My SG9665GC-V2 Is On The Way!!!

my 8th sg9665gc is on its way as well, should have it thursday all doing well, cant wait to get it and how my mate how to use it.
as soon as I showed him the quality of it he had to get one. within a couple of minutes of me showing it to him in person he was sold on it. only after months of me telling him how great it was.

navigating any menu option is pretty much up, down, ok, or menu, if in doubt just try, you'll quickly get the hang of it

navigating any menu option is pretty much up, down, ok, or menu, if in doubt just try, you'll quickly get the hang of it
Yep this is what i did. I hate reading instructions so after 2 minutes into the manual i said screw and started playing around with the buttons hahaha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I have a 2016 Camaro and the SG is my rear cam. Spending more than 2 minutes in the back seat is not an option. It's not really a back seat, more like a coat room, where you toss a sweatshirt or your ipad, not a person. Messing with settings gets old, FAST.

Well the good thing is you shouldn't really have to change settings once you figure out what you want/like, and then set it and forget it as an appliance.

I have a 2016 Camaro and the SG is my rear cam. Spending more than 2 minutes in the back seat is not an option. It's not really a back seat, more like a coat room, where you toss a sweatshirt or your ipad, not a person. Messing with settings gets old, FAST.

for the most part once you set them up you never need to change anything anyway, same goes with all cameras really, kind of thing you would do before putting it in place if it's not easy to access

I received my SG9665GC v2 today and WOW is this thing small. Seriously you could almost mistake it for an electronic guitar tuner.

One other question. Is it possible to power the SG9665GC v2 through a car charger like this one?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00W97X7AW
I understand I would have to get my own mini USB cable.

It's not recommended, had too many customers think there is a problem with the camera when it ended up being the power supply being flaky. Better to get one of the recommended hard wire options. CPUSB01 is good. My favorite is the Vico-Power Plus.

One other question. Is it possible to power the SG9665GC v2 through a car charger like this one?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00W97X7AW
I understand I would have to get my own mini USB cable.

While I appreciate what, and why, @Pier28 said what he did it does not answer your question. I've been successfully running 2 GC's with one of these since last summer:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00MSYQ94W
.... and more recently 2 GC's and 2 A118-C's (front, rear and both sides) with one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0169K7SQS
During that time I've only experienced 1 power issue and that was when it was about -15F and I suspect the temperature had something to do with it because once the vehicle warmed up operation was normal and the incident never repeated. Make sure that whatever you use supplies a minimum of 1A continuous output (on each outlet) and you should be fine.

Last edited:
I was tossing around options for wiring too and still am but when you think about it:
for a good quality USB adapter is a minimum $10
for a good quality USB cable is around $10
you are already at $20 and possibility it may not work or fail when really needed or if you read some of those reviews when this adapter melts or takes out what it's connect to.... eh this cam is expensive
I am heavily leaning toward the CPUSB01 which is $35, only $15 more and provides me with piece of mind...
Just sayin....

So I got my SG9665GC v2 set up today and it was actually surprisingly easy to get the power cable routed and hidden. Currently I have it running in the weatherstripping around the edge of the door, however, the weatherstripping does get deformed in the spot where the cable is inserted. I might re-run this cable down the edge of the windshield.

The hardest part I think was to route it around the foot area of the passenger seat in a way that it would not get tangled up in the passenger's feet.

I took a couple of test drives and somehow I was almost expecting to see weird events like on those Russian dashcam video compilations. Alas, I was out of luck. Only safe driving today! :D

I took a couple of test drives and somehow I was almost expecting to see weird events like on those Russian dashcam video compilations. Alas, I was out of luck. Only safe driving today! :D
that's what it should be like. only these idiots on the road have made it necessary for dashcams.

You wouldn't need dashcams at all if the human race wasn't such a self serving pack of lying maggots. ;)

So I got my SG9665GC v2 set up today and it was actually surprisingly easy to get the power cable routed and hidden. Currently I have it running in the weatherstripping around the edge of the door, however, the weatherstripping does get deformed in the spot where the cable is inserted. I might re-run this cable down the edge of the windshield.

The hardest part I think was to route it around the foot area of the passenger seat in a way that it would not get tangled up in the passenger's feet.

Hahaha ive been waiting to catch crazy footage like those Euro drivers experience but have yet to see a single thing in the past 2 months. Darn lol

I have mine wired in the headliner as well but instead of opening up that aode panel like some have done i have it running underneath the glove compartment (i guess ppl call these jockey boxes) fortunately theres little spaces in the corner of mine in my truck that i was able to snake the wire through.

Ill snap a pic on my break today

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Hey guys i have Datakam Player 2.4 but how do I get the GPS to show up on the screen?

cd60236c8a9aa37caa0ccdb3a27ed7b1.jpg

not sure what the setting is for the Mac version, @Calgary Dash Camera - Robert speaks fluent Mac and might be able to point you in the right direction, permissions or firewall related setting perhaps???
Off topic. hope its ok to ask you a question about the A119 plus GPS. Why with the SG it plays back in MOV. and plays back all the files no problem. But with the A119 it plays back in MP4 file. not MOV. From approx. 30 3 min files maybe 10 files will not open. an error message come on saying 1 This items file format may be unsupported 2 File extension may be incorrect. and 3 file may be corrupted. I cannot understand why. with the SG nothing like that.

Back