When does it look like the user manual will be ready?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

should be on the website in the next day or so, if there's anything you're not clear on in the interim by all means ask away and we'll answer for you

My editing software have a nifty auto sync feature for several cameras, and then downsizing the one camera and put that on top of the other are pretty easy.
But that's off course a slow route to go if you just want to watch 2 channels at once.

Received my DC yesterday. Hurray! Had a quick look today, and it looks great. But...

As expected, I am having trouble positioning the front cam. If I place it on the frit on the driver side, the sensor cluster comes into the view as well. If I position it further down it will be clearly visible from the front, and I am afraid it may obstruct my vision. Same issue (and no frit either) on the passenger side. I have added some pictures to show what I mean.

my business partner has a 2015 CX-9 which is possibly much the same, I'll ask him if there's anything to look out for

Any luck with that Rick?

I am considering sticking the camera to the underside of the sensor cluster. Would that be an issue considering it is plastic?

Attachments

• 2017_1121_003438_005.JPG
    2017_1121_003438_005.JPG
    625.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Driver Side.jpg
    Driver Side.jpg
    901.3 KB · Views: 49
  • Front View.jpg
    Front View.jpg
    694 KB · Views: 48
  • Passenger Side.jpg
    Passenger Side.jpg
    1,016.4 KB · Views: 47
gee that thing is massive, i havent ever seen one that big before.
possible half of it is empty and they just extended it for the looks, can you mount the camera inside of it or cut a bit out of it?

gee that thing is massive, i havent ever seen one that big before.
possible half of it is empty and they just extended it for the looks, can you mount the camera inside of it or cut a bit out of it?

Yes, it is massive. They have done a good job hiding it behind the rearview mirror so I don't see the bulkiness when driving. Like you say, it is likely mostly hollow, but not keen to mess with it.

Received my DC yesterday. Hurray! Had a quick look today, and it looks great. But...

As expected, I am having trouble positioning the front cam. If I place it on the frit on the driver side, the sensor cluster comes into the view as well. If I position it further down it will be clearly visible from the front, and I am afraid it may obstruct my vision. Same issue (and no frit either) on the passenger side. I have added some pictures to show what I mean.

Any luck with that Rick?

he's doing an install in a CX9 this weekend, was meant to be doing it last weekend but something came up

Thanks. I thought about and hence this question, so from your picture I take it that it is not an issue?
No problem for me. I did have a bit of an issue with the adhesion on the plastic. I originally used industrial strength Velcro (shown in the picture) but subsequently switched to 3M Dual-Lock. The dual lock would come loose after a period of time - possibly due to oils leeching out of the plastic or the surface texture, or both. Solved that by using the Dual-Lock and some dual sided mounting tape to provide some cushioning and better conformity with the housing texture - had no adhesion problems after that.

I recently sold that vehicle and was able to remove everything from the housing without any issues as well.

Solved that by using the Dual-Lock and some dual sided mounting tape to provide some cushioning
interesting. So, the double sided tape had better contact to the housing that dual-lock. Hmm.

interesting. So, the double sided tape had better contact to the housing that dual-lock. Hmm.
Yes, most dual lock I've used had a semi rigid, almost solid rubber-like adhesive. And when placed directly on the glass in my car, the adhesive melted in the summer heat and slowly slid down the windshield till it eventually fell off.

Foam tape conforms to textured surfaces better than the stuff on dual lock.

Back