charger was 110V so only place i could charge it was on the mirror of my bathroom on the ship.
Mirror had a dual voltage output 230/110 V

And there is still a wide range of small rechargeable batteries, but as i see it most seem to be elongated batteries and not small square ones.

I have a 600 mah 1 cell lipo that seem to be able to fit inside the x-cam, sadly the plug on it is different so i cant try it out without cranking up the soldering iron.
And at this stage i dont think that would be fair to joovuu

Those super-capacitors look very much like 18650 Lithium Ion batteries and would work fine here down-under where I am.
I strongly doubt they are 18650's which are as the name suggests 18mm diameter and 65mm long - 10440 Maybe (closer to AAA sizewise)

I can post full specifications later for dimensions etc. Or I'm sure @Padwanjoe or @kamkar1 can post them.

No the capacitors are pretty small, something like 8 X 23 mm, a 18650 lipo is a fjew mm shorter than the whole camera and if you could put one inside it would make the weight go up with +100%
xinside.jpg

Connoisseurs will notise my camera is a little different on the inside, both compared to the 1 sample and what the final product will be.

Thats what happen here once in a while :D

Why has business not provided standard world wide AA batteries in Li-On form with a charger ?

If you put 4 normal AA in serial you got 4 x 1.5 volt = 6 volt.
If you put 4 Li-on in in serial you got 4 x 3.7 volt = 14.8 volt.
Some will probably make a mistake between these two type of battery and destroy there electronic. I guess that the reason.

Yeah i assume thats why 18650 batteries is "a lot" larger then your standart AA battery, and they hold more power 3.7 V ( over 4 V when just charged ) Vs the 1.5 or 1.2 V if rechargeable AA battery.

My 18650 for my little LED torch go up ti 4.2 Volts before they stop chargeing, and so do every cell in my RC batteries, and both cut off when they get down to 3.4 volts ( controlled my chip in 18650 or by setup in RC sped controller )
You do not want to go below 3.2 volts on a lipo.

I think a 18650 can go as big as 8000 mah now, thats a lot of juice in a little package :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
hehe yeah i think i got these batteries a little too cheap, but for now they willl have to make do.
They do provide power for longer in my flashlight than they say can be done with a 3400 MAH battery of nite cores own.

And i never charge any lipo if i am not around, and i keep all of mine in my oven, and i charge them in my window sill so if anything happen i can disconnect and flip it out of my 2 floor window in no time.

We call them "Crap-Fire" regardless of the brand on the flashlight forum I hang out on. There are some cells which are OK, but they never meet the advertised mAh rating and fakes abound ten times worse that with dash-cams. I have an "Ultrafire" zoomie flashlight and it's pretty good. It's a clone of the Sipik SK68 which is no longer made. One of the latest flashlight brands from China is "Uranus-Fire". I don't know who picks those names but it's a good bet English isn't their native language :D

Phil

haha uranus fire,,,, lay off the chilli then :D

Dees veery hot flashinglight, we name uranus fire, and make many renminbi on ebay.

i keep all of mine in my oven, and i charge them in my window sill so if anything happen i can disconnect and flip it out of my 2 floor window in no time.

NSA has pass the information to PET (Danish police internal service), We got SWAT team ready.

This is live stream from @kamkar1 surveillance camera.;)

Incredible how low some peoples morale can be.

Copy from joovuu reviews our opinion.
" For instance, we received an email in mid-June from a customer on a prominent forum who essentially said this to us: If you do not send me this free product, I will negatively review your website on this and that forum, and then will essentially lie about your product until you either send me something for free, or give me something else."

Back